Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not being funny but Rennie was in the same role when Pearson's legacy fitness and sports science team helped Ranieri win us a league title in a year in which we pretty much had no noteworthy injuries. 

Is Rodgers not pretty renowned for the intensity of his training? 

Was just about to say the same thing. He was Head Physio in our title winning season when we practically received no injuries and had fantastic fitness.

Surely most if it comes down to luck? If Maddison fvcked his ankle he fvcked his ankle? 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

When we eventually sack Brendan he's going to take all his staff with him and we will be well and truly rogered.

This is true in the short run but our facilities will attract non playing staff much more than playing staff. I dont think it'd be a long term disaster 

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not being funny but Rennie was in the same role when Pearson's legacy fitness and sports science team helped Ranieri win us a league title in a year in which we pretty much had no noteworthy injuries

Is Rodgers not pretty renowned for the intensity of his training? 

18 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Was just about to say the same thing. He was Head Physio in our title winning season when we practically received no injuries and had fantastic fitness.

Surely most if it comes down to luck? If Maddison fvcked his ankle he fvcked his ankle? 

We were all on PEDs, obviously.

Surely there has to be more behind the scenes for this to happen? As others have said our injury record isn't actually that bad by all accounts and the graph above proves it. You can only assume its something else. 

I always felt like for the most part our players are pretty fit and healthy. Don't see why he should be sacked but presumably has to be more to do with it. If it is based on Chillwell and Madisons injuries then that will be a let down. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

A sacking to deflect the blame for a p155 poor post December season? This doesn't sit well with me, I'm surprised he has control over medical staff.

Not that I’m giving excuses as Rogers need to improve if he is to continue, but post December we were blighted with injuries to our most effective players, players that seemingly ‘recovered’ and then were out again Quickly - Vardy and Wilf. 

High intensity regime does also Correlate to the type of injuries we were getting but it would also make sense that the management look at restructuring the setup to counteract this if it wasn’t working. 

And if the rumour is to believed and Rennie was overstepping the mark then you’d expect consequences from that. 

• Like 1

Well we clearly weren't fit enough in the second half of the season as we completely lost that intensity.

That's hardly down to the Physio though is it? It's up to the manager and the wider fitness team to sort. I know this had been leaked already but it doesn't sit well with me.

Shame. I always liked him. Been here for so long.

23 minutes ago, Katy said:

I get a really bad feeling about Brendan, I don’t trust him. 

Hmm yeah. The comparisons to David Brent always make me wonder. I've got this image of Rodgers bringing in loads of his own staff so he can feel like nobody tops him, so to speak, given we've had people here like Rennie who have been at the club for so long.

• Like 1