Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I missed it. What was it for? Preventing a goal scoring op or violence?

Preventing a goal scoring opportunity but its way out with Vinicius Jnr heading away from goal with a clumsy touch and defenders coming back. It just absolutely never was. He got the red card straight out, absolutely couldn't wait to give it, VAR didn't check it, it was dubious AF.

To compound the issue, he's just refused to send Casemiro off for simulation. Casemiro is on a yellow card and he's dived in the box, the ref has made a big show of saying it was a dive, he's gone over and lectured him and given him a final warning. I don't get that, it's a clear cut second yellow card.

This is some Filbert Street vs Atletico Madrid shit going on here it's outrageous.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Preventing a goal scoring opportunity but its way out with Vinicius Jnr heading away from goal with a clumsy touch and defenders coming back. It just absolutely never was. He got the red card straight out, absolutely couldn't wait to give it, VAR didn't check it, it was dubious AF.

To compound the issue, he's just refused to send Casemiro off for simulation. Casemiro is on a yellow card and he's dived in the box, the ref has made a big show of saying it was a dive, he's gone over and lectured him and given him a final warning. I don't get that, it's a clear cut second yellow card.

This is some Filbert Street vs Atletico Madrid shit going on here it's outrageous.

I saw that. Disgraceful. Real Madrid are a massive club so it's only fair that they should get all the decisions - like Man U. Nothing will ever top Parker's red though!

Edited by trabuch

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Nobody should be surprised by it anymore. People within the game actively admit they 'need' particular clubs in particular positions. Particularly in an era where the game is going to be a bit hit money wise.

It doesn't really surprise me, but it does make me very angry and sad.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Nobody should be surprised by it anymore. People within the game actively admit they 'need' particular clubs in particular positions. Particularly in an era where the game is going to be a bit hit money wise.

river?version=986764&width=230

6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

It doesn't really surprise me, but it does make me very angry and sad.

It's just depressing now. I feel for Atalanta - we're in their boat really as a club and this could easily be us.

It just takes away from the whole thing now. You won't see a more undeserved win all season yet everything in their power was done to help Real Madrid win it. See also Manchester United last season when they had a chance at a late surge into the Champions League and they happen to get the biggest string of decisions I can remember.

There needs to be some real investigating into all of this. Bad decisions happen but this is all far too convenient. When you have VAR actually operating now there is no excuse for this. The Freuler decision not even going to VAR is what should ring alarm bells.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2

How seriously dull has this knock out stages been

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's just depressing now. I feel for Atalanta - we're in their boat really as a club and this could easily be us.

It just takes away from the whole thing now. You won't see a more undeserved win all season yet everything in their power was done to help Real Madrid win it. See also Manchester United last season when they had a chance at a late surge into the Champions League and they happen to get the biggest string of decisions I can remember.

There needs to be some real investigating into all of this. Bad decisions happen but this is all far too convenient. When you have VAR actually operating now there is no excuse for this. The Freuler decision not even going to VAR is what should ring alarm bells.

It was a horrifically refereed games

Juve chairmen made it clear they were not wanted in the comp

Now this Var bollocks. it just feels the super league is creeping closer and closer

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

Martin Keown really can't say Guardiola can he

I would say a large % of Brits who dont speak Spanish, or even another language, would find it difficult to get 

on well with "name" pronunciation...

I wonder how your "Gs" sound or where the accent & stress in a name or word would fall....

Just because a name or turn of Phrase becomes accepted, doesn't mean its correct...

Why even we English cant agree on our own bloody words...

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Totally agree...if we insist on saying offside is offside whether 2 Yards or just a toe nail,

then also the following logic must follow...an obvious Dive is a dive, therefore yellow.

obvious Dives should not be up for debate or Final warnings..!!

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fvck off if that's taken off Haaland for a foul. 

I don't hate anything in the game more than a diving centre back ffs. 

He's in possession how could that possibly be a foul piss off. That's a goal if he wasn't offside from the first ball.