Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Richard keys surprised no one has signed Deeney 🤣

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Wrong thread 🤣

Maybe we should ask what Richard Keys thoughts on PhD’s and the medical profession are. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Katy said:

I think Dave has a PhD which means he can go by the title Dr but he’s not an actual doctor. Not sure what the problem was with having a very highly qualified and experienced physio and a Club GP, unless it goes deeper than that which knowing Leicester, it probably does. 

People who have a PhD are doctors or philosophy and are called Dr.

People with a degree in medicine call themselves doctor - but they are not ... unless they have a PhD.  IT is a mute point if vets can call themselves doctors (unless they have  PhD)'

So - most medical doctors are not doctors... if that makes sense.

Hospital consultants call themselves Mister/Mrs/Miss - to avoid being confused with the "faux doctors".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

People with a degree in medicine call themselves doctor - but they are not ... unless they have a PhD.  IT is a mute point if vets can call themselves doctors (unless they have  PhD)'

Hospital consultants call themselves Mister/Mrs/Miss - to avoid being confused with the "faux doctors".

All medical doctors are doctors, most just don’t have doctorates.

Hospital consultants all go by Dr, unless they choose to become surgeons, in which case they revert back to Mr/Ms only after passing their final surgical specialty exam. 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Sounds to me like a few people are doctoring their titles....

16 hours ago, Katy said:

Ok. He’s not a medical Dr. My sister has a PhD in History. She uses the title Dr but is not permitted to perform lobotomies or things like that.

I’d forgotten how the spitting of hairs is a prerequisite to being a member of FoxesTalk. 

How quickly they forget. :rolleyes: :unsure: :whistle:

19 hours ago, Katy said:

Ok. He’s not a medical Dr. My sister has a PhD in History. She uses the title Dr but is not permitted to perform lobotomies or things like that.

I’d forgotten how the spitting of hairs is a prerequisite to being a member of FoxesTalk. 

I like to save mine up until I have a furball of significance....

God, we love a conspiracy don’t we. Dave Rennie has been made redundant. The redundancy process is probably based on the clubs need for a full time Dr. Said Dr would probably, based on his qualifications pull rank and more importantly be paid more then a head physio - that’s life. 

Rennie was probably asked do you want a new role in the set up but you’ll have to answer to the Qualified Dr we acquire (because no Dr is going to report into a physio). Rennie probably said no and the redundancy process was followed through. I don’t blame Rennie if that was the case, he’s an experienced individual but perhaps the Club felt they needed a different structure, which again, I can understand.

If the club looked to get rid of him because of leaks, player influence etc etc. That would be a genuine claim for redundancy process not being followed correctly - it could possibly amount to unfair dismissal. Restructuring of a department, which is occurring here, is a genuine process for redundancy.

I think we are looking a bit too much into this. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Katy said:

Is that splitting hairs with a scalpel? :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...