Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

15 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Still think Derby will stay up. I just can't see Rotherham picking up the points and I don't trust Wednesday to beat Forest. 

They won't need to beat Forest necessarily. If Rotherham keep losing and Swansea beat Derby, Wednesday only need a point against Forest to then mean Derby v Wednesday is a survival shootout

24 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Swansea with the most pointless kit change. It’s barely different to their home strip. 

It's difficult to notice the difference, too. They should be playing in a dark kit.

16 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Yes Barnsley! Now win the play offs and get promoted :appl:

Hope they sort out their pitch and play less hoofball. Would love to have them in the PL.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 09:42, TJB-fox said:

NP is still very well thought of with a lot of ‘sensible’ Bristol city fans. A small section of their support had been wanting him in for a long time and won’t turn their back on him. The squad is horrendous and I fully expect to see him given time to show what he can do there. There was obviously displeasure at last nights result in particular but Bristol city fans on the whole appreciate what a big job it is there

On 22/04/2021 at 09:44, Fox92 said:

Bristol City's squad needs a massive change though. It'll be a tough job whoever comes in. Got some players to shift.

Lets not forget when he first come back here it wasn't exactly plain sailing. We lost games against Barnsley, Doncaster, Millwall etc. We needed a rebuild which he provided us. Bristol City need a rebuild, whether that be Pearson or not.

How much money do Bristol Sport have? 

He's gonna need a bigger boat. 

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's gonna get the sack at this rate. Bristol City fans I see do think the players are a lot more at fault than he is but if this is an audition then I don't think he'll be staying on.

He's only there until the end of the season, isn't he?

They may just not keep him on. Clearly no manager has got a tune out of them for months.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's only there until the end of the season, isn't he?

They may just not keep him on. Clearly no manager has got a tune out of them for months.

I'm a bit torn. I feel like if they were expecting him to turn this season around and were going to let him go at the end if he didn't, then it was a completely pointless move in the first place. That said they've been even worse under him than Holden. If there were another 10 games they would go down. I'm confident if they stuck with him he'd turn things around.

Their fans are more supportive of him than I thought they would be after this form.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm a bit torn. I feel like if they were expecting him to turn this season around and were going to let him go at the end if he didn't, then it was a completely pointless move in the first place. That said they've been even worse under him than Holden. If there were another 10 games they would go down. I'm confident if they stuck with him he'd turn things around.

Their fans are more supportive of him than I thought they would be after this form.

It will be interesting to see what happens here as the squad is absolutely awful, too many players coming to the end of their contracts and it would seem impossible to motivate and a ridiculous injury list that they've had all season. 

However it is disappointing that Pearson seems to have made them even worse than a manager in Holden who pretty much everyone agreed was a competition winner. 

As much as I hate to say this, and I am a huge Pearson fan and was really excited when he got this job, but I actually think he might be finished. Frankly taking off my blue tinted spectacles he has done pretty much the square root of **** all since he left us and that is many years ago now. Disappointing to say the least. 

He went into Watford, a seemingly lost cause, and got an immediate reaction then it tailed off (we don't know how big a factor the suspension and break from the season was). This time he's had little reaction and it hasn't improved.

Just saw those stats from Barnsley v Rotherham...220 passes completed in the whole match at 41% accuracy. So significantly more often than not when the ball was passed possession was lost.

Absolutely incredible at that level of football.

For reference, in our game against West Brom, one they barely featured in, West Brom still managed 162 passes on their own. And we completed 345 in the first half...

Championship is usually really tight going in to the final day of the season. I can't remember a time when all the play-off spots were sorted, either going up in to the autos or falling out to any other chasers.

All 4 teams done yet only 1 points separating the 4.

image.thumb.png.cbf82fc28f7ff6ce7f23dbb9

Barnsley showing ridiculous form! Only lost twice since mid-Jan when they were in 12th. Like the reverse of our 12/13 season.

Fully backing them for the play-offs. Would be great for them to get promoted against all odds given some of the clubs they've beaten to that play-off spot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

Just saw those stats from Barnsley v Rotherham...220 passes completed in the whole match at 41% accuracy. So significantly more often than not when the ball was passed possession was lost.

Absolutely incredible at that level of football.

For reference, in our game against West Brom, one they barely featured in, West Brom still managed 162 passes on their own. And we completed 345 in the first half...

Unreal stats. 

Lots of teams down there play percentage football because they can't string 3 successful passes together. Derby had 54% pass accuracy over the weekend. Many of these players earn 10, 20, 30k a week and they lose possession for fun. This is why I defend Bielsa a lot. He took a bunch of no hopers and cloggers into the PL by actually coaching them and improving them. Liam Cooper said without Bielsa he'd still be playing Championship/League One football.  

Edited by Koke

On 25/04/2021 at 13:54, Fox in the North said:

Yes Barnsley! Now win the play offs and get promoted :appl:

After being at the club for five years I finished last week to take a role outside of football, what a time to go :facepalm:lol.

The manager has done an unbelievable job since coming in, teams struggle to cope against the direct style of play, and the high press out of possession. On paper the players aren't individual stars but together and in this system they are doing something relatively special for the club.