Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Rotherham are hopeless, fortunately for Rooney's Derby. 

They've lost quite a few in a row, I think.

What a psychological blow it's surely having on the players, especially as they've gained nothing at all in the games in hand.

Just now, goody2028 said:

Not yet. Not seen the run in but I wouldn’t be feeling 100% safe if I was a derby fan at the minute with the Rotherham game in hand. 

Derby away at Swansea, home to Sheff Weds

Rotherham at home to Blackburn, away to Luton, away to Cardiff.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, goody2028 said:

Not yet. Not seen the run in but I wouldn’t be feeling 100% safe if I was a derby fan at the minute with the Rotherham game in hand. 

Rotherham aren't gonna win another game this season. They're gone. 

16 hours ago, Koke said:

Rotherham aren't gonna win another game this season. They're gone. 

Yep. No matter what they do they fall slightly short. It's never a hammering, it's just an agonising 1-0 or 2-1 every time. No reason that'll change from now on. Derby will spawn survival.

On 24/04/2021 at 12:42, The Horse's Mouth said:

Watford and Norwich ****ing hell

On 25/04/2021 at 00:58, Dan LCFC said:

We all know it'll be Bournemouth.

This immediate yo-yoing is no surprise.  In the current environment, parachute payments are financial steroids.  Something like £40M (first year) per relegated club?

An average Champo club (Forest) won’t hit £25M in turnover this season.  So a just-relegated club starts with 2½ times the gross of the other clubs, with a backstop of two more years of payments.  Go back up and grab another £100M in PL TV cash, go back down and grab that golden parachute.  

The exceptions are clubs that waste them on squads full of cloggers on PL wages (Ellis Short SAFC).  Or with an owner that pockets them (Stu Donald SAFC).  But if you’re just averagely run, it should be rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This immediate yo-yoing is no surprise.  In the current environment, parachute payments are financial steroids.  Something like £40M (first year) per relegated club?

An average Champo club (Forest) won’t hit £25M in turnover this season.  So a just-relegated club starts with 2½ times the gross of the other clubs, with a backstop of two more years of payments.  Go back up and grab another £100M in PL TV cash, go back down and grab that golden parachute.  

The exceptions are clubs that waste them on squads full of cloggers on PL wages (Ellis Short SAFC).  Or with an owner that pockets them (Stu Donald SAFC).  But if you’re just averagely run, it should be rinse and repeat.

Yep, it's too big a reward for failure, it's why Fulham & WBA will likely come back up as well. Sheffield United I think may not. Brentford are going to crack it eventually. It's getting harder to come up.

It's mad that it's quite likely to think 2021/22 is going to be 2019/20 but with Leeds in for Sheffield United, and it's a little dull.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep, it's too big a reward for failure, it's why Fulham & WBA will likely come back up as well. Sheffield United I think may not. Brentford are going to crack it eventually. It's getting harder to come up.

It's mad that it's quite likely to think 2021/22 is going to be 2019/20 but with Leeds in for Sheffield United, and it's a little dull.

Apparently it’s not actually been done that often but guess the more money the relegated sides get the bigger their advantage will be .

Not that it showed in our case till about February!

On 28/04/2021 at 14:21, Cardiff_Fox said:

Been reported that Derby players will miss their wages again this week...

How long before we can refer to them as 'crisis club' Derby?

On 30/04/2021 at 11:48, BenTheFox said:

It's weird, I'm not finding myself begging for Derby to go down. I've always seen them as a minor irritant more than an out and out rival. If I was a few years older and got to see the games in the 90s then I'd probably feel differently. 

Yeah I'm totally indifferent to Derby.

I actually kind of want Sheffield Wednesday to go down. It'd be their third stint in League One in 15 years. Hopefully this "big club Wednesday" tag will die for good.