Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mourinho has a shelf life of 3 years. Klopp has one of 5-7 years. He spent 7 years each at Mainz and Dortmund. And he is into his 6th year at Liverpool.

As much as some hated him and as much as some like to make excuses, it really shows how genius Sir Alex Ferguson was. Reinventing and reinvigorated Man Utd over and over again.

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Can’t believe Klopp said we were lucky to win today. Start making comments like that about opposition teams when you should be looking at your own side instead and things usually take a down turn. 

I really wouldn’t mind seeing him leave, but at the same he is a fantastic manager, just think his ego has gotten too big as of late and he’s running out of ideas on how to transform this Liverpool side. Think he’ll see the season out and if he doesn’t get promised a big war chest in the summer then that may be that. 

He's a sore loser but most people with winning mentalities are imo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Always the bridesmaid never the bride. Won nothing 

I ain’t getting into some pseudo rivalry debate that some of our fans believe we have with spurs by taking cheap shots , but spurs have won far more than us, have a richer history, are far more wealthier and a bigger club than us.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I ain’t getting into some pseudo rivalry debate that some of our fans believe we have with spurs by taking cheap shots , but spurs have won far more than us, have a richer history, are far more wealthier and a bigger club than us.

And? I was clearly talking about recent years in which they've won nothing. Simple as that

• Like 1

Martinez saves Villas bacon big time today! That was so one sided for the most part. Brighton just can't seem to put the ball away but they create a hell of a lot of chances and play some good footy. How much is that brossard worth? Maybe Praet and Youre could have a quiet word in his ear next time they meet for Belgium :) Would be lovely to have him at Leicester.

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Martinez saves Villas bacon big time today! That was so one sided for the most part. Brighton just can't seem to put the ball away but they create a hell of a lot of chances and play some good footy. How much is that brossard worth? Maybe Praet and Youre could have a quiet word in his ear next time they meet for Belgium :) Would be lovely to have him at Leicester.

Thought the same about Trossard, think it would be a good fit

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

During the war Rodders..........

😂😂

43 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's a sore loser but most people with winning mentalities are imo

Exactly this. The people who are usually the greatest generally are bad losers or have a sort of arrogance about them. Klopp is a born winner, I've got no problem with that, but he's a miserable bastard and I don't like him nor how he is with the media or others, this was happening long before his mother sadly died.

I reckon he'll do another couple of seasons there then he'll have a couple of years away from football to recharge. They're just mentally and physically exhausted, they've been at the top (or near to the top) of their game for almost 3 seasons now, it's just not sustainable. He'll end up shipping out 2 or 3 players, replacing them with 2 or 3 others and then they'll go again, not sure if they'll be as successful as they have been again though, it's tough to be.

Arsene Wenger today, studio guest on BeinSports.

Referees need to get closer to understanding player behaviour.  The game is physical and not every touch should result in a free kick, referencing recent penalties where players have effectively conned referees.

VAR needs to mature (which he predicts will take another couple of years) to be used to recognise what a foul actually is.  Falling over when touched should not automatically be rewarded with a free kick/ penalty when contact wouldn’t naturally knock the player over.

Hallelujah.

PS - Jim Beglin, ex Liverpool, was the co-commentator today and he was excellent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Can’t believe Klopp said we were lucky to win today. Start making comments like that about opposition teams when you should be looking at your own side instead and things usually take a down turn. 

I really wouldn’t mind seeing him leave, but at the same he is a fantastic manager, just think his ego has gotten too big as of late and he’s running out of ideas on how to transform this Liverpool side. Think he’ll see the season out and if he doesn’t get promised a big war chest in the summer then that may be that. 

It seems he's find hard to accept his great side of the last couple of seasons is starting to come apart. Liverpool are getting found out alot this season, Milner who has been a great leader and normally someone who he can rely on his really starting to tire and probably edger closer to retirement, Salah despite scoring today has become very inconsistent and maybe I dunno maybe looking at wanting that fresh challenge at Real, that also goes for Mane. There back line super weak with Van Dijk and due to the recent errors of Alison there defence has become even more less confident. 

Despite all this, it's not exactly end of the world for Klopp or Liverpool, that's still potiental there and they've had darker periods... lets not forget the players they had under Hodgson. I think come the summer they probably need to look some the age of some players and maybe think have they already hit there best.  I mean do they consider cashing in Salah and using the funds to bring a Haaland or risk allowing Manchester United, Man City or Chelsea going in the market for him.

Edited by Leicesterpool

13 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

Arsene Wenger today, studio guest on BeinSports.

Referees need to get closer to understanding player behaviour.  The game is physical and not every touch should result in a free kick, referencing recent penalties where players have effectively conned referees.

VAR needs to mature (which he predicts will take another couple of years) to be used to recognise what a foul actually is.  Falling over when touched should not automatically be rewarded with a free kick/ penalty when contact wouldn’t naturally knock the player over.

Hallelujah.

PS - Jim Beglin, ex Liverpool, was the co-commentator today and he was excellent.

Always held Wenger in high regard but listening to him today on that show I thought he came across pretty poorly. Seemed to contradict himself quite a lot when giving his reasons for decisions then tried to make out that Arsenal were a selling club in the final years of his reign. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

He has acquired a number of new players since last season none of whom have made any impression at all for the money spent 

And who will Southgate pick when the Euros start?

Grealish with his 16 goal involvements? Maddison with his 12, Barnes with 11? 
Nag let’s play it safe and go with 3 goals and 3 assists Mason Mount. 
Amazing to see though 2 young Leicester midfielders leading the way for goals in the Premier League. It would be amazing if they could both get to 20 goal involvements each of the season.

• Sad 1