Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Not surprising, you can't guarantee home teams will have full capacity so letting away fans in wouldn't be correct. Plus it'll be difficult enough judging who can go to what matches for home fans- away games could be a hell of a lot more challenging.

At least, for once, we'll avoid the situations where away fans are given nightmare trips at inconvenient times.

Maguire left the country after pleading not guilty. Charges don’t look good for him though.

The police say a file has been opened which includes accusations of  "violence against officials, disobedience, bodily harm, insult and attempted bribery of an official".

18 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Maguire left the country after pleading not guilty. Charges don’t look good for him though.

The police say a file has been opened which includes accusations of  "violence against officials, disobedience, bodily harm, insult and attempted bribery of an official".

And that's just what happened last season, not even including what happened in Greece

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Anyone else would be banged up to be honest. He has pleaded not guilty though and let’s see how things unravel 

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Anyone else would be banged up to be honest. He has pleaded not guilty though and let’s see how things unravel 

How the fvck can he plead not guilty. He took on 5 coppers and smacked one, plus tried to bribe them. Mind, if the prisons are anything like they are on Crete. Squeaky bum time!

edit, I think the not guilty plea gets you out of custody until the trial.

Edited by yorkie1999

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

How the fvck can he plead not guilty. He took on 5 coppers and smacked one, plus tried to bribe them. Mind, if the prisons are anything like they are on Crete. Squeaky bum time!

edit, I think the not guilty plea gets you out of custody until the trial.

Yeah I think it's Greek law/stipulations which allow it.

the 'attempted bribery of an official' is the amusing one. Quite clearly he (or representative/club?) has said 'what can I give you to let me go' lol 

5 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yep and he doesn’t even have to go back for the trial on Tuesday, so reckon it will just be a monetary fine 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yeah I think it's Greek law/stipulations which allow it.

the 'attempted bribery of an official' is the amusing one. Quite clearly he (or representative/club?) has said 'what can I give you to let me go' lol 

I'm just amazed they (allegedly) turned it down!

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I know it's only a pre-season friendly but Everton went 3-0 down to Blackpool after 9 minutes :giggle:

It'd be quite ironic if Everton had a very average season and haven't improved at all from last season, in terms of league standing, especially with Ancelotti there now (reportedly on an £8m-year contact)...

Ae it would certainly show that success is based on the right people doing the right things (look at us during the title-winning season) and not just spent £££ and gamble on players who will not improve the team's prospects.

Neither of those articles said that no away fans will be allowed in stadiums all season. They said it's looking likely that no away fans will be allowed in the initial phase of getting fans back. Which I imagine most expected? No news as usual

39 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oh, are we celebrating someone from Leicester hitting someone else? I am so proud.

Yeah I don't understand the logic of this either. 

Fine to dislike Maguire but going out to of your own way to wind him up and then physically hit him is just weird and even weirder that it's lapped up by so many fans. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Fine to dislike Maguire but going out to of your own way to wind him up and then physically hit him is just weird and even weirder that it's lapped up by so many fans. 

You only have to see the misty-eyed reverence some have for hard men on the pitch and also comments about modern players being nancy boys, as well as the OTT deification of NP, to understand the mindset of some.

58 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oh, are we celebrating someone from Leicester hitting someone else? I am so proud.

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Especially as maguire knows he can’t get involved in crap like this ....

if I had maguire’s money I would be going out of my way not to be in places frequented by brauny berks ...... 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Especially as maguire knows he can’t get involved in crap like this ....

if I had maguire’s money I would be going out of my way not to be in places frequented by brauny berks ...... 

Agreed, but beside the point.