Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

1 hour ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Discussions between the Premier League Fans Groups are currently underway to decide the next steps, an initial statement was issued by the Football Supporters Association and a couple of individual Trusts have already published their reaction, we are currently working on a statement

Reactive instead of proactive yet again I see, some things never change.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Genuinely curious as to what steps you'd have had them take prior to this to be proactive?

Honestly?

You’ve got a vote about putting football games behind a pay wall, you are the trust of a well established club, and you don’t think to air your opinion before it instead of complain about it after?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Honestly?

You’ve got a vote about putting football games behind a pay wall, you are the trust of a well established club, and you don’t think to air your opinion before it instead of complain about it after?

Didn't realise they actually had a vote on all this, maybe they were unable to air an opinion before hand? I'm unsure, just playing devil's advocate there.

But for sure with this being released over a day ago, you'd have expected a response by now, even some pre-prepared.

Only reason I ask was having seen people/posters in the past complain about issues, without actually having an improvement in mind.

38 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Seen in the paper today Sky plan to put fifteen matches on paid for view for £14.95 each, there was a vote on this and Leicester City was the only club to vote against, are fans being taken for cash cows?

Been discussed in here

45 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Didn't realise they actually had a vote on all this, maybe they were unable to air an opinion before hand? I'm unsure, just playing devil's advocate there.

But for sure with this being released over a day ago, you'd have expected a response by now, even some pre-prepared.

Only reason I ask was having seen people/posters in the past complain about issues, without actually having an improvement in mind.

They don’t have a vote, they, and the rest of the fans organisations with any sort a clout as all, should of released a statement before the vote to try have some influence over it. Instead we will get the usual after time complaining that well more than likely serve no purpose at all. Like most of their actions.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Seen in the paper today Sky plan to put fifteen matches on paid for view for £14.95 each, there was a vote on this and Leicester City was the only club to vote against, are fans being taken for cash cows?

Yes but fans continue to pay into these systems so they will continue to do it. If people stopped moaning and actually acted then maybe we'd see a change.

• Like 2

I honestly can’t see there being a u-turn on this. 

I don’t think much of the Premier League hierarchy but even they must have known what the response would be to this. 

I know we were the one to take a stand but the more they continue to shoot themselves in the foot the more I’m losing interest in the game at this level. 

It’s like we always knew they didn’t care about the fans now they’re just admitting it. Continue as it is, with the empty grounds and soulless fake noise, just as long as they get the £15 each week. 

I won’t be paying it, I won’t be going to the effort of finding a dodgy stream, I’ve got tickets to Coalville’s next two home games and I’m going to stick with that. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Livid said:

I honestly can’t see there being a u-turn on this. 

I don’t think much of the Premier League hierarchy but even they must have known what the response would be to this. 

I know we were the one to take a stand but the more they continue to shoot themselves in the foot the more I’m losing interest in the game at this level. 

It’s like we always knew they didn’t care about the fans now they’re just admitting it. Continue as it is, with the empty grounds and soulless fake noise, just as long as they get the £15 each week. 

I won’t be paying it, I won’t be going to the effort of finding a dodgy stream, I’ve got tickets to Coalville’s next two home games and I’m going to stick with that. 

Don’t think you are far wrong. I’ve read today that EPL are charging £10 a game. 

They aren’t getting huge numbers but it doesn’t bother them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueman1967 said:

If you've 'paid' per view then that is money already gone.

With regard to the new 'pay' per view initiative, my advice FWIW is don't pay it. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I was thinking the exact same earlier, take the next game week for example would the games be swapped if given a chance 

Saturday 17 October

Everton v Liverpool - BT Sport (12:30 BST)

Chelsea v Southampton - PPV on BT Sport Box Office (15:00 BST)

Manchester City v Arsenal - Sky Sports (17:30 BST)

Newcastle v Manchester United - PPV on Sky Sports Box Office (20:00 BST)

Bit of a dangerous game they’re playing as it could end up everyone cancelling sky sports and picking the half dozen big games per season

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Bit of a dangerous game they’re playing as it could end up everyone cancelling sky sports and picking the half dozen big games per season

Not a chance 

• Like 1

Can someone clarify this for me.

PPV games. Do you need to be subscribing to Sky Sports PLUS you have to pay £15

Or do you just have to have Sky/Virgin and then pay £15 for any particular game on PPV?

I usually use NOW TV to watch City's games recently... would these games not be available on them?

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Or do you just have to have Sky/Virgin and then pay £15 for any particular game on PPV?

I usually use NOW TV to watch City's games recently... would these games not be available on them?

Don't need existing subscription. Think of the ads /promo you see for PPV boxing. Will work like that. 

I don't know if the 'box office' channels are on Now TV though so not sure if it's on there! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd imagine the games on the regular sky sports channel you'll watch as part of your now TV pass or sky subscription but to get the 'box office' sky games you'll need to pay the £15 on top of that. 

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Maybe.... however... This is the first steps towards a Netflix style subscription. It'll probably earn the PL more pennies in the long run too 

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Reading an article today which suggested the opposite. Sky and BT have agreed to facilitate the ppv but want to keep the prime games on their subscription channels. They're the matches they sell to a world audience. Or they don't believe they'll be a great uptake in ppv either...

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Reading an article today which suggested the opposite. Sky and BT have agreed to facilitate the ppv but want to keep the prime games on their subscription channels. They're the matches they sell to a world audience. Or they don't believe they'll be a great uptake in ppv either...

Every match is sold world wide, this won't change anything abroad. 

I can see why Sky would want to keep the top matches though, it just depends what their cut of the ppv is. 

Still think the “is £15 too expensive?” debate is slightly missing the point. 

It’s never been the case that UK-based fans could (legally) watch every PL game.

The reason why this has become an issue is because the government (not the PL, not the broadcasters) has banned fans from the grounds. 

What we needed was a temporary solution to this problem by putting in place a scheme for those of us with season tickets who are being prevented in law from attending games. 

The PPV debate should have been left for another day...

• Like 2