Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

12 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

That took them a while to think up

There will be NDAs and privacy clauses around the whole thing but yeah this is bullsh1t. 

I’d file this particular club ‘line’ alongside Elvis Hammond’s (ankle) ‘injury’. 

Was Elvis Hammond (Ankle) a cover up then lol never knew that

I think Dave has a PhD which means he can go by the title Dr but he’s not an actual doctor. Not sure what the problem was with having a very highly qualified and experienced physio and a Club GP, unless it goes deeper than that which knowing Leicester, it probably does. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

I agree about the role Rennie could've played . The 'doc' ( Ian Patchett ) has retired . What happens when Rodgers goes ? 

I saw on the club website the DR is also a regular GP and DR at hospital.

Has he retired from LCFC?

1 minute ago, jamesmilner said:

No the 'doc' has not retired from LCFC !

Sorry, I thought that's what you said. "The doc has retired".

In my post the term DR refers to the club doctor and not Dave Rennie haha.

Edited by Fox92

22 minutes ago, Katy said:

I think Dave has a PhD which means he can go by the title Dr but he’s not an actual doctor. Not sure what the problem was with having a very highly qualified and experienced physio and a Club GP, unless it goes deeper than that which knowing Leicester, it probably does. 

If he has a PHd then he is an ACTUAL doctor. Physicians at Hospital haven't got the title doctor ring fenced. Anyone with a PHd is s doctor. The title Dr is awarded thorough completion of a doctoral programme and isn't unique to medicine. 

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

If he has a PHd then he is an ACTUAL doctor. Physicians at Hospital haven't got the title doctor ring fenced. Anyone with a PHd is s doctor. The title Dr is awarded thorough completion of a doctoral programme and isn't unique to medicine. 

ED5B11F2-9DBD-48EB-B164-8796453DE2B6.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I believe the medical use of "doctor" was actually taken from the original usage of having a PhD, given "doctor" comes from a latin word meaning "to teach". Doctor didn't become used in a medical setting until around the 1800's. Sure @HighPeakFox will be able to add a bit more to it than I have.

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I believe the medical use of "doctor" was actually taken from the original usage of having a PhD, given "doctor" comes from a latin word meaning "to teach". Doctor didn't become used in a medical setting until around the 1800's. Sure @HighPeakFox will be able to add a bit more to it than I have.

No doubt the two have been semantically linked from higher education offering less of a range of doctoral programmes and as a result the general public only getting exposed to medical doctors with any frequency. 

It must be Infuriating to be like DR and have your qualifications dismissed entirely out of hand as not a real doctor. Especially considering he's a doctor of a form of medical practice, too. 

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Ok. He’s not a medical Dr. My sister has a PhD in History. She uses the title Dr but is not permitted to perform lobotomies or things like that.

I’d forgotten how the spitting of hairs is a prerequisite to being a member of FoxesTalk. 

Just now, Katy said:

Ok. He’s not a medical Dr. My sister has a PhD in History. She uses the title Dr but is not permitted to perform lobotomies or things like that.

I’d forgotten how the spitting of hairs is a prerequisite to being a member of FoxesTalk. 

It's not splitting hairs it's being accurate.