Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dooflip

Reduced fans/season tickets

Not sure if anything has been put out, I don’t seem to get any kind of Correspondence or Info from the club even though I’ve made sure they have my correct context details many times so I would know if there was.

i just wondered if anybody was in the know on seasons tickets, and the situation with reduced fans and how that’s likely to work? How will the club decide which fans are allowed to attend etc?

seems like however they do it, it won’t be fair and many will be left unhappy.

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’s almost like we need some kind of priority points system where the more years you’ve had a season ticket and the more times you’ve spent time and money following the team away from home, the higher your priority will be for a reduced capacity stadium.... :thumbup:

I’m all for this as long as it means I’m included

if it doesn’t - I’m dead against it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53556072 

Doesn't sound too good.

Like it says in the article unless there is a mass vaccination in the near future I can't see anything like a full attendance in the ground for next season.

I've had my first February gig at Rock City kicked back to December 2021 this morning.

I wanted us to qualify for the Champions League just for the status of it all, the income it would bring to the club and to avoid to feeling of the season going Spursy.

CL or EL, home or away.  I'm expecting an experience nothing like 2016/17.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’s almost like we need some kind of priority points system where the more years you’ve had a season ticket and the more times you’ve spent time and money following the team away from home, the higher your priority will be for a reduced capacity stadium.... :thumbup:

I have been told by a mate who works for Sheff United ticket dept that he thinks all

clubs will follow the same process they are developing 

Which will simple be done on a rotating seats that are allowed in stadium 

a simple computer program will allocate us our seats for certain games 

the rotation will ensure all holders get a chance to attend and ensure clubs keep the fan base entact  and they can then enforce social distancing 

Edited by LinekersLugs

12 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I have been told by a mate who works for Sheff United ticket dept that he thinks all

clubs will follow the same process they are developing 

Which will simple be done on a rotating seats that are allowed in stadium 

a simple computer program will allocate us our seats for certain games 

the rotation will ensure all holders get a chance to attend and ensure clubs keep the fan base entact  and they can then enforce social distancing 

Problem with that is people sit together so Father/Mother + Son/Daughter  so you're not going to get the son/daughter going on their own. I sit with my son who'd go on his own but I doubt I'd be going anytime soon unless there was a massive improvement in the spread of this virus.

Assuming I've understood what you're  saying.

Think a lot will be determined from the pilot events. 

I know it's smaller ground, but the cricket at The Oval at the weekend was deemed a success. Alternate rows and spaces between people in the crowd. Purely depends on what will be allowed from October i.e. Percentage of people in a venue/stadium and what the conditions are should restrictions be imposed again later in the season because that may affect the price paid. 

I guess the club may adopt a reduced ST price for this season to take up but with the caveat that if you choose not to 'buy' a season ticket this season, you don't lose it and don't lose the points/priority you've gained over the years. That would be the most sensible option. No one should be obliged to do it with the ultimatum that if they don't, due to their own safety concerns or comfortability, they will lose their ST and have to go back on the waiting list. 

If we are following what some of the lower league clubs are putting into place away tickets priority will not be taken into consideration, season tickets will be available with a streaming pass which will be used until the grounds are opened., When the ground is opened up at a reduced capacity there will be a priority system based upon number of years held, this is then fed down a bit like the away ticket system the more years the more the chance you have.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Problem with that is people sit together so Father/Mother + Son/Daughter  so you're not going to get the son/daughter going on their own. I sit with my son who'd go on his own but I doubt I'd be going anytime soon unless there was a massive improvement in the spread of this virus.

Your season ticket already takes your relationship into account.  have a look at your online account.

I suspect that seats will be allocated taking into account family groups that dont need to socially distance, and so capacities could well be above the 30% talked about, but not by much.

In simple terms to socially distance you'd need to leave a gap, so 1 seat in 3 would seem reasonable but a family group of say 4, all in the same household, wouldnt need 12 seats.  They could probably be appropriately distanced with 8 seats.

So I would expect that somewhere between 30% and 50% would be reasonable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Your season ticket already takes your relationship into account.  have a look at your online account.

I suspect that seats will be allocated taking into account family groups that dont need to socially distance, and so capacities could well be above the 30% talked about, but not by much.

In simple terms to socially distance you'd need to leave a gap, so 1 seat in 3 would seem reasonable but a family group of say 4, all in the same household, wouldnt need 12 seats.  They could probably be appropriately distanced with 8 seats.

So I would expect that somewhere between 30% and 50% would be reasonable.

What happens if you need to go toilet, does the whole row get up to let you out?

1 hour ago, davieG said:

They will block those on same payment process , if your paying individually and not from the one direct debit you won’t be guaranteed 

but I have 5 ST’s on my direct debit so if we were at bramwell lane then we would get to go to a game with all 5 seats 

he said it works our everyone should Get 6-9 games depending on ground configuration 

no away fans seems to be a give for the whole of next season 

Edited by LinekersLugs

12 hours ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want to go back to games under these circumstances? I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years and I very rarely miss a home game (generally less than 1 per season). But football is going to be very different when we first go back. I'm working on the following assumptions:

1. Attendance restricted to ~25%
  2. No away fans
  3. No gathering in concourses
  4. Socially distanced seating
  5. No guarantee that you will get tickets to the same games as your friends/family
  6. No singing/shouting (no-one has mentioned this yet but both of these are known to increase the spread of droplets in a scary manner)

All of these points combined would make the experience of attending a game almost worthless for me. If games continue to be broadcast then I'd rather watch the game with my friends over a couple of beers.

Couldn't agree more.

I doubt if the fans will be allowed back into the stadium even with reduced numbers this year. The Club surely will priority to existing season ticket holders (24K) but how it will work, God knows. Given what has gone in the Leicester area, two lockdowns and the virus still prevalent it would be madness to allow any significant numbers to congregate.