Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Maddison, Evans and Ricardo

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Big chance for Benkovic, if he stays fit through pre season he probably gets first go alongside Soyuncu. 

I get the panic, although I do think it's over the top. We do need players but I don't think anyone signed anyone (realistically) where I've thought damn, I wish we'd signed them. Unless I've missed someone. 

Our team at West Brom could be:

Kasper

Justin

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes

Vardy

I know we're all blinkered by our form but it's still not a bad side. Just have to hope the break and fresh start regain some confidence and freedom.

We do need alternatives though.

If we are starting the season with that side I'm going to be worried. Desperately need to replace chilwell. Big gamble to play benkovic.  Didnt he struggle a bit at Bristol City? We need a winger also. Cant see the results being any better then they were after the restart if we don't make changes. 

• Like 2

Worst case scenario if we still haven't sorted out most of our transfer business.

Vardy

Barnes Perez

Thomas Tielemans Ndidi Justin

Soyuncu Benkovic New CB

Looks fine to me for the first couple weeks, whilst we finish our transfer business. Benkovic struggled with Bristol City's manager, as soon as he was sacked he started to play well. I think he's perfect for the deepest centreback role. Evans only misses West Brom and Burnley anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

We seem a little Rudderless at the moment.

Madders and Soyuncu back will be a bonus and think we've got plenty enough for the first sequence of games. There's some real talent there compared to many opposition teams.  I'm more concerned about the performance of the manager who can't be allowed to use a couple of players missing as an excuse. Agreed, a defence with Justin and Thomas in it would be a little inexperienced, though Fuchs should be fit by then, but there's plenty of available talent in every other position. I'm sure we'll sign a couple of players but we need to be patient whilst they get up to speed also. If Rodgers can't get a tune out of what's available to him by December then he's a very poor manager in my opinion, he's my main concern going into the new season and needs to step up to the plate. His personal performance as a manager since before Christmas was piss poor.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It'lll be Morgan and Soy starting surely if we dont fancy buying anyone. Terrifying.

Im  guessing we will be pressing west brom and they will sit back.. That means us having a high line so i dont think it should be Morgan in the first game as his turn of pace will be unforgiving on their break. 

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Im  guessing we will be pressing west brom and they will sit back.. That means us having a high line so i dont think it should be Morgan in the first game as his turn of pace will be unforgiving on their break. 

However much we all love Morgan for what he’s done for the club (which is an awful lot), he was pretty much a spent force a season or two ago.

The reality is the club should have moved on such that he’s nowhere near the first 11 now

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

However much we all love Morgan for what he’s done for the club (which is an awful lot), he was pretty much a spent force a season or two ago.

The reality is the club should have moved on such that he’s nowhere near the first 11 now

i agree.. and its absolutely no disrespect to Morgan but to have him starting the new season at 36 is poor as there should be more options available to us that we trust.. e.g Benkovic ect or other .

Edited by les-tah

Too many on here already starting to whimp it out....

Sharpening their knives, creating n preparing their A4 agendas...!!

Be nice to start a season sometime somewhere as a Leicester supporter, without having First having to page through the negative dross..!!!

And doubting Thomases

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Maddison is expected to be fit for the start of the season, as far as I'm aware that's not changed.

We couldn't have asked for a better four games before the international break - we never win at Man City and the other three are perfectly winnable.

And for those of you just tuning in, it's 3-0 to Leicester at the Etihad and Huth is on a hat-trick...

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Considering we are playing in the new anglo italian cup with a manager who has the brain of a cheese sandwich, a chief scout who thinks perez is a good signing and most of our team either out or injured or sold, well i just cant wait for the new football season

that west brom game first of the season has shades of that horrific bolton game a few years back

Well you're a cheery soul.

17 hours ago, adam said:

If we are starting the season with that side I'm going to be worried. Desperately need to replace chilwell. Big gamble to play benkovic.  Didnt he struggle a bit at Bristol City? We need a winger also. Cant see the results being any better then they were after the restart if we don't make changes. 

Benkovic did not struggle at bristol city, the manager didnt play him, then when he got sacked the caretaker manager took over and played him and he was their best centre back. Benkovic not getting more playing time is a stick that bristol fans have been beating lee jonhson with since he's been sacked so safe to say they rate him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Madders and Soyuncu back will be a bonus and think we've got plenty enough for the first sequence of games. There's some real talent there compared to many opposition teams.  I'm more concerned about the performance of the manager who can't be allowed to use a couple of players missing as an excuse. Agreed, a defence with Justin and Thomas in it would be a little inexperienced, though Fuchs should be fit by then, but there's plenty of available talent in every other position. I'm sure we'll sign a couple of players but we need to be patient whilst they get up to speed also. If Rodgers can't get a tune out of what's available to him by December then he's a very poor manager in my opinion, he's my main concern going into the new season and needs to step up to the plate. His personal performance as a manager since before Christmas was piss poor.

The thing is at our best we're just about good enough to compete. I agree with you about Brendan, His mistake of not signing an alternative Striker last Summer ultimately cost us our Champions league place.

What I don't like about Brendan is that he has a one system fits all approach to the game. Which doesn't work unless you have very experienced players right throughout the team.

I just have real trouble understanding how such an experienced Manager could make such a mistake. No matter how good a team you are you always need a plan B and we had none.

He was like the Rabbit in headlights since the Lock down. He could have stuck Soyuncu up front with Vardy to win the Ball and ruffle a few defenders in the opposition box. But he done nothing hoping we'd score using the same methods that weren't working. 

Justin maybe but Thomas and Fuchs would not be able stand up to the rigors of games coming thick and fast this season.

We really need a quality LB to replace Chilwell and a quality Winger and a rough tough Midfielder to play alongside NDiddi.

Our lack of height is another constant problem, especially at set pieces. If we got someone in then we could go 3 at the back 2 in midfield 2 wide players a proper 8 and 10 supporting Vardy up top. 

Also here we are 2 weeks from the seasons start and still no additions. Next he'll be saying the players need time to settle,

When we need them to hit the ground running.

As you say if he doesn't start the season well he could be gone by Christmas. Which would be a shame because he is a good Coach for working with players. If given the time I think he will get it right but we all know time is something that's in short supply in the premiership.

I'd settle for a Europa cup win and a top ten finish which is as much as can hope for this season.  

A good Manager he still has to prove himself at the top of the game.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2020 at 21:01, RowlattsFox said:

Big chance for Benkovic, if he stays fit through pre season he probably gets first go alongside Soyuncu. 

I get the panic, although I do think it's over the top. We do need players but I don't think anyone signed anyone (realistically) where I've thought damn, I wish we'd signed them. Unless I've missed someone. 

Our team at West Brom could be:

Kasper

Justin

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes

Vardy

I know we're all blinkered by our form but it's still not a bad side. Just have to hope the break and fresh start regain some confidence and freedom.

We do need alternatives though.

B*stard looking at that side I really do hope we get a few new signings in before the season starts.

41 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

We’ll be fine. Simply a case of shipping some out before bringing some in!

Fully expect 2 or 3 new faces for 1st game and then a couple more by the end of the window.

Everyone needs to relax! 

WIth the amount of money we've made in transfers over the past few seasons from Maguire and Chilwell thats largely gone unspent this really shouldn't be the case.

I've been on the fence about Rodgers for a while now and this lack of urgency and action to address clear problems and weaknesses with the squad is extremely worrying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1