Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dooflip

Reduced fans/season tickets

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think if it’s 40% capacity which will work out to around 12,000 then season ticket holders get priority and you’ll get it split evenly as to which games you can go. The club will go the right way about it I’m sure. At the end of the day, we’ll have to abide by what they say. 

Talking of this, have there been any FCC meetings throughout COVID, virtually or not? Or any fan consultation/input in to what will happen going forward?

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I think if it’s 40% capacity which will work out to around 12,000 then season ticket holders get priority and you’ll get it split evenly as to which games you can go. The club will go the right way about it I’m sure. At the end of the day, we’ll have to abide by what they say. 

That doesn’t help fans like me I can’t go until it’s completely safe how do I as a long standing ST  holder get to view games unless they have some sort of streaming options?

On 29/07/2020 at 10:52, Ashley said:

Itll be pro rata surely. 

Like i said in another thread believe it, dont believe it. 

The FA are hoping for a 22k crowd at Wembley for one of England Internationals in October. However thats 22k split over 4 stands over 3 tiers. A lot easier than majority of Premier League clubs can do. 

Also Dubios versus Joyce in October at the 02 is expected to sell out 18k tickets and theyre on sale now. - What's the difference from this and a game of Football especially with the under card not that many watch undercard fights. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-wales-fans-wembley-friendly-22440105?fbclid=IwAR1kPPaQp03VHm43O6-bgb5ZFmUtC65Qrm3fQTLWIsBjxeuDZF4cf0JL7LI

The commonsense approach would be to follow the Government guidelines. Yes we all want to SEE Leicester City play and win but at what personal health risk?

The Club have been extremely fair over refunds and I expect they will be next season whenever the details are announced.

It's going to be a long time before fans are allowed in.

Fans will not be allowed to attend the pilot sports events scheduled for this weekend in England after a spike in coronavirus cases, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said.

Spectators were due to watch the first two days of two county cricket matches, while 250 fans were at the World Snooker Championship when it started on Friday.

It was also hoped to permit 4,000 racegoers at Goodwood on Saturday.

The new restrictions on fans will be enforced until at least 15 August.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53610375

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53605863

The Premier League is looking at "clinical passports" to help get fans back into stadiums to watch matches, says chief executive Richard Masters.

The English top flight restarted in June and completed the 2019-20 season without supporters because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Masters, writing in The Times, said the Premier League was "willing to see how we can support the development of 'clinical passports' - an app-based system that looks at all symptoms and other Covid-19 contributing factors".

The 2020-21 season is scheduled to start on 12 September.

Professor James Calder - who has chaired the cross-sport working group with government and health officials on the return to sport - recently told BBC Sport that sports events are highly unlikely to have full capacity crowds this year.

He added that the whole of the next football season in England could be played in front of reduced capacities and crowd sizes could be further impacted if chanting is proven to heighten transmission risk.

Masters said the Premier League had a club working group liaising with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority and medical experts looking at "practical solutions" for the return of supporters.

He added a "wide-ranging fan consultation" was also taking place and their attendance at games would help provide a "boost to the whole game's economic viability in these challenging times".

"We are prepared to help lead football through trials of what is possible, investing in technology and best-practice steps to reduce risk and make the return of fans to grounds viable," said Masters.

"Test and trace will provide crucial support for getting fans back into the stands. We will urge supporters to be responsible and engage with this programme, helping to make football environments as safe as possible.

"We are considering all areas of a match day, from ticketing solutions, stadium seating allocation configuration and timed entries, to temperature checks and an in-seat food and drink service for fans.

"We will work with local authorities and clubs to seek solutions to local transport challenges such as introducing additional car parking and secure bicycle spaces and implementing park-and-walk schemes."

They should just allow all  3pm KOs (none BT/Sky/Prime games) to be streamed with access via your ST number, then as fans are allowed back in for those that go to games their access to online would be cancelled.

I'd happily pay the 'normal' price for a ST which was streamed/attendance optioned.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

It's going to be a long time before fans are allowed in.

Not sure really, we're still two months away from fans in football stadia.

Stopping 2k people going into a 25k ground is over the top.

It'll never happen because it's too complicated, especially with money, but minds well cancel next season and start the season after in August 2021 (surely it'll all be sound by then). 

On 28/07/2020 at 19:44, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want to go back to games under these circumstances? I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years and I very rarely miss a home game (generally less than 1 per season). But football is going to be very different when we first go back. I'm working on the following assumptions:

1. Attendance restricted to ~25%
  2. No away fans
  3. No gathering in concourses
  4. Socially distanced seating
  5. No guarantee that you will get tickets to the same games as your friends/family
  6. No singing/shouting (no-one has mentioned this yet but both of these are known to increase the spread of droplets in a scary manner)

All of these points combined would make the experience of attending a game almost worthless for me. If games continue to be broadcast then I'd rather watch the game with my friends over a couple of beers.

iM nOt GoIn ThE fOoTy iF aH cAnT sInG aN cHaNt aT dA aWaY fAnZzzzzzzz

Noticed that my membership is usually renewed around now....will it be and at it's usual rate if there's the likelyhood that it won't be as beneficial / relevant as usual?

Maybe clubs could give season ticket holders and members access to view all games online for a / the fee instead. Yes I have heard of streams. Of course Sky and BT will object but we can point to what an inferior product it will be without the dramatic tones of Tyler, the big club hyping, the Hoddle / Kane bromance and Carragher going "Aeeer Leshteh" like it's something he's stepped in. 

Could see them opening perhaps East stand with a one in three capacity of it. Around 3000 fans, one stand to clean, away from squad / benches, toilets still like a cattleshed but with filbert and Birch walking pitch side hosing us down with sanitiser all will be ok. Ish.

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It'll never happen because it's too complicated, especially with money, but minds well cancel next season and start the season after in August 2021 (surely it'll all be sound by then). 

How will it be gone in 2021? The whole world and this ludicrous lock up policy is based on finding a vaccine which may never be found. It might never be gone. That's the reality. We need to learn to live with it protecting those that need to be protected. 

If we pause the world indefinitely, there are going to be bigger problems for those under 40s whose present and future livelyhoods have been destroyed. Economically the entire World is screwed bar maybe ironically China.

6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

How will it be gone in 2021? The whole world and this ludicrous lock up policy is based on finding a vaccine which may never be found. It might never be gone. That's the reality. We need to learn to live with it protecting those that need to be protected. 

If we pause the world indefinitely, there are going to be bigger problems for those under 40s whose present and future livelyhoods have been destroyed. Economically the entire World is screwed bar maybe ironically China.

Being under 40 does not make you immune from the virus, dying from the virus or worse spreading the virus.

Like you say its feasible a vaccine may never be found and lets be honest a vaccine isnt a cure despite what some think.

Its possible that capacity crowds at sporting events and concerts may not return for many years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I'm no scientist so I dunno. But we won't be living like this in a years time, it's not feasible. 

There have been reports of good progress of a vaccine recently.

4 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Being under 40 does not make you immune from the virus, dying from the virus or worse spreading the virus.

Like you say its feasible a vaccine may never be found and lets be honest a vaccine isnt a cure despite what some think.

Its possible that capacity crowds at sporting events and concerts may not return for many years.

It makes it a lot less likely. The last time I saw the figures 1500ish under 45s had died in a nation of 60million, that's a very low percentage. I expect in an average year more than that die from flu and other viruses.

I personally think we just have to learn to live with it. We may just have to continue to isolate the elderly and those know to be vulnerable (or they can take their own risk if they wish). The economic destruction caused by not living as normal means some things are likely to be gone forever. This is not good for the mental health of the young. They might be alive but no job, no home, no life outside of home, a lifetime of repaying government debt for a blanket lockdown policy that hasn't worked, massively increased benefits payments forever, it's not a particularly bright future. The only way lockdown will ever work is if its strictly enforced noone except real key workers allowed out for 1 month. Food parcels delivered by the army. If anything when we do eventually mix, our immune systems will be weaker as we have not be exposed to anything for months/years and there will probably be a spate of deaths as a result. 

53 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm no scientist so I dunno. But we won't be living like this in a years time, it's not feasible. 

There have been reports of good progress of a vaccine recently.

It's not. Its likely the vaccine may not work. Theres been talk of cures for cancer for years but it still kills a lot. 

You are right we cant live like this in a years time, I am not sure we should be living like it now either. The advocates for lock away policy are going to struggle with saying lock down hide away for the next year, then next July when there is still no vaccine - let's go back to normal- except normal is gone! No jobs, no money, no pubs, no resturaunts, hotels, cinemas, gyms, pools, small sports clubs gone, possibly some big ones too. World ain't gonna be a whole lot if fun. Unless the government can come up with some free money (that never needs to be repaid) to pay for everything and everyone to pause for a few years whilst we all hide then we got to just get on with it.

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It makes it a lot less likely. The last time I saw the figures 1500ish under 45s had died in a nation of 60million, that's a very low percentage. I expect in an average year more than that die from flu and other viruses.

I personally think we just have to learn to live with it. We may just have to continue to isolate the elderly and those know to be vulnerable (or they can take their own risk if they wish). The economic destruction caused by not living as normal means some things are likely to be gone forever. This is not good for the mental health of the young. They might be alive but no job, no home, no life outside of home, a lifetime of repaying government debt for a blanket lockdown policy that hasn't worked, massively increased benefits payments forever, it's not a particularly bright future. The only way lockdown will ever work is if its strictly enforced noone except real key workers allowed out for 1 month. Food parcels delivered by the army. If anything when we do eventually mix, our immune systems will be weaker as we have not be exposed to anything for months/years and there will probably be a spate of deaths as a result. 

We are learning to live with it; masks and distancing are just 2 of the ways brought in to get back to a more normal life. Local authorities closing regions down to prevent spread is just another. 

You make a reference to poor mental health of young people, with disregard for that of older people and those who are at higher risk. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It's not. Its likely the vaccine may not work. Theres been talk of cures for cancer for years but it still kills a lot. 

You are right we cant live like this in a years time, I am not sure we should be living like it now either. The advocates for lock away policy are going to struggle with saying lock down hide away for the next year, then next July when there is still no vaccine - let's go back to normal- except normal is gone! No jobs, no money, no pubs, no resturaunts, hotels, cinemas, gyms, pools, small sports clubs gone, possibly some big ones too. World ain't gonna be a whole lot if fun. Unless the government can come up with some free money (that never needs to be repaid) to pay for everything and everyone to pause for a few years whilst we all hide then we got to just get on with it.

Cancer and this virus are two drastically different issues. And considering many cancers are now curable your point isn't relevant here. They're also working on treatments to make recovery from covid quicker and easier than it currently is. We found out about the virus 8 months ago, the work that's been achieved in these months would sometimes take years. 

If anyone wants an idea of what it might be like, check out the J League (Japan) on Free Sports, Sky channel 422 I think. Live games there, and highlights show repeated several times a week. Approx. 1 in 4 seats occupied, everyone wearing a mask, seems to be working OK. 

I would imagine in England they would give all season ticket holders the option to opt out until stadiums are allowed to operate at full capacity, with their season ticket seats held for them of course, whether it be for 3 months or 3 years. Let's say that a quarter of season ticket holders opt out, bearing in mind a lot are elderly, then it may reduce it from approx 24000 to around 18000. Then they would then say those remaining will go to e.g. 1 game in 4, with a random ballet taking place before each set of 4 games to allocate games to people. If the amount of people allowed in increases, then it would change to 1 in 3 games, then 1 in 2 etc. until further notice, with no away fans. 

Edited by Snik-Snok

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We are learning to live with it; masks and distancing are just 2 of the ways brought in to get back to a more normal life. Local authorities closing regions down to prevent spread is just another. 

You make a reference to poor mental health of young people, with disregard for that of older people and those who are at higher risk. 

Cancer and this virus are two drastically different issues. And considering many cancers are now curable your point isn't relevant here. They're also working on treatments to make recovery from covid quicker and easier than it currently is. We found out about the virus 8 months ago, the work that's been achieved in these months would sometimes take years. 

I am not sure the lock downs work. Half the world had them for 2months yet cases are surging again as soon as we come out. Either the lockdown needs to be stricter or they don't end until there are no cases - which we probably cant afford.

There is no doubt that there will be impact on the old and vulnerable too they are however the ones we are protecting by destroying the economy, the high street and livelihoods forever. Whenever this does end I hope they accept the triple lock needs to go and some pension benefits to help pay for this mess.

I'm pretty sure China has lied about this virus from the start, whether we can reliably cure or vaccinate against it only time will tell. I'm just not sure how long we can continue like this without losing a lots for a long time in the future. We might save some lives but we are also destroying millions forever.

1 hour ago, Snik-Snok said:

If anyone wants an idea of what it might be like, check out the J League (Japan) on Free Sports, Sky channel 422 I think. Live games there, and highlights show repeated several times a week. Approx. 1 in 4 seats occupied, everyone wearing a mask, seems to be working OK. 

I would imagine in England they would give all season ticket holders the option to opt out until stadiums are allowed to operate at full capacity, with their season ticket seats held for them of course, whether it be for 3 months or 3 years. Let's say that a quarter of season ticket holders opt out, bearing in mind a lot are elderly, then it may reduce it from approx 24000 to around 18000. Then they would then say those remaining will go to e.g. 1 game in 4, with a random ballet taking place before each set of 4 games to allocate games to people. If the amount of people allowed in increases, then it would change to 1 in 3 games, then 1 in 2 etc. until further notice, with no away fans. 

That's me out then I won't make it through a dance off! ;)

• Haha 1

I think as it stands at the moment I’d opt out of next season as long as my season ticket is guaranteed for 2021/22. As well as the weirdness of being in a quarter full stadium it would not be a surprise if all the pubs within a certain radius of the ground (ie local hero, counting house) had to also be shut on match days. That’s part of the day for me, catch up with mates for a couple of hours then the walk down to the stadium.

As we’ve seen with the postponement of relaxation measures by Boris yesterday I can see attendance at sport events being put back till the spring if they are concerned the number of infections is increasing. Although watching the PL games wasn’t that bad(excluding our own misfortune) I imagine everyone involved in football is dreading months of no supporters in the ground. And god knows what it would mean for leagues below the championship. Then again they may start reattendance starting with non league and work upwards. 

Hopefully one of these vaccines will work , even if it means people just get less sick rather than a full cure. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

This, I can see me losing my love for football if I have to sit through a full season at home.

Either this or just come out and tell us we definitely aren’t in stadiums before X date.

• Like 2

I can watch non league football with three men and a dog in attendance because that’s what it is. 

The Premier League is different. Health reasons aside, I’m being careful but not hiding away, I’m not that bothered about sitting amongst 10000 socially distanced in a 30000 seat stadium. It won’t be anything close to a normal match day experience.

I’m more than willing to pay a fractional or nominal rate for my season ticket and just sit it out until we get somewhere near normality. 

The new crowdless format is slower paced... as the crown normally push defenders and this hurries forwards.   So this slow paced football favours the more technical players of the richer clubs... the 5 man subs favours the bigger deeper squads. I propose. 

Admit 1000 home fans asap

Reduce subs to 2 per game

Var must report truth ...not just clear and obvs errors....the refs need to suck it up

Edited by foxinsocks

• 2 weeks later...

Milwall for next Season. 

I imagine the same will be applied for the Premier League. 

30% of the King Power would see around 9,700 in for games.

I believe we have around 23,000 Season Ticket Holders. Depending on how they choose to decide who watches what game everyone will likely see 6 games* live next season. 

* Roughly. If my workings out are correct lol

IMG-20200810-WA0003.jpg

Edited by Ashley

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2020 at 11:37, Snik-Snok said:

I wasn't far off with my suggestion, apart from I missed off the £70 retainer, and I spelt ballot wrong.