Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Maddison, Evans and Ricardo

All set to miss at least the first 3 games of the season (obviously Chilwell will go) 

The odds are we are likely to have one more key player unavailable at the start of the season due to an injury picked up in preseason.

That's half of the team potentially weakened compared to where we were 12 months a go. 

Even if we do get players in they will take time to integrate and find their feet no doubt. 

Anyone else a bit concerned that we could get off to a shocker?

• Like 3

Hold on, we already knew Ricardo would miss the start of the season (and a few games more). 

Same with Evans knowing he's out for 3 games (2 league, 1 cup :giggle:

Maddison is meant to be fit, isn't he?

I don't get what the big news is here, if it's meant to be that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Maddison is expected to be fit for the start of the season, as far as I'm aware that's not changed.

We couldn't have asked for a better four games before the international break - we never win at Man City and the other three are perfectly winnable.

Oh, I thought Madders was not back until October but maybe I'm getting him mixed up with Chilwell. 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

All set to miss at least the first 3 games of the season (obviously Chilwell will go) 

The odds are we are likely to have one more key player unavailable at the start of the season due to an injury picked up in preseason.

That's half of the team potentially weakened compared to where we were 12 months a go. 

Even if we do get players in they will take time to integrate and find their feet no doubt. 

Anyone else a bit concerned that we could get off to a shocker?

Yep completely.

In desperate need of new faces.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hold on, we already knew Ricardo would miss the start of the season (and a few games more). 

Same with Evans knowing he's out for 3 games (2 league, 1 cup :giggle:

Maddison is meant to be fit, isn't he?

I don't get what the big news is here, if it's meant to be that?

Not really big news, just think we're treading on dangerous ground especially if we have some more injuries. I think the fact we've known about it for so long and we're 3 weeks or so away from kick off and still look weak is concerning in my opinion.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’m concerned. It’s as though this hasn’t been addressed by the club. We (the fans) seem to understand how much a good start means in a campaign. History has told us this. Why is there not more urgency being shown? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah maybe they have something up their sleeve but I was thinking exactly this. 

Considering we are playing in the new anglo italian cup with a manager who has the brain of a cheese sandwich, a chief scout who thinks perez is a good signing and most of our team either out or injured or sold, well i just cant wait for the new football season

that west brom game first of the season has shades of that horrific bolton game a few years back

Edited by m4DD0gg
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m fully aware that any form of criticism of the club on this forum, automatically makes you into a pariah, but is nobody concerned that frankly we were utterly awful for the second half of last season and we haven’t strengthened the squad at all? And as you say, Madders is out, as is Ricardo 

Haven't really been worried but I'm starting to get slightly worried now. Only 2 and a half weeks until our first PL game. I'd like to think we'll get someone in before the end of the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m fully aware that any form of criticism of the club on this forum, automatically makes you into a pariah, but is nobody concerned that frankly we were utterly awful for the second half of last season and we haven’t strengthened the squad at all? And as you say, Madders is out, as is Ricardo 

Yes.

• Like 2

Big chance for Benkovic, if he stays fit through pre season he probably gets first go alongside Soyuncu. 

I get the panic, although I do think it's over the top. We do need players but I don't think anyone signed anyone (realistically) where I've thought damn, I wish we'd signed them. Unless I've missed someone. 

Our team at West Brom could be:

Kasper

Justin

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes

Vardy

I know we're all blinkered by our form but it's still not a bad side. Just have to hope the break and fresh start regain some confidence and freedom.

We do need alternatives though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely. Something feels really off about the place at the minute for me, can’t put my finger on what it is. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It really doesn't, don't be so dramatic.

And yes, plenty of people have been worried about our form for ages.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm sure that there are a lot of people worried, but what do you want us to do?

We will be going into the season with a weaker 11 than when we finished... and we were pretty piss poor by the end. I can’t see Maddison being ready to rumble and fully match fit in the first games of season after having this much time out. There is absolutely no time to bed someone in to walk straight in especially an overseas Player.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2