Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

10 hours ago, Ricey said:

That’s not comparable. Fifa is a game worked on by hundreds of people each year. That £50 employs those people to carry on making games. That is not corporate greed.

Where is this £15 going? Sky? Premier League? How much is actually going to the club? Will this extra revenue filter it’s way down the leagues? No. It won’t.

Eh? 

EA make the same fvcking game each year with extremely minor "enhancements" and have the audacity to get people to pay for it again and again whilst starting from scratch and labeling it as "new". The only noticeable "difference" is the roster change. Don't get me started on their greedy and gambling-like micro transactions in it's shitty FUT mode. Its corporate greed at its finest and is totally comparable. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I’m surprised there isn’t more uproar on here about this. 

Hopefully a weeks worth of bad press & outrage on social media, talksport etc will force them to change their mind, unlikely mind. 

There is in the Premier League thread. 

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Sky owe us everything!

The game is nothing without the fans. 

Liverpool and man u getting pasted by smaller clubs (not to mention us) 

They won't like it when US members of the big 7 don't go 😂. Devalues their product as the fans only really want to watch the big 7.

We pay sky at start of the season for the 120 odd games they show. The games are bonus games we have been watching. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

just perhaps the club are looking at the big picture which is that the bigger clubs have the largest fanbase and if games are PPV, then it’s only a matter of time before these clubs demand that the monies paid by their fans goes to them.  At the moment, Man U and spurs are being hit proportionately larger than we are with no fans in the ground. PPV will bring that skewed income stream back for the larger clubs ...whilst it looks like good PR by us, it could just be old fashioned business sense .....

if it is just good business, why has not every club , other than the big six, voted as we have?

Edited by nnickn

52 minutes ago, Ricey said:

That’s not comparable. Fifa is a game worked on by hundreds of people each year. That £50 employs those people to carry on making games. That is not corporate greed.

Where is this £15 going? Sky? Premier League? How much is actually going to the club? Will this extra revenue filter it’s way down the leagues? No. It won’t.

You're spot on with that no disagreement there mate
There is greed within both of these, but I appreciate they come with different nuances and can't be directly compared.
From a light hearted angle I just couldn't ignore the irony.

57 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The same company, but the rest of this is nonsense.

The Merc is still in Leicester. The offices are on New Walk.

It’s owned by a company called Reach, which is basically The Daily Mirror having bought the majority of local paper.

It does show though that rather than the Leicester reporter write their own article on this, the Notts reporter probably wrote it first for their own website so the Merc just copied and pasted it to their’s. 

Thanks for putting me right. They own the Daily Express, Mirror and Daily Star.

Christ.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

They made a billion off it last year in fifa points lol 

• Sad 1

I’ve read a few other forums and they’re generally all for boycotting / not buying as it’s a truly stupid price! 

Just a few things I’ve found / read:

Football was once the sport of the working class.

Football is nothing without the fans.

I’ve had to pay for Sky, BT and Prime at £100 per month, now they want £15 a game?

Where do I get a stream? 

I get Premier TV in Germany for the equivalent of £9.99 / month.

I get all 360 matches here in Canada for just over £100. So the cost of 7 games.

This is crazy, how someone thousands of miles away can watch this and I’m being robbed blind. 

We need to organise a blackout. 

No one is paying £15 to watch Burnley Vs West Brom, you just know that’ll be the game selected for Sky / BT. 

This is the final straw, I’ll be cancelling my Sky when I can.

When can Netflix / Amazon bid for all the Premier League? 

Pure greed.

Leicester seem like the only club who’s considered the fans.

We’ve not been given “free” games, I’m still paying for them. Sky and BT make more money from the UK.

What League can I watch for free? As I’m done with the stupidity of this circus.

13 hours ago, Jevans said:

All the tight arses in here will

have to go back to radio Leicester and teletext to follow the game and catch the highlights on match of the day at 2230. 

Recent new member shows how not to win friends and influence people with 7 posts on 'hot' thread. lol

• Haha 1

Why should it cost 2-5 times more to stream a single premier league game than it does to rent a movie via a streaming service such as Prime/Apple TV? (Needless to say on the likes of Apple TV you also aren’t paying hundreds per year in subscriptions just to earn the right to pay again to rent said movie...) 

Edited by FoxesWalk

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Why should it cost 2-5 times more to stream a single premier league game than it does to rent a movie via a streaming service such as Prime/Apple TV? (Needless to say on the likes of Apple TV you also aren’t paying hundreds per year in subscriptions just to earn the right to pay again to rent said movie...) 

Also why is it £5 more than a daily pass on now TV?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, teblin said:

Also why is it £5 more than a daily pass on now TV?

Yep, the pricing is bizarre, and particularly tone deaf given the economic situation many people are now in. If it was about 5-7 quid a game, they’d get far more people paying you’d imagine. I’m lucky enough not to be struggling as badly as some are now, maybe I’m tight, but I refuse to pay £15 for a single game. I don’t see why it should cost more than a cinema ticket, for example, especially as I already pay a fortune in subscriptions to watch football. It’s in your own home and their are 38 of these events per season, per team. It’s not like it’s a one off thing. If I want 90mins of entertainment I can rent a movie for a fraction of the price then watch match of the day. 

It’s just not worth that much to me without the match day experience.

I was annoyed by this but now I’ve woken up and seen that two of our matches have been picked for PPV in the opening week of it I’m seriously pissed off. So now not only are the premier league trying to tear money from skint football fans they are punishing the club most representative of those fans as they were the only ones to dare to vote against it. I hope this is remembered for a long time that the premier league and the broadcasters tried to wring out the British public for every penny during the worst economic downturn for a generation. Awful, awful behaviour.

• Like 1

Just now, Crashtoasted said:

I was annoyed by this but now I’ve woken up and seen that two of our matches have been picked for PPV in the opening week of it I’m seriously pissed off. So now not only are the premier league trying to tear money from skint football fans they are punishing the club most representative of those fans as they were the only ones to dare to vote against it. I hope this is remembered for a long time that the premier league and the broadcasters tried to wring out the British public for every penny during the worst economic downturn for a generation. Awful, awful behaviour.

We’d all be better served spending that £30 in the club shop and finding a stream. 

• Like 1