Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Not a big fan of Simon Jordan but he's right about Man City & Pep. Pep is much bigger than Man City. And as I've always said, Man City have a small club mentality. Multiple titles and having world class players cannot cure that. Constant whining about the media, the refs, UEFA, the FA etc you would think they were Accrington Stanley with a budget of £2.50. ****ing man up and act like a big club.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Constant whining about the media, the refs, UEFA, the FA etc you would think they were Accrington Stanley with a budget of £2.50. ****ing man up and act like a big club.

I think you could apply that all these 'elite' clubs. Klopp is a master of the moan and Man U have been doing it since Ferguson moved in.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think you could apply that all these 'elite' clubs. Klopp is a master of the moan and Man U have been doing it since Ferguson moved in.

Usually its the "Top managers", who take the biscuit

Before Ferguson Manutd had a few more....!!

Actually this moaning IMO from top clubs is more just the perception,from other fans because they get interviewed more and are usually need to be good/better at deflecting the Media attention,from their team or individual players.....

Though we should not forget Sean Dyche ,he probably started moaning early for the practice hoping he would  get a big club...:smile:

Edited by fuchsntf

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Usually its the "Top managers", who take the biscuit

Before Ferguson Manutd had a few more....!!

Actually this moaning IMO from top clubs is more just the perception,from other fans because they get interviewed more and are usually need to be good/better at deflecting the Media attention,from their team or individual players.....

Though we should not forget Sean Dyche ,he probably started moaning early for the practice hoping he would  get a big club...:smile:

Sure but the point I was making was in response to those clubs that " think they were Accrington Stanley with a budget of £2.50" mentioned by @Koke 

17 minutes ago, twister said:

arsenal seem to be going down the shakhtar donetsk route of signing half a team of players from brazil , which considering their sporting director is brazilian is edu makes a lot of sense.

Less to with Edu, more to do with the super agent behind all their transfers 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Less to with Edu, more to do with the super agent behind all their transfers 

this bloke you mean

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-league/arsenal/2020/01/17/powerful-arsenal-supporting-agent-pushing-more-clients-to-emirates-stadium/

the same bloke involved with tevez stuff, and the all the going ons at corinthians.

be interesting to see how it pans out long term.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, twister said:

arsenal seem to be going down the shakhtar donetsk route of signing half a team of players from brazil , which considering their sporting director is brazilian is edu makes a lot of sense.

we've won a Prem and there's very little that can top that, so everything from here on in is just a procession but in my lifetime I want us to buy a maverick Brazilian attacker.

This sounds genuinely mental:

Harry Maguire’s legal team are requesting a postponement to the case, claiming they didn’t have sufficient time to prepare.

Maguire’s lawyer Alexis Anagnostakis said the list of charges was finalised just yesterday, so he only received a hard copy of the file this morning - two hours ahead of today’s trial. He didn’t even have the time to discuss in depth with his clients, he says.

Court is taking a break to consider this submission from Maguire legal team for an adjournment.

The lawyer for Harry Maguire says he has in his possession a video from outside the police station on Mykonos which he says shows the three defendants on the night in state of “extreme agony” which he needs more time to verify.

Defence lawyer getting very animated as he repeatedly asks for an adjournment and is repeatedly denied by the judge.

the trial is now going ahead today - against the wishes of Harry Maguire’s defence team.

Maguire’s defence claim two Albanian men approached his sister Daisy, they injected her with something and she immediately fainted. They called their van and asked to be driven to hospital, but driver took them to the police department.

Defence say that when they arrived at police station they were assaulted by officers who kicked Harry on his leg telling him “your career is over”.

The prosecution team say plain clothes police officers intervened to try calm the situation down but the “English men” did not calm down and one of the defendants said “****, **** the police” and one of the defendants punched an officer.

Prosecution allege that once at the police station Harry Maguire said: “Do you know who I am? I am the captain of Manchester United, I am very rich, I can give you money, I can pay you, please let us go”

Police officer (witness for prosecution) now being cross examined by Maguire lawyer. He says he didn’t see two Albanian men hitting the English group. He is asked by lawyer how, then, he would explain the serious injuries found on one of defendants by the medical examination.

A second police officer called by prosecution offers a similar story to the first. He claims that at the police station Harry Maguire said to him: “please, let me go, I am very rich, I can pay, I am the leader of Manchester United.”

Another police officer now giving evidence. He says during handcuffing Harry Maguire pushed him hard and he fell back hurting his back. Also says he was injured on the leg. He says he was injected with painkillers and took the next day off to recover.

https://twitter.com/marthakelner/status/1298203304846131201

The more this rumbles on the less straightforward it seems. Doesn't seem to be a case of a slap on the wrist and sweep it under the carpet. As amusing as it is it feels a bit wrong revelling in his misery but if he has tried to be all Billy big bollocks it's nice to see that they've not pandered to it

If all of the Albanian injection stuff is fabricated then he deserves everything he gets. 

Cant help but think they’ve come up with this as it’s something that can’t be proven to be made up. There’s a reason they would say Albanian and not Greek... as they know blaming a Greek would look bad on them for tourism. Blaming a foreigner for crimes is common in corrupt countries. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Sure just be a huge fine? He's not going to jail!

Is he?

His solicitor yesterday was saying it was just misdemeanours and will get a monetary fine, although bribing an Official carries a five year maximum sentence

Edited by jammie82uk