Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

17 hours ago, hejammy said:

So you find if someone calls you "white boy" in a negative situation then it's offensive but just amongst mates or someone identifying you it's fine? So this situation with the ref yes he was identifying him but it was a negative situation. If it was to pick out one of the white men in the group would he have said "the white guy"? Or in a postive situation would he had said "the black guy"? I think you forgot that "non white" people have often been the subject of racial slurs and bigotry in history and even in current times, more so than a Caucasian. If say you were over weight because of an issue you had in your life and not your fault and everyone kept teasing you as a child/teenager about your weight and even in adulthood and then one time someone did it "just to identify you" - how would you feel? Would you be like oh its fine he's just identifying me or would you be like "I'm so fed up of this shiyte"? 

All I'm saying is that it's easy to be dismissive when you've not faced it (yes an assumption) but even if you have I guarantee its no where near as much as the "non white guy" 

I've been put in hospital by a racial attack and had 7 stitches in my face and have a permanent scare on my face as a result, and that's not even the only time it has happened to me, so yes I would say it is a rather massive and very incorrect assumption you have made there and I would wager it is far worse an experience than most people have suffered from any racial back ground. Not only do white people suffer racism I can tell you from experience no one gives a shit when they do which should absloutly not be the case just because it occurs relatively less frequently.

It's language, black is descriptive, the movement is called BLACK lives matter ffs. And there are ways of pointing someone out by using their disproportionate weight without saying causing offense it's about using appropriate language. Plus It's a little bit concerning you are using someone who has had an "issue in their life that is not his fault that isn't their fault " as  similar to this scenario, to be quite honest,  being black obviously isn't a problem.

It was probably not a wise decision to do what he did but not because there is anything particularly wrong with it but because of the inevitable potential fall out that has gone on to become reality here.

I mean I don't even mind if people do now want to move forward from this and say referring to someone by their ethnicity is a no go area from here on in but I can't see how what he has said is offensive in what is deemed currently politically correct in current western society. Other than the fact the word for black in Romanian sounds like an offensive word in English, which is the real issue here, and there is a level of ignorance to that in itself. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That Savic yellow card. The directive they give these refs is just a joke. They actively want to outlaw slide tackling. Perfect tackle and it's yet another foul and yellow card. Beyond a joke.

Couodnt agree more, a classic tough but fair challenge which I thought was perfectly executed.

I can see the risk in a mistimed tackle injuring someone but its so open to abuse by the person being tackled in terms of faking injury, which is what happened with that challenge.

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Regarding who we can draw, I think it works like this...

They put the 8 teams who finished 3rd in the CL into a league table. The top 4 become seeded with the group winners. The bottom 4 become unseeded with the runners-up.

You should head over to the Europa League topic. Done to death on there about who can qualify and how lol 

Big view but the standard of this years champions league has been shit

Maybe its a lack of pre season or me being bored watched endless high press german infulenced teams who have zero number 10's

But it has been poor.

the days of nedved and co are long gone it seems.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I've been put in hospital by a racial attack and had 7 stitches in my face and have a permanent scare on my face as a result, and that's not even the only time it has happened to me, so yes I would say it is a rather massive and very incorrect assumption you have made there and I would wager it is far worse an experience than most people have suffered from any racial back ground. Not only do white people suffer racism I can tell you from experience no one gives a shit when they do which should absloutly not be the case just because it occurs relatively less frequently.

It's language, black is descriptive, the movement is called BLACK lives matter ffs. And there are ways of pointing someone out by using their disproportionate weight without saying causing offense it's about using appropriate language. Plus It's a little bit concerning you are using someone who has had an "issue in their life that is not his fault that isn't their fault " as  similar to this scenario, to be quite honest,  being black obviously isn't a problem.

It was probably not a wise decision to do what he did but not because there is anything particularly wrong with it but because of the inevitable potential fall out that has gone on to become reality here.

I mean I don't even mind if people do now want to move forward from this and say referring to someone by their ethnicity is a no go area from here on in but I can't see how what he has said is offensive in what is deemed currently politically correct in current western society. Other than the fact the word for black in Romanian sounds like an offensive word in English, which is the real issue here, and there is a level of ignorance to that in itself. 

Perhaps the Romanian language should change the word for black to avoid the same situation in future. Same for any other language where there could be a similar mix up and offence could be taken if someone was not aware of the translation.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, twister said:

Big view but the standard of this years champions league has been shit

Maybe its a lack of pre season or me being bored watched endless high press german infulenced teams who have zero number 10's

But it has been poor.

the days of nedved and co are long gone it seems.

And yet the clubs want even more of the same. 

14 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Perhaps the Romanian language should change the word for black to avoid the same situation in future. Same for any other language where there could be a similar mix up and offence could be taken if someone was not aware of the translation.

I’m Presuming this is a troll, but I don’t think the second most natively spoken language in the world is likely to change its word for black because it may offend a few ignorant people who speak the third most natively spoken language in the world because it sounds like a racist word they themselves invented.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Borussia Monchengladbach vs Man City
Lazio vs Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea
RB Leipzig vs Liverpool
Porto vs Juventus
Barcelona vs PSG
Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund
Atalanta vs Real Madrid

Atletico vs Chelsea could throw a good game, would love Chelsea to lose. 

The arrogance of McManaman in his talking of Liverpool is awful and the Prem. in general. Completely writing off Leipzig, Atletico and Monchengladback before a ball is kicked.