Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

The sooner the Sky/BT/Amazon racket is over the better, although I understand they aren’t behind this. 

I’m guessing someone’s done the math on replacing the current sh*t show with a club pass e.g. I pay £25 a month for live coverage of all Leicester games, and concluded this would result in less revenue? It’s obviously far more preferable for the consumer and would likely bring droves back from illegal streams.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jevans said:

Sky owe us nothing 

Sky owe us everything!

The game is nothing without the fans. 

Liverpool and man u getting pasted by smaller clubs (not to mention us) 

They won't like it when US members of the big 7 don't go 😂. Devalues their product as the fans only really want to watch the big 7.

49 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

They don’t show every premier league game live on peacock 

49 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I thought this and nearly brought it but it says “There will be more than 175 exclusive Premier League games on Peacock during the 2020-21 season, out of 380, with the rest of the games on NBCSN and across the NBC family of channels.” so just about as good as sky. 

Christ on a bike, £15 a match is steep.

For the cost of six PPV matches in the UK (approx £88), I get all 380 games for the season in Canada. DAZN has the rights for this season and next, and it's been brilliant so far (last season was the first).

If people are looking into the VPN route, something to consider there. Will it work? Dunno. But they usually have a free trial. I used to use the free trial arrangement for the League Cup games.

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

They don’t show every premier league game live on peacock 

Shite. Thiught they did. NBC show every game and their website redirected me to Peacock as that's how to stream in the US now.

I'll do some more research over the weekend and see what I can find.

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Shite. Thiught they did. NBC show every game and their website redirected me to Peacock as that's how to stream in the US now.

I'll do some more research over the weekend and see what I can find.

Yeah they are splitting the games to get more money in that’s why peacock now exists

here’s the schedule list 

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/10/06/nbc-sports-premier-league-schedule/ 

• Thanks 1

Leicester have tried to come up with ideas in the past

I think there was a League Cup game which was to be a simple 'one camera' set up and the club offered to pay for a full rig (multi cameras, replays, slomos etc) and in return for footing the bill they'd stream it on the club website or youtube.

The EFL said no.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

The Merc is 'written' and produced in Nottingham now I think (Leicester merc offices closed long ago). All these regional rags are basically run and operated by the same organisation (there is some relationship with the Daily Fail here). All their websites are the same format/template and riddled with popups, ads and bullshit. Sack the lot off - it's now just printed spam.

The same company, but the rest of this is nonsense.

The Merc is still in Leicester. The offices are on New Walk.

It’s owned by a company called Reach, which is basically The Daily Mirror having bought the majority of local paper.

It does show though that rather than the Leicester reporter write their own article on this, the Notts reporter probably wrote it first for their own website so the Merc just copied and pasted it to their’s. 

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

I have a friend who's been kicking off about PPV all afternoon. Corporate greed etc

While I agree with him, what made me laugh is he spunked £50 today on the new Fifa to replace the almost identical one he already owns:whistle:

That’s not comparable. Fifa is a game worked on by hundreds of people each year. That £50 employs those people to carry on making games. That is not corporate greed.

Where is this £15 going? Sky? Premier League? How much is actually going to the club? Will this extra revenue filter it’s way down the leagues? No. It won’t.

36 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

I thought this and nearly brought it but it says “There will be more than 175 exclusive Premier League games on Peacock during the 2020-21 season, out of 380, with the rest of the games on NBCSN and across the NBC family of channels.” so just about as good as sky. 

There is no one size fits all to see every Leicester match unless you have cable and multiple streaming services. As in bend over may I have another sir. Welcome to crapification at it finest. USA USA USA Sorry.