Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Perez and Evans were both release clauses. We won't negotiate with premier league teams. You get ripped off. 

Yeh I knew that with Evans, didnt realise Perez had a release clause. We defo over paid for him. I'd say hes a £15-20m player tops

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah probably. I just picked that because it was Maguire's fee. 

You'd do well to get 40-50 in the current climate to be honest. 

I mean we can't afford that even so I don't mean to suggest we're going to sign him. But nobody is going for 80 right now. 

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Doubt it cuz he ain’t English. That’s why Maguire was as much as he was.

Don’t forget Jota was only £35m. 

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Good point on Jota though, was his contract running out or something because that is a very low fee for this market. 

Jota's fee was £45m in total. We sold him because he wasn't getting in the team due to patchy form. He's always been a streaky player. He plays best up front which we didn't have room for much in our formation. Plus I imagine he wanted to go to the current PL champions. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Thanks 1

I’d be ****ed off if I was a Southampton fan with almost every big tight decision going against them at the moment. I get why it’s given but I don’t want to see penalties given for that, much the same as the one we got against Wolves (I’m sure their fans won’t be crying foul this time round tho). That and they were absolutely dire after half time. They had no idea how to change it once Wolves changed it up

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I’d be ****ed off if I was a Southampton fan with almost every big tight decision going against them at the moment. I get why it’s given but I don’t want to see penalties given for that, much the same as the one we got against Wolves (I’m sure their fans won’t be crying foul this time round tho). That and they were absolutely dire after half time. They had no idea how to change it once Wolves changed it up

The Kilman one against you wouldn't be given now they've tweaked the rule. His arms weren't out but centrally up nearer his face. 

Edited by The Bear

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Come on its a nailed on pen. His arm was out from his body and it stopped a cross into the box. They get given 100% of the time nowadays. 

I actually think they've done a much better job of not giving them this year. Can't think of too many. Obviously the one we had against you springs to mind but both are ridiculously harsh imo. 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Come on its a nailed on pen. His arm was out from his body and it stopped a cross into the box. They get given 100% of the time nowadays. 

Remember plenty of wolves fans saying the one at the KP wasn’t a penalty and your players arm was much further out than Bertrands.

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Kikman one against you wouldn't be given now they tweaked the rule. His arms weren't out but nearer his face. 

They’d already tweaked the rule by then. But anyway idk where your face is but mine, and Max Kilman’s, most certainly isn’t there.77871AAB-6329-442B-AEEF-8CCE1DE1B0B0.thumb.jpeg.f6f98a1d8a935bfe95ca8a93312f1b76.jpeg

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

This baggies XI is class :ph34r:

Always be grateful to them for the 1-1 draw at the Spuds in 2015/16 - Craig Dawson is a legend