Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

Just now, StanSP said:

I think he meant to do it. Clear red if you're giving the foul.

Only he will know but looked accidental, to me he’s looked seen he won’t get there and just gone for the closing pressure  

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

He definitely meant to foul him, but don't think he meant to catch him on his Achilles. 

I think the Brentford player stops running to try and block the Swansea player getting to the ball and let the ball run out of play. The Swansea guy doesn’t anticipate it and accidentally stands on his heel. Looks horrendous in slow motion but nothing more than a foul for me. What happened wasn’t intentional

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think the Brentford player stops running to try and block the Swansea player getting to the ball and let the ball run out of play. The Swansea guy doesn’t anticipate it and accidentally stands on his heel. Looks horrendous in slow motion but nothing more than a foul for me. What happened wasn’t intentional

I don't know, will have to see it again but from the angle I saw it looked like the Swansea player changed direction to catch the Brentford player. 

I've just reflected on how pleasant it is that we are in here commenting about this game in relaxed and fairly detached fashion, rather than yet another game which directly affects Leicester and which makes our hearts beat in our chests as we criticise the officials and spit out our anxieties.

:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know, will have to see it again but from the angle I saw it looked like the Swansea player changed direction to catch the Brentford player. 

The other thing I will say is that we don’t know what the referee has seen from his perspective. He may have missed the first contact and thought the Swansea player has dived two footed through the back of the Brentford player rather than slipped into it. I can see it both ways personally. It’s a tough one to call.