Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

It's a tricky one because if Rotherham win midweek, that virtually relegates Wednesday meaning Derby in theory have a better chance against them.

Then again, Derby's run of form is so bad it's barely believable. Game after game against sides with nothing to play for and they keep going ahead and losing. It'd be easily one of the most pathetic relegations I can remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinman said:

Personally, I think going from Wembley to the verge of relegation in two seasons is quite impressive.

Up the Rams

League One is becoming a sticking point for big sides. Mad that you or Wednesday are gonna be joining Ipswich, Bolton (probably), two or maybe all of Charlton/Portsmouth/Sunderland in the third tier.

Need to get out of there as quick as you fall in like we did and like Hull have this season otherwise you rot and end up their for years like Ipswich and Sunderland.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

On 01/05/2021 at 17:04, Corky said:

Wycombe not mathematically relegated until the last game. That is a hell of an effort with their resources.

Yes. Don't forget Wycombe lost their first seven games of the season!

And they only won 3 of their first 27 games.

10 games ago they were 12 points from safety.

One hell of an effort with that budget :appl:

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's a tricky one because if Rotherham win midweek, that virtually relegates Wednesday meaning Derby in theory have a better chance against them.

If Rotherham win in the week, let's say by a single goal, they'll move out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

But they could lose by 3-4 on the final day and Sheff Wed might win by 3-4 at Derby to keep the Owls up.

Amazingly, the bottom four could all finish on the same points and goal difference would decide it.

If that happens, Derby would go down with Wycombe and then it's GD between Rotherham and Sheff Wed.

Goals scored might even keep Wednesday up at Rotherham's expense.

• Like 1

Credit to Wycombe rightfully so. Also great credit to Rotherham. Small budget as well. Their highest earner is on 8k apparently. It'd be monumental if they stay up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

May turn quite toxic outside pride park on Saturday. Can imagine a few derby fans gathering outside the ground along with a few Wednesday fans who will make the short trip down. 

Jumping on the Man Utd bandwagon??? Good let it turn sour and toxic for them. Rot in the lower leagues Derby.

that’s “the Derby way”

On 02/05/2021 at 17:03, Tinman said:

Personally, I think going from Wembley to the verge of relegation in two seasons is quite impressive.

Up the Rams

What did you think of the appointment of Rooney as manager? I just never saw him as manager material.

10 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

What did you think of the appointment of Rooney as manager? I just never saw him as manager material.

It was the classic interim manager bounce. It will be interesting to see if they stick or twist depending on what happens this week. 

16 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

There were better qualified people to do the job but typically the pundits didn't champion others because of Rooney's name and nationality. Had it been a foreign manager they'd have kicked off like they usually do about someone not knowing the league.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

There were better qualified people to do the job but typically the pundits didn't champion others because of Rooney's name and nationality. Had it been a foreign manager they'd have kicked off like they usually do about someone not knowing the league.

Seems like there's a trend of offering recently-retired big name players with no coaching experience manager roles at big clubs. Can't really see the reasoning behind it.

Do pundits have that much influence over these decisions? If I owned a club, I'd like to think I'd trust my own judgement over what the media was saying.

Rooney just doesn't seem that bright to me, really. Can't imagine he'd be able to tactically out-think an opponent or inspire a team who's down at half time. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I just can't see him making a name for himself as a manager.

On 02/05/2021 at 19:15, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes. Don't forget Wycombe lost their first seven games of the season!

And they only won 3 of their first 27 games.

10 games ago they were 12 points from safety.

One hell of an effort with that budget :appl:

If Rotherham win in the week, let's say by a single goal, they'll move out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

But they could lose by 3-4 on the final day and Sheff Wed might win by 3-4 at Derby to keep the Owls up.

Amazingly, the bottom four could all finish on the same points and goal difference would decide it.

If that happens, Derby would go down with Wycombe and then it's GD between Rotherham and Sheff Wed.

Goals scored might even keep Wednesday up at Rotherham's expense.

So, who do we cheer for tonight?? 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Derby will still stay up I reckon. 

Yesterday's draw leaves it wide open.

If Rotherham win, they are safe unless Derby also win.

If Rotherham fail to win they are down, however, Sheff Wed could then save themselves with a win.

Derby need to win to be sure, a draw will mean relying on Rotherham, and a loss would be relegation.

Games don't get much bigger in a final day match than Derby vs Sheff Wed.

Can't see Derby going personally but would love it if they did, they'd be in big bother. Maybe they'd finally take down the banner in their south stand that says "The East Midlands have always been black and white". OK lads. 

Credit to Wycombe and Rotherham for both taking it to the last day as well. 

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can't see Derby going personally but would love it if they did, they'd be in big bother. Maybe they'd finally take down the banner in their south stand that says "The East Midlands have always been black and white". OK lads. 

Credit to Wycombe and Rotherham for both taking it to the last day as well. 

Such a verbose, yucky way of phrasing that sentiment on a banner too. Just put "East Midlands' Number One" or "Pride of the East Mids" like a normal fvcking fanbase would.

• Haha 3