Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

39 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I believed those tweets about it being Leicester fans until I got to the bit saying ‘do you know who I am’

The classic line people love to say celebrities used. Bollocks

Definitely - and I know he gets pelters from a fair few on here, I can't say I'm a massive fan - but it's genuinely the least likely phrase I'd expect him to blurt out. Doesn't strike me as a big time Charlie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Definitely - and I know he gets pelters from a fair few on here, I can't say I'm a massive fan - but it's genuinely the least likely phrase I'd expect him to blurt out. Doesn't strike me as a big time Charlie.

Yeah agreed. Actually strikes me as pretty aware responsible and grateful for the position he’s in. 

But I guess I don’t know him personally and god knows how things can go when everyone’s had a few beers.

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Maguire probably won't even see the inside of a courtroom never mind a cell. 

If Solskjaer and his **** bezzie mate can stop a rapist from going to jail this'll be a piece of piss for them.

He's about to have his second night in a cell tonight to be fair....:ph34r:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One of the most overused lines: "Don't you know who I am?"

I suspect it's rarely ever been said by anyone.

Vardy said it to me once in the old Yates in town. Sometime in 2013, I wasn't long in uni.

• Haha 1

At what point will Chelsea start getting stick like Man City have for spending an obscene amount of money? 

They almost started the craze (in England) when they splashed out as Roman arrived. Man City then had their period of buying players for stupid amounts. Now Chelsea are about to spend approx £250m in one window (Havertz, Werner, Chilwell, Ziyech). That's on top of £180m approx last season and then £230m the season before that. Aware they sold Hazard and Morata for big money though. 

I guess if they don't win anything next season it'll be irrelevant and Lampard might not see the season out if so after spending so much but it's like another player has been added on to a FIFA/Football Manager game with an edited financial backing... 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

At what point will Chelsea start getting stick like Man City have for spending an obscene amount of money? 

They almost started the craze (in England) when they splashed out as Roman arrived. Man City then had their period of buying players for stupid amounts. Now Chelsea are about to spend approx £250m in one window (Havertz, Werner, Chilwell, Ziyech). That's on top of £180m approx last season and then £230m the season before that. Aware they sold Hazard and Morata for big money though. 

I guess if they don't win anything next season it'll be irrelevant and Lampard might not see the season out if so after spending so much but it's like another player has been added on to a FIFA/Football Manager game with an edited financial backing... 

Ridiculous amounts of money. And they didn't really need these players. Maybe the two wide players having lost Pedro and Willian, but they could do without a buying a striker and a left back. They really need to strengthen the centre of their defence and get a decent keeper, so can't help feeling they're adding in the wrong areas.

They got so much praise early last season for using youth (even though they were forced to go that way), I feel a couple won't get a look in now and will struggle to develop. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Really?

Rarely ever by anyone with a perception of a raised public image? 

I believe it’s likely the phrase, or something to the same effect , has been used, and continue to be used by many pompous idiots across the world. 

I’m sick of big headed (no  pun intended) sports and celebrities behaving like spoilt brats. 

Thought Harry was better than that. 

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Mandy Maguire, coincidently, Shameless. Just rewatched the series.

Dean Richards said it to me once in a pub after I’d accidentally bumped into him years ago. 

sorry mate

dont you know who I am

er er er, are you that er er

Dean Richards

no, I was thinking of someone else.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

The Hazard money basically covered Pulisic and Kovacic, and Morata money coverd a bit of Werner and Ziyech. The rest is still a huge investment. I don't understand why Chelsea or Man United don't get the same stick Man City do, as it's still ridiculous money. 

I honestly get a little tired of it and the Prem, clubs like us/Wolves close the gap through clever purchases and the big teams just splash 100's of millions again and push away. Obviously we all know FFP doesn't impact them. 

If Chelsea don't appear to be storming teams or to be winning things, Lampard will be out. 

• Like 3