Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

It concerned me at the time that all staff were becoming Rodgers men, if he leaves we need staff around who don't end up going with him. He was clearly popular here and our injuries got worse ever since he left, I'd have thought having someone around like him was key whenever management changes occur.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I was never clear why he left. It seemed a bit odd to say the least.

Apparently he was overstepping his mark by being a bit of a gossip and a stirrer. So was binned.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Stirring?

He was making comments re certain players being left out.... so for example (disclaimer this isn’t what happened it’s just a scenario I am making up to paint a picture) whilst discussing injury Dan Amartey Dave would suggest there was nothing wrong with him, and there’s no reason he’s being left out of the squad other than he’s out of favour.... for example. 

So he was essentially acting as an agony aunt, and the players would then think “there’s nothing wrong with me, so why am I not being picked”..... stepping on the managers toes so to speak. 

Allegedly he was also offering his opinions on the situation, which was not his job, his job was a medical professional, not first team coach. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1