Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Rodrigo De Paul

BALLER

He’d be a great acquisition- plays our style of football and can do it anywhere across the midfield. Capable of stepping in or starting in PL, UEFA or cup anywhere needed across the middle and is creative, quick, skilled and constantly looking to go forward.

Its a yes from me all day long.

BALLER.

If we aren't going to sign an out and out winger then a player like De Paul would still improve us. Someone mentioned he's like Grealish and i'd agree, can play him anywhere in midfield and he stamps his authority on games. Both footed too, which means I could let slide not getting a left footed creative winger in. Still prefer Neres though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nick said:

BALLER

He’d be a great acquisition- plays our style of football and can do it anywhere across the midfield. Capable of stepping in or starting in PL, UEFA or cup anywhere needed across the middle and is creative, quick, skilled and constantly looking to go forward.

Its a yes from me all day long.

BALLER.

You’ve got me incredibly excited by this potential signing.

Going to be gutted when we end up signing Dan Gosling instead. 

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we aren't going to sign an out and out winger then a player like De Paul would still improve us. Someone mentioned he's like Grealish and i'd agree, can play him anywhere in midfield and he stamps his authority on games. Both footed too, which means I could let slide not getting a left footed creative winger in. Still prefer Neres though.

You could argue that because of that skill set he might be better than a winger because he can fit different systems. I’d agree with you in that I’d prefer an out and out winger like Thauvin, Stengs, etc but like you I wouldn’t be unhappy to see this guy sign, as he’s very good. He’s a bit like Coutinho when he’s deployed on the wing - doesn’t drive at or beat his man but still be massively influential and contribute to goals. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

This signing would improve our flexibility across formations immensely. 

In a 4-3-3 we could shape up like:

GK - Kasper, RB - Ricky P, CB - Evans, CB - Cags, LB - Castagne, CM - Wilf, CM - Youri, CAM - Madders, LW - Barnes, RW - De Paul, ST - Vardy

In a 5-4-1:

GK - Kasper, RWB - Ricky P, CB - Evans, CB - Cags, CB - New signing, LWB - Castagne, CM - Ndidi, CM - Youri, CAM - Madders, CAM - De Paul, ST - Vardy

In a 5-3-2:

GK - Kasper, RWB - Ricky P, CB - Evans, CB - Cags, CB - New signing, LWB - Castagne, CDM - Wilf, CAM - Madders, CAM - De Paul, ST - Vards, ST - Kelechi

Personally think this signing would be perfect. Like others have stated it would not surprise me if we switch between formations on a regular basis this year.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to sign a lad like De Paul then bring in another CB and a LWB who is more direct than Castagne for the games we decide to play with wing backs. Someone like Goosens or Ballo-Toure. If this is the case I personally reckon that would be the end of our spending for the summer, struggle to see us spending on a striker until January at the earliest.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2

Those bloody screenshot got me excited for a minute.

Barnes, Maddison, De Paul roaming behind Vardy. Youri behind them. Ndidi ahead of Soy and Benk. Ricardo and Timmy as wing backs. If you ignore the complete lack of width it might work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I confess to not knowing a whole lot about this lad, but the more you look at him the better the fit seems to be.  Reminds me a bit of Lallana - can play wide without being a true winger, can play as a #10, even a withdrawn striker.  Just a guy who creates chances wherever you put him.  The source link is a pretty reputable one, so maybe there's something to it.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I confess to not knowing a whole lot about this lad, but the more you look at him the better the fit seems to be.  Reminds me a bit of Lallana - can play wide without being a true winger, can play as a #10, even a withdrawn striker.  Just a guy who creates chances wherever you put him.  The source link is a pretty reputable one, so maybe there's something to it.

Perfect way to describe him. A "technician." Other similar players would include Isco, Coutinho, Bernardo Silva, KDB, David Silva. He's obviously nowhere near that level, but I'd say he's on a par with Maddison. Actually statistically he's better, but that's in a different league.

He'd fit into the style of play Rodgers likes for sure.He also likes to pass the ball forwards, which would make for a nice change to some of our players! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Perfect way to describe him. A "technician." Other similar players would include Isco, Coutinho, Bernardo Silva, KDB, David Silva. He's obviously nowhere near that level, but I'd say he's on a par with Maddison. Actually statistically he's better, but that's in a different league.

He'd fit into the style of play Rodgers likes for sure.He also likes to pass the ball forwards, which would make for a nice change to some of our players! 

Gerrimin!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, honeybradger said:

This guy is really good but we dont need him.

We need anyone who is really good. Maddison and Tielemans have been off it since January. maybe some proper competition will push them on as Praet certainly isn't a threat. This guy and Praet back to Italy would be a good all round move for me.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sounds like he would be a great signing then. Grealish is a very good player just the attitude and falling over all the time. Hope this develops.

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Realistically, that's about what he's worth.  35M is a lot, but I think it'd be a justifiable price.

I'd agree, but in a Coronavirus market, I can't see many teams stumping up £32-35M. It was revealed we paid £32m for Tielemans (all upfront I believe, "hence a discount"), so that would be a similar amount for us again. Bit of a risk given we haven't seen him play in England, whereas Tielemans had blown us away during his loan spell. 

Udinese are one of the Pozzo clubs though and Watford got relegated, so I could see them taking less (£25-30m), especially as the window drags on. So I do see him being sold this window, though not necessarily to us.