Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I have a question. Who decides the difference between a midfielder and a forward? I ask mainly because of the inclusion of Barnes and the absence of sterling.

It’s a good question, I suppose he is more classified as a forward due to the different role he plays at Man City. 
Barnes plays more as a winger, Sterling is more of a forward in a 3 man forward line. This would be my guess but honestly not 100% certain.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

It’s a good question, I suppose he is more classified as a forward due to the different role he plays at Man City. 
Barnes plays more as a winger, Sterling is more of a forward in a 3 man forward line. This would be my guess but honestly not 100% certain.

It's an odd one. I would class Barnes as a forward like Sterling or even Rashford. Antonio as well on that list, maybe Harrison too. It doesn't really matter those numbers are great whether for a forward or a midfielder. But with barnes it is worth keeping in mind he'll be fighting for a place against Sterling, Rashford and Sancho for England who aren't on that list 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I ain’t getting into some pseudo rivalry debate that some of our fans believe we have with spurs by taking cheap shots , but spurs have won far more than us, have a richer history, are far more wealthier and a bigger club than us.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

And? I was clearly talking about recent years in which they've won nothing. Simple as that

Spurs won the FA Cup 30 years ago.

Since then... two League Cups.

edit: Shouldn't forget the "We Put Some Pressure On Leicester For A Bit" trophy in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's an odd one. I would class Barnes as a forward like Sterling or even Rashford. Antonio as well on that list, maybe Harrison too. It doesn't really matter those numbers are great whether for a forward or a midfielder. But with barnes it is worth keeping in mind he'll be fighting for a place against Sterling, Rashford and Sancho for England who aren't on that list 

Good point, for the full picture of the top 10 English goal scorers regardless of position:

FCBF6E53-DBA3-4B43-8968-57F452EC3CF1.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Spurs won the FA Cup 30 years ago.

Since then... two League Cups.

edit: Shouldn't forget the "We Put Some Pressure On Leicester For A Bit and then still finished below Arsenal" trophy in 2016.

Just edited the full name of that 2016 trophy.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, OadbyBlue said:

I don’t think it’s true, but can imagine it would be very sweet for Brendan beating his replacement and triggering his exitlol

I don't think it is either although I can believe the rumours that he was pissed off by the lack of investment following their success last season.

Klopp odds on next manager to leave. Rumours of a transfer policy fall out, potentially being announced tomorrow.

*naturally this is all from Twitter but he does seem to have completely lost the plot to be fair...

• Like 1