Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Basically loves Erdogan and whenever Turkey launches a military offensive he has a tendency to make a political statement on the football pitch. 

This is problematic as Erdogan has looked up/killed many of his political rivals using the failed coup a few years back to justify it and Turkeys military offensives tend to be in violation of international law and have involved numerous war crimes.

The guy is way too controversial for my liking and I for one would prefer it if we looked else where.

Politics has no place in football and this guy doesn't understand that. 

And aren't Roma more left wing and Lazio right wing

26 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Basically loves Erdogan and whenever Turkey launches a military offensive he has a tendency to make a political statement on the football pitch. 

This is problematic as Erdogan has looked up/killed many of his political rivals using the failed coup a few years back to justify it and Turkeys military offensives tend to be in violation of international law and have involved numerous war crimes.

The guy is way too controversial for my liking and I for one would prefer it if we looked else where.

Well..... That's just not true anymore. Is it? 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Is that true for all players? I remember when I've seen leaked pay slips before it's been PAYE...unless they're fake lol

EO6ZFJyXkAA3OCg.jpg

Apparently all salary payments to players are PAYE!

11 minutes ago, January47 said:

And aren't Roma more left wing and Lazio right wing

Nah that's a bit of a myth Roma have plenty of fascist groups associated with the club and have been just as guilty as Lazio for rasicm etc. See the fairly recent stabbing of two spurs fans because they are perceived as a Jewish club as a recent example. 

• Like 3

Probably one of my least favourite left footed right wingers, but if we sign him then I hope he will be a success. He is fast and has a lot of skill and defensively he is good at interceptions, his end product is revolting though. 

Injury problems haven't helped him the last 2 seasons but we should be cautious on what we would have to pay, this sort of player screams a loan with an option to buy but no doubt Roma will get £20-25m out of us and we have to hope and pray he kicks on with us and improves. 

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I mean it should be and is. What are you referring to exactly?

It should be, you're right but currently every single game starts with a mass political statement. Don't get me wrong, it's a political statement I agree with but a political statement none the less. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

It should be, you're right but currently every single game starts with a mass political statement. Don't get me wrong, it's a political statement I agree with but a political statement none the less. 

I'm not sure I consider it political personally. The line between political and not is a very fine one. If we are considering the taking of the knee political I would argue that the wearing of the poppy also is equally so. For me neither are and they are both fine.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Erdogan is a horrendous Dictator, makes Trump look sane. imagine a player pulling out a MAGA hat to celebrate a goal, the outrage would be off the scale. 

Strange as Cags isn't that way at all and he comes across as very Apolitical a typical big city secular Turk. They're best mates. 

The political bull won't be accepted by the premier League so hopefully he'd keep it to himself and just play football. Especially as we do have a sizeable Kurdish community. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not sure I consider it political personally. The line between political and not is a very fine one. If we are considering the taking of the knee political I would argue that the wearing of the poppy also is equally so. For me neither are and they are both fine.

I would say he is being more patriotic than political. Not that I could ever be patriotic to a national leader like Erdogan.

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Erdogan is a horrendous Dictator, makes Trump look sane. imagine a player pulling out a MAGA hat to celebrate a goal, the outrage would be off the scale. 

Strange as Cags isn't that way at all and he comes across as very Apolitical a typical big city secular Turk. Their best mates. 

The political bull won't be accepted by the premier League so hopefully he'd keep it to himself and just play football. Especially as we do have a sizeable Kurdish community. 

But if they just brought out an American flag we’d consider them a patriotic American right?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Agreed. I'm not Kurdish, in fact I'm not even from the middle east im moroccan but i think it's clear under is an ultranationalist and I'd prefer not to sign him. What turkey is doing in Syria is terrible. They're using jihadis against Rojava, and the people's defense unit. Idc how good this lad is it'd be bad press to sign him and bad morally. Avoid 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, MPH said:

I would say he is being more patriotic than political. Not that I could ever be patriotic to a national leader like Erdogan.

It's on the line of acceptable or not. I just hope if he signs he keeps his beliefs to himself and focuses on his football. He's entitled to his own beliefs but I wouldn't like to see that behaviour when he's wearing a leicester shirt. When he's playing for the club he should be representing the values of the club and the wider city and salutes and gestures that he loves to partake in would not do that and would just alienate some sections of our support in my opinion.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Whats political about wearing a poppy,  its a symbol of remembrance wore by labour conservatives and everyone in between. 

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's absolutely political and my problem with it is it sets a standard. 

I know I'm going to catch some heat for this as it is a fairly extreme comparison but the only differance between taking a knee and a Nazi salute is opinion. 

Now I'm not saying that I think that anyone who does a Nazi salute is in anyway right, they are not but that's only my opinion and someone of a different one could easily look at things like the knee and see it as open game to express said opinion. 

Same with the poppy. Wearing it is accepted but not wearing it invites criticism when they are both simply expressing an opinion. 

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

Nah, that's not patriotism in my opinion. It's like being proud of the Iraq war. Something you really shouldn't support 

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I said I don't consider it political.

You were very ambiguous,  you said you could argue it was political but then said it isn't its fine.🤔

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Has this topic gone hot because of political drivel, or has something happened? 

If you look a couple of pages back things are looking promising on this deal but now his controversial actions while playing for Roma are bing discussed as some people (including me) are concerned about him bringing it to Leicester. 

• Like 1