Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

Best game I've seen this season. Was actually nervous at the end for Porto there.

CL ties where the home leg has ended 2-1 to the home side normally always lead to the best second legs.

Such a shame that was behind closed doors. At least it'll be back properly next season.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This just might be Pirlo done. Shame if they bin him off after one year but by their standards its been a crap year. 

Midfield is very poor, didn’t realise Arthur was playing till the 40 min. Besides crossing they had no method of creating chances. Very poor. 

It’s not a great squad Compared to past Juve sides

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This just might be Pirlo done. Shame if they bin him off after one year but by their standards its been a crap year. 

Should've never got it in the first place. I can't sympathise personally. This phase of top clubs appointing totally underqualified managers because they used to play for them has lowered the standards immensely - though it's definitely helped clubs like us. It's why we need to take advantage.

• Like 2

Why on earth would you want to mess with this competition? 

Year after year it provides the best entertainment, often provided in games like this between a giant and a 'decent' side.

God I hope we are part of this madness next season!

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Should've never got it in the first place. I can't sympathise personally. This phase of top clubs appointing totally underqualified managers because they used to play for them has lowered the standards immensely - though it's definitely helped clubs like us. It's why we need to take advantage.

Read into his appointment, for all his coaching qualifications, methods, tactics and experience from playing, he severely lacks man-management and the nuance to manage the ‘elite’ bracket of player. Could all be mumbo jumbo as who really knows what goes on behind closed doors etc, all journalist mutterings. They’ll bin him off Ricky tick and he’ll no doubt get another gig at a big club just because he’s Andrea Pirlo. 

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Pirlo deserves to be binned off if that's his tactics and footballing philosophy. 

Juve are total garbage. No coherent plan, they can't string 4 passes together. They're spamming  crosses into the box. Hit and hope football. Quadrado attempted 32 crosses alone against Porto, 75 crosses in total by Juve. Terrible team. Our strongest fittest 11 would have played them off the park and knocked them out.

Edited by Koke

9 hours ago, Mrfox452 said:

Midfield is very poor, didn’t realise Arthur was playing till the 40 min. Besides crossing they had no method of creating chances. Very poor. 

It’s not a great squad Compared to past Juve sides

Having slightly above average players is no excuse for not coaching them properly and laying out a game plan. Brighton have useless players but Potter doesn't lump it to Welbeck with hit and hope football. Loads of coaches across the world have poor players but at least they try to be innovative and creative in their approach to games. Pirlo's game plan was spam crosses into the box and hope one hits Ronaldo, Morats or Chiesa. 

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

CL ties where the home leg has ended 2-1 to the home side normally always lead to the best second legs.

CL ties where the lesser team wins 1-0 at home in the first leg are the best. It leads to the bigger team having to attack in the second leg but the opposition still have ambition to score 1 and kill the game off. 

Porto are a great team to watch, thoroughly enjoyed both legs of this tie. Incidentally I'd be looking at Sergio Conceicao if Rodgers leaves us. He's supposedly turned us down before when we binned Ranieri but I've always liked the style of play he plays. Bit of a nutter too.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Porto are a great team to watch, thoroughly enjoyed both legs of this tie. Incidentally I'd be looking at Sergio Conceicao if Rodgers leaves us. He's supposedly turned us down before when we binned Ranieri but I've always liked the style of play he plays. Bit of a nutter too.

Newcastle were linked to him when Benitez was leaving and they got Bruce instead.

Apparently it wasnt just a tenuous link like the Poch one either.

Some difference!

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Pirlo deserves to be binned off if that's his tactics and footballing philosophy. 

Juve are total garbage. No coherent plan, they can't string 4 passes together. They're spamming  crosses into the box. Hit and hope football. Quadrado attempted 32 crosses alone against Porto, 75 crosses in total by Juve. Terrible team. Our strongest fittest 11 would have played them off the park and knocked them out.

Also proves that the manager does matter. I know Guardiola gets plenty of criticism for buying leagues, Rodgers work at Celtic dismissed but others have taken over dominant teams and they've regressed.