Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Rodrigo De Paul

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

My cousin is a Leeds fan. He is absolutely convinced they’re top 4, he said they’re better than us when we won the league. And he seems to think they will win the league within three years. He was particularly angry when we won the league, he always says it was the worst PL in history. They’re a different breed Leeds fans. Genuinely think they were champions of Europe....

As is mine. 

He was born in Nuneaton and grew up in Peterborough.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think he’s a bad manager by any means, he’s just stubborn (ironically... similar to Rodgers at times also) 

His methods are just proven to not be sustainable though and he lacks nous in the transfer market. I know typically he likes to coach his squads rather than sign players to fix them, which is commendable in this day and age, but Bielsa is always on the quest to create the perfect footballing side, and it’s physically and mentally impossible for everyone.

To sum it up, he knows what to do to be successful, but he doesn’t know how to sustain it and throws his toys out the pram, then the cycle continues elsewhere. I think Leeds fans are being very dismissive of the cycle applying to them. 

He wasn’t nailed on to carry on with them this season either. He had a few demands that he wanted assurances on or he was willing to walk. 

27 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

As is mine. 

He was born in Nuneaton and grew up in Peterborough.

Mine in from Leeds to be fair.... he often tells me Leeds is the greatest city on earth.... they’re just a touched bunch of people..... stuck in the 1980’s when it comes to football, I’m sure local police forces are over the moon with their return......

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Mine in from Leeds to be fair.... he often tells me Leeds is the greatest city on earth.... they’re just a touched bunch of people..... stuck in the 1980’s when it comes to football, I’m sure local police forces are over the moon with their return......

It is...imo 

Just now, Pliskin said:

I think there’s probably a few landmarks in Europe that may trump it.....

Hmm don’t think certain landmarks change how good a city is or isn’t. You could stick the Eiffel Tower in Hull and it still wouldn’t stop it being a shit hole. 

I do understand the point you were trying to make though. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I actually hate this link because when Leeds sign him they will be saying 'we beat leicester to him' when in reality we probably arent interested at all. 

In situations like this you just have to pray that he's an absolute flop.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

We all knew they’d do it but for the Leeds fans to be acting like Billy Big Bollocks before the season has started, that’s impressive even for them. 

Wolvesalona were as bad, didn’t a lot of their fans say they’d win it after a couple of years and comfortably achieve consistent top 4?

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Everything was better when they were in League 1 ( div 3) where they belong 

• Like 2

Just text my cousin saying “we’re poaching a player off you” he went on a rant about us being tin pot and a small club with one flukey season in our history of mediocrity... he also said Hernandez is four times the player Maddison is, who is a crap Grealish :nigel:

I did point out that we were also in the CL, to which he replied “but you had a crap group”. They are literally amazing......

Just now, Uncle Monty said:

Please tell me there are at least a few people taking sense on their forum?

Not sure I fancy confirming this one way or another, as it will certainly be like a football forum version of Deliverance in there

• Haha 1