Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Toney scored for Brentford, making him joint highest goalscorer alongside Glenn Murray since it became the Championship.

I'd like to see a record of goalscroers of all time at that level. Tony is on 30 isn't he now? I bet that's not far off the highest of all time at that level. Obviously players in the past have got 35+ but I don't know how many. You take Rowley for example, who played for us, according to wiki he only got more than 35 goals 4 times (and 3 of them I think were in the second tier as he was further down with Shrewsbury). 30 goals is unreal. 

Have a word with KDH and Luton. It’s ok, you’re safe from going down. No need to go for it :thumbup:

The Wednesday in a relegation scrap against an East Midlands team in the Championship...having flashbacks from THAT 07/08 season again. Id settle for a similar score line again mind you :P

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Toney scored for Brentford, making him joint highest goalscorer alongside Glenn Murray since it became the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd like to see a record of goalscroers of all time at that level. Tony is on 30 isn't he now? I bet that's not far off the highest of all time at that level. Obviously players in the past have got 35+ but I don't know how many. You take Rowley for example, who played for us, according to wiki he only got more than 35 goals 4 times (and 3 of them I think were in the second tier as he was further down with Shrewsbury). 30 goals is unreal. 

I've just checked and since 1992-93, when the first division was replaced by the PL, only 4 players (including Tony) have scored 30+.

Would love to see every season prior to 92-93 too.

Rotherham just need to win either of their last two games and hope Derby lose to stay up, but both are away and can see them losing both. 

I think Derby will beat Sheff Wed and stay up. 

Edited by The Bear

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've just checked and since 1992-93, when the first division was replaced by the PL, only 4 players (including Tony) have scored 30+.

Would love to see every season prior to 92-93 too.

Who were the other two players (presumably Glenn Murray is one)?

Last time Sheffield Wednesday was in a last game scrap for survival was sometime in early 2010s. Similar to next week, they had a last game against direct rivals in Crystal Palace. They went down eventually.

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Who were the other two players (presumably Glenn Murray is one)?

Yeah, Murray was the last one. Before that Lee Hughes when he was at WBA and Guy Whittingham got 40+ for Portsmouth one season!

• Thanks 1

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Was that the year we beat them in the play-offs? 

Yes.

He got 42 that season, I think Toney’s is the joint highest total since then. Which goes to show a) what an amazing achievement that is from Toney and b) what an incredible season Whittingham had.

12 hours ago, ttfn said:

Yes.

He got 42 that season, I think Toney’s is the joint highest total since then. Which goes to show a) what an amazing achievement that is from Toney and b) what an incredible season Whittingham had.

No, it's highest since Murray when he was at Palace nearly a decade ago.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So basically next week derby v Wednesday loser goes down?

Yeah. Unless Rotherham win both their games, as they have a game in hand on Tuesday, and then both Derby and Wednesday would go down.

Realistically I cannot see Rotherham winning at Luton or Cardiff so I would say both them and Wycombe have gone and 22nd is between Derby and Wednesday.

Guest ttfn
9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No, it's highest since Murray when he was at Palace nearly a decade ago.

He scored 30? Toney has 31...

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah. Unless Rotherham win both their games, as they have a game in hand on Tuesday, and then both Derby and Wednesday would go down.

Realistically I cannot see Rotherham winning at Luton or Cardiff so I would say both them and Wycombe have gone and 22nd is between Derby and Wednesday.

Wow that’s going to be pretty intense. Shame that Wycombe didn’t pick up some results earlier on in the season. I believe they have been doing ok recently. Will the derby game be on TV?

Just now, ttfn said:

He scored 30? Toney has 31...

Oh sorry, yeah, see what you're saying now lol 

Lee Hughes got 31 at WBA but Toney will probably end up with more than that given they've got Bristol City next/last game of the domestic season.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wow that’s going to be pretty intense. Shame that Wycombe didn’t pick up some results earlier on in the season. I believe they have been doing ok recently. Will the derby game be on TV?

I wanted Wycombe to stay up mainly for their fans who have missed this level of football for the first time. I'd imagine Derby being on tv, yeah, both them and Wednesday were on yesterday.

I wanted Rotherham to stay up too but realistically it was always tough for both of them. They have the smallest budgets in the division.

Edited by Fox92

Guest ttfn
Just now, Fox92 said:

Oh sorry, yeah, see what you're saying now lol 

Lee Hughes got 31 at WBA but Toney will probably end up with more than that given they've got Bristol City next/last game of the domestic season.

I just checked it looks like Toney only has 30 anyway. But yes you’re right Lee Hughes had 31.

Its a great achievement from Toney but I am surprised at how few players seem to get 30+ in a 46 game championship season. 

Just now, ttfn said:

I just checked it looks like Toney only has 30 anyway. But yes you’re right Lee Hughes had 31.

Its a great achievement from Toney but I am surprised at how few players seem to get 30+ in a 46 game championship season. 

Yeah, that's why I looked into it yesterday and posted about those 4 only scoring 30+ in the last 28 years. I'd like to see a record of all time since the football league began. 30+ is some going, absolute great achievement.