Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

13 minutes ago, eblair said:

Well compare our medical records before and after Dave left...

2016 in terms of injuries was exceptional as well

Remember him always saying how much he appreciated NP listened to his input

Well it was pretty shite last year when he was still here. Maddison and Chilwell both attempted comebacks what backfired 

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well it was pretty shite last year when he was still here. Maddison and Chilwell both attempted comebacks what backfired 

Yeah and why do you think Brendan got rid of him? Because previously managers took Rennie’s word as gospel if he said players weren’t ready, they weren’t played. That wasn’t the case under Brendan, as Bert alluded to previously in this thread. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I want Pearson to be really given a chance, I think he will do well at Bristol and build something good there 

This is the first time he's had a summer to recruit in pretty much forever too.

I saw he'd brought Danny Simpson in - I can't comment on Bristol's situation in Midfield but he could do worse than try to get Matty James and maybe Andy King in to bolster their options.

This could be an exciting time for them - was having a skulk on their local page and the consensus seems to be that there's optimism around the place that he'll improve their squad, which needs a rebuild.

Edited by OntarioFox

10 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

This is the first time he's had a summer to recruit in pretty much forever too.

I saw he'd brought Danny Simpson in - I can't comment on Bristol's situation in Midfield but he could do worse than try to get Matty James and maybe Andy King in to bolster their options.

This could be an exciting time for them - was having a skulk on their local page and the consensus seems to be that there's optimism around the place that he'll improve their squad, which needs a rebuild.

Pearson worked in the trio of Nige, Shaky, Walsh

They were good cop, bad cop

Pearson hasn’t yet done well anywhere else

Where is Shaky now btw?

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Pearson worked in the trio of Nige, Shaky, Walsh

They were good cop, bad cop

Pearson hasn’t yet done well anywhere else

Where is Shaky now btw?

He did pretty well at Watford. Didn’t get the chance to rebuild at Derby but I guarantee if he had been given time they would be in a better position than they are now. Didn’t do much in Belgium granted. Shakey is at Villa so can’t see him joining. 

Not sure who is part of Pearson’s coaching team nowadays. If he does get given money and time at Bristol City and then still fails then it would show maybe he does need the full team that he had here. Would be amazing if he managed to get them up.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He did pretty well at Watford. Didn’t get the chance to rebuild at Derby but I guarantee if he had been given time they would be in a better position than they are now. Didn’t do much in Belgium granted. Shakey is at Villa so can’t see him joining. 

Not sure who is part of Pearson’s coaching team nowadays. If he does get given money and time at Bristol City and then still fails then it would show maybe he does need the full team that he had here. Would be amazing if he managed to get them up.

I have that on very good authority Una. Pearson ruled the roost but was pretty aloof. Shaky calmed things down and was the approachable one

No bull-shit here. The pair complimented each other very well. Shaky took the bulk of the training sessions too apparently.

Pearson would lay down dictats and Shakespeare would smooth it over with the players

The reason Pearson didn’t stay at Derby was apparently because the players didn’t take to him. And the daft chairman took the players side

👍