Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

2 hours ago, MPH said:

i have also noticed that not a single video has been released by the club in the last 60 minutes..

Have all our cameras been stolen? Does Brendan think our players are too ugly? There’s clearly something we are not being told...

I have also noticed we on a discussion forum discussing why a nobody physio might be sacked.

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah his assumption is a baseless assumption. You're assuming, from what I can tell, Rennie's done nothing wrong, and was sacked unfairly, and that's another baseless assumption. In lieu of any football, I'm all for a battle of baseless assumptions but...

10 days to go pal. 😂

I just don’t see what he’d have to gain from leaking the team.

It’s not even the fact he’s gone, it’s the see you later no one cares attitude that seems to have gone for that puzzles me.

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm pretty sure the club won't publicly reveal the actual reasons why he left (aside from possibly a polite "it was a backroom reshuffle" comment) and equally I doubt that Rennie will want to go public on it either.
That, I suspect, that will suit both parties, even if it won't quench the thirst of some fans.

If the club don’t have a strong reason to remove him then I suspect they will have made a decent severance payment to DR and he will have signed a ‘non disclosure agreement’ 

if the club do have a good reason then it serves neither party to publicise the details 

and we left like the proverbial mushrooms ....... fed sh1t and left in the dark ........

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

This is messy and absurd! 20 years at the club, doing a fantastic job. Renowned in his field and highly rated. 

Big loss for us......

Something is a miss at the club ATM, very strange atmosphere. 

How do you know he was doing a fantastic job recently? Only people who know that are internal at the club.

lol at people who think Rodgers has the power to solely make this decision.

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Why? Brendan is a manager not a head coach, we don’t have a technical director, therefore any first team staff are under his remit and he is free to decide who stays and goes. 

Rodgers doesn't sack anyone, he takes it up the ladder and they do it if they agree. He'd have to take a decent case to the upper management to get rid of someone who has been there 20 years and presumably liked by the players. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What a load of tripe. Surprised at how many on here are taking a few paragraphs in a tabloid as gospel truth. 

Literally all we know is that Rennie is no longer employed by the club. That's it. We know nothing else. We don't know who made the decision or why it was made. It's just silly season paper talk to try and force some sort of narrative onto this. 

Yeah, because East Midlands club sacks physio is the scoop of the year!

What narrative is there in this story that would hold any sort of interest anyone without an interest in the club?

With minimal detail contained and having been published over a week from the same information first appearing on here a sense test would conclude the reporting has some substance to it.

9 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's not Football Manager, you don't need to have someone with X job title to do Y thing.

Rudkin, Whelan and Neville are in charge of day to day football operations and structure, they make the appointments and staffing decisions at senior football level. There is absolutely no way that the club give a manager free reign to tear up the existing, extremely successful backroom team. I highly doubt Rennie has been sacked for performance as Nursey suggests, but even if so Rodgers is not going to say 'we'll get this bloke in I worked with at Celtic' and the club just accept it. Likewise when Macia left, the club conducted a full and appropriate search for alternatives while still considering the man put forward by the manager.

Rudkin and Whelan will be here long after Rodgers goes, it's their job to look after the long term well-being of all football departments. Yes, Rodgers has a say and if there's a falling out or concerns about performance then they will be spoken about, but it's certainly not his call.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not true

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers doesn't sack anyone, he takes it up the ladder and they do it if they agree. He'd have to take a decent case to the upper management to get rid of someone who has been there 20 years and presumably liked by the players. 

Well... that’s me told lol 

To be honest I think we’re all taking a physio being sacked a bit to seriously, no matter how long he’s been here. Ashley has already said he’d been up to no good so why are people still questioning it? 

I wouldn’t worry about being liked by the players, the only people they seem to care about is that masseuse bloke who they all love. 

• Like 1

How things change huh?

Wilfred Ndidi astounds Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers on his swift comeback from injury

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11914669/wilfred-ndidi-astounds-leicester-city-boss-brendan-rodgers-on-his-swift-comeback-from-injury

"I spoke to Dave [Rennie, head physio] and I think the other one he had was Robbie Savage when he was here. He had a similar sort of injury and came back and played within a very, very short period of time," said Rodgers.

Leicester City: The science behind their Premier League title

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189778

When Ranieri was appointed last summer, the club's owners made it clear the backroom staff he inherited from previous boss Nigel Pearson were to be trusted. "He was quite taken aback with how we work the players here," said assistant manager Craig Shakespeare.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

How things change huh?

Wilfred Ndidi astounds Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers on his swift comeback from injury

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11914669/wilfred-ndidi-astounds-leicester-city-boss-brendan-rodgers-on-his-swift-comeback-from-injury

But then was out again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, his leaving has to have something to do with his poor powerpoint skills and ignorance to resizing pictures properly. 

https://sportsurf.lboro.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/DR.pdf

After all, I feel certain Brendan would have asked all staff for a personal end of season powerpoint presentation evaluating their performance.  

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

But then was out again...

Well we could theorise that could have been the major beginning to the suggested fallout between Brendan and Dave?

And if we want to take things further - naturally Brendan would have met with the board at the end of the season to evaluate things.

The topic of the seasons tail off in performance would no doubt have come up. If you're Brendan you would obviously point towards a number of injuries to key players being a major factor in that. Question is, did he extend that reasoning to suggesting Rennie was (in)directly responsible for those issues and that a change in this area was needed, essentially providing an ultimatum for the board? 

10 hours ago, TK95 said:

This has a similarly bad feel as when Claudio sacked the club psychologist and shook up training post title win

I said similar yesterday. I assume this was a club decision to remove Rennie (but have no idea obviously), and I hope that it is based on getting new skills and perspective in. I hope this is the case because we've been seen as a leader in physio (cryotherapy etc.), sports psychology, and data analytics over the last few years. We need a long-term plan, that includes trying new techniques and approaches. This means the backroom staff should be 'permanent' and not removed by influence of the managers. This gives them a chance to plan and set up the new systems. I would hope that this move is seen as positive within the club as I hope they either promote some of the young talent we have in the backroom, or bring in someone who has a pioneering approach.

Does anyone know if we replaced the sports psychologist? We need to, I feel the players confidence levels dropped when he was removed, and I don't see any evidence that it has improved.

• Like 3