Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Lamptey I like a lot. Martinez is quality. Ings will likely break quite frequently, but a good striker. 

Yeah I’m being slightly flippant and plucking names but I do wish we’d flex our muscles and say “we’re taking your best player”. I understand that the market for buying British based players is inflated but there must be one or two we could work on. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I’m being slightly flippant and plucking names but I do wish we’d flex our muscles and say “we’re taking your best player”. I understand that the market for buying British based players is inflated but there must be one or two we could work on. X 

We did it with Perez. :ph34r:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Southampton vs. Wolves, a game I can enjoy without being bothered who wins:D

I like Wolves, as my in-laws are from that part of the country, but Wolves are a hard watch. Top 3 the most boring sides in the league. Only Newcastle and Burnley are worse.

Southampton will pass around them but it'll end 1-0 Wolves or 2-1 Saints. 

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

:ph34r:

20210214_083440.jpg

At first surprised we have no candidates, despite being top 4 material. Then remembered that some of our best players (JJ, Fofana, Castagne, N'Didi) have missed chunks of the season through injury. Surely though, Barnes or Tielemans, could have been there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I like Wolves, as my in-laws are from that part of the country, but Wolves are a hard watch. Top 3 the most boring sides in the league. Only Newcastle and Burnley are worse.

Southampton will pass around them but it'll end 1-0 Wolves or 2-1 Saints. 

Or something in between? 😁

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

At first surprised we have no candidates, despite being top 4 material. Then remembered that some of our best players (JJ, Fofana, Castagne, N'Didi) have missed chunks of the season through injury. Surely though, Barnes or Tielemans, could have been there?

Not a bad thing that we get overlooked for this sort of thing. I think JJ would be best bet but as you say, he, and others have missed big chunks of the season.

Let's hope some of the above eventually do too 👀😬

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I really liked Klopp when he first turned up at Liverpool, he was  like a breath of fresh air, unfortunately now that fresh air has turned into a smelly rancid stink, forever moaning, using excuses and not giving the opposition credit he’s becoming the new Wenger.

I agree he’s not the same bloke but I wouldn’t underestimate the death of his mother and the inability to actually go home for a funeral etc making him a mess at present. He must be hurting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That would make sense if the behaviour hadn't been going on for a long time before his mother's death.

He’s got terrible lately compared to last season and earlier this. Even his appearance looks worse at the moment. He doesn’t look the same man. 

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

Evans and Schmeichel are good candidates too.

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That would make sense if the behaviour hadn't been going on for a long time before his mother's death.

It's something about being there, I reckon. Brendan started blathering on about smelling mince and putting names in envelopes and calling players the Welsh Xavi at Liverpool yet here he looks like he's having relaxed chats in pubs.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

I agree he’s not the same bloke but I wouldn’t underestimate the death of his mother and the inability to actually go home for a funeral etc making him a mess at present. He must be hurting. 

Whilst this is absolutely true, it does not explain or excuse his slow decent into Wengerism over the last few years. I quite like old Klipperty, but the whinging, whining and excuse making are becoming way beyond tedious. It’s like the victim mentality of scouseland has slowly infected him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It's something about being there, I reckon. Brendan started blathering on about smelling mince and putting names in envelopes and calling players the Welsh Xavi at Liverpool yet here he looks like he's having relaxed chats in pubs.

Definitely put names in envelopes, it was included in the documentary. Not sure about smelling mince, although I hope it’s true 😂 

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

:ph34r:

20210214_083440.jpg

Not really surprised by that, I feel like we're a team whereas others (except Man City) seem to rely on individuals to get them out of trouble. Liverpool rely on Salah, Spurs rely on Kane and Son, Soucek has been scoring for fun for WHU and Fernandes has been unreal for United for over 12 months now. Our best players this season have probably been Maddison, Barnes, Justin and Tielemans, so you could argue one of them should be in there, but their individual stats aren't up there with the rest of those players

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I really liked Klopp when he first turned up at Liverpool, he was  like a breath of fresh air, unfortunately now that fresh air has turned into a smelly rancid stink, forever moaning, using excuses and not giving the opposition credit he’s becoming the new Wenger.

I think he has Cluster B traits. All fine (or so it appears) when everything is going his way but the real personality shows when not. Blame shifting, inability to take criticism, putting others down to make himself feel better. Even if the death of his mother is something to do with it, grief shouldn’t come out like that.