Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Rodrigo De Paul

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

My cousin is a Leeds fan. He is absolutely convinced they’re top 4, he said they’re better than us when we won the league. And he seems to think they will win the league within three years. He was particularly angry when we won the league, he always says it was the worst PL in history. They’re a different breed Leeds fans. Genuinely think they were champions of Europe....

Probably the reason that most people away from the media were not happy when Leeds got promoted. Can’t stand them and not simply because of their delusions regarding their football side. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Probably the reason that most people away from the media were not happy when Leeds got promoted. Can’t stand them and not simply because of their delusions regarding their football side. 

First fixture of the season will hopefully bring them down to Earth a bit!

19 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The fact he is an Argentinian means it might not necessarily be a no brainer for him to choose us over Leeds. Isn't Bielsa like a God over there?

And yet he was probably responsible for the worst performance in Argentinian history in World Cup 2002, other than Maradona’s attempt. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

My cousin is a Leeds fan. He is absolutely convinced they’re top 4, he said they’re better than us when we won the league. And he seems to think they will win the league within three years. He was particularly angry when we won the league, he always says it was the worst PL in history. They’re a different breed Leeds fans. Genuinely think they were champions of Europe....

They’re not even close to us now let alone in 15/16 lol

32 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Sounds very similar outlook to Rangers fans, they constantly go on about how much better they are than us, how they'll win the league when there is no football being played then when the season starts we end up winning all the trophies! I believe they have "won" this years transfer window again lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCJ said:

Hope they get wolloped by the ‘pool. Something like the Norwich first game last season would do

Too easy. I want them to get a comfortable 2-0 win. Get the hype up to levels only Leeds fans could produce after 1 game and then not win another game all season and finish below derby's lowest points record. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Who would you rather work under? Someone that has never had any successful periods of longevity in a job and will probably leave about 6 months into his contract when things go to shit or someone who's just finished 5th in the Premier League with a mid table squad?

Leeds fans are deluded thinking Bielsa is married to them, it'll all go to shit and he'll leave like he does everywhere else he goes. He's a Ranieri type where it's great when everyone's on side but can't fix it when it goes wrong. 

Ironically Bielsa is Rodgers hero.

25 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Ironically Bielsa is Rodgers hero.

Aye, I think a lot of managers rate him very highly. He’s clearly very good because I’m still adamant that Leeds have a very average squad who just all work incredibly hard for each other. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Aye, I think a lot of managers rate him very highly. He’s clearly very good because I’m still adamant that Leeds have a very average squad who just all work incredibly hard for each other. 

Sounds like Leicester 2015/2016 :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I actually think De Paul would be a smart upgrade on Perez. 

I've written on here a few times how the role Perez played in our winning run last year was hugely under valued, he became kinda like the new Okazaki, where by he was hugely effective but in a very subtle way. 

He played a very shallow role sitting inside the wing linking up perfectly with Ricardo and Tielemans in a fantastic passing triangle. He understood the movement of the other two and he understood how to link up well with Ricardo and his movement. You contrast that to the absolute mess that was Chilwell/Barnes and the guys on the right looked practically telepathic. 

Perez is a smart player he just lacked a bit of presence, confidence and the class to take up to the next level. 

Everyone's looking for us to have an out and out wide forward, a quick, dribbling left footer on that right hand side. I don't disagree, that could definitely work, but I'd probably be just as happy with a kinda "wide playmaker" and De Paul could definitely do that. 

If you play someone there that's going to sit wider and hold that wide space, you're going to limit the spaces Pereira can run in to. 

We've tried it a fair few times with Maddison but Madders is just too slow and too important to us in the middle of the park to be dumped out there. But having YT AND Madders in the middle and a guy like De Paul put on the wing? Could be tasty. Think Ziyech at Ajax. 

Personally disagree, why do we want pereira running into space out wide? His crossing isnt particularly good, the majority of his best moments in a leicester shirt are when he moves inwards into the box, not when he's in the wide areas, playing a proper winger might allow him to move centrally more often. I also think that tielemans is worse off due to perez's narrow position as it congests the danger areas meaning there's less room for making key passes and less room for making runs into the box, something that we've seen too little of from him this season, for example look at the second goal vs arsenal, gray hugs the touchline which allows tielemans to push up into the space which leads to the goal. Also the second goal is a good example of pereira being better used centrally.

Edited by honeybradger

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Sounds very similar outlook to Rangers fans, they constantly go on about how much better they are than us, how they'll win the league when there is no football being played then when the season starts we end up winning all the trophies! I believe they have "won" this years transfer window again lol

Yea, I’ve met a few Rangers fans in my time too. I used to work with one and wound him up by saying they were Scotland’s AFC Wimbledon, and they’re not the real rangers. He used to get really really upset by that haha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Too easy. I want them to get a comfortable 2-0 win. Get the hype up to levels only Leeds fans could produce after 1 game and then not win another game all season and finish below derby's lowest points record. 

Yeah that’d do me:D

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I actually think De Paul would be a smart upgrade on Perez. 

I've written on here a few times how the role Perez played in our winning run last year was hugely under valued, he became kinda like the new Okazaki, where by he was hugely effective but in a very subtle way. 

He played a very shallow role sitting inside the wing linking up perfectly with Ricardo and Tielemans in a fantastic passing triangle. He understood the movement of the other two and he understood how to link up well with Ricardo and his movement. You contrast that to the absolute mess that was Chilwell/Barnes and the guys on the right looked practically telepathic. 

Perez is a smart player he just lacked a bit of presence, confidence and the class to take up to the next level. 

Everyone's looking for us to have an out and out wide forward, a quick, dribbling left footer on that right hand side. I don't disagree, that could definitely work, but I'd probably be just as happy with a kinda "wide playmaker" and De Paul could definitely do that. 

If you play someone there that's going to sit wider and hold that wide space, you're going to limit the spaces Pereira can run in to. 

We've tried it a fair few times with Maddison but Madders is just too slow and too important to us in the middle of the park to be dumped out there. But having YT AND Madders in the middle and a guy like De Paul put on the wing? Could be tasty. Think Ziyech at Ajax. 

Can't say I know much about him but, if the clips available of him are of his best, he flatters to deceive for me. Not unlike Perez, he appears to have plenty of technical ability but, whilst it's all very pleasing on the eye, it usually ends with little substance, just like Perez. Another all fur coat and no knickers player on first glance. Someone who appears to know a little more about him than me stated that whilst he's not without technical ability, he's easily knocked off the ball, sounds familiar, Perez part 2!