Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Nah that's a bit of a myth Roma have plenty of fascist groups associated with the club and have been just as guilty as Lazio for rasicm etc. See the fairly recent stabbing of two spurs fans because they are perceived as a Jewish club as a recent example. 

This. Neither of them are "left wing" in the sense people mean when they think St Pauli or Rayo Vallecano. The closest thing you have in Italy is Livorno who are quite openly anti fascist. 

Roma are pretty apolitical these days, they're just made to look a bit more reasonable because Lazio have some of the most far right nutter ultras in Europe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Markyblue said:

You were very ambiguous,  you said you could argue it was political but then said it isn't its fine.🤔

The point is that I don't see either as political but if you consider taking the knee as political then wearing the poppy is equally as political.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's on the line of acceptable or not. I just hope if he signs he keeps his beliefs to himself and focuses on his football. He's entitled to his own beliefs but I wouldn't like to see that behaviour when he's wearing a leicester shirt. When he's playing for the club he should be representing the values of the club and the wider city and salutes and gestures that he loves to partake in would not do that and would just alienate some sections of our support in my opinion.

if he holds up a sign saying “ i support Erdogan” i agree with you but if he holds up a turkish flag then fair play to him. i consider that just being patriotic 

Just now, MPH said:

if he holds up a sign saying “ i support Erdogan” i agree with you but if he holds up a turkish flag then fair play to him. i consider that just being patriotic 

It was military salutes on the days turkey launched assaults in syria that caused controversy in Italy. Nothing to do with the Turkish flag, no issue with that. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

It was military salutes on the days turkey launched assaults in syria that caused controversy in Italy. Nothing to do with the Turkish flag, no issue with that. 

Now you’re getting into the realms of propaganda and lies... we just don’t know what was said in the Turkish media with regards to that..    what they were told to believe..  

im probably not explaining myself well here but just to say i’d not be an Erdogan supporter knowing what i know..

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

But if they just brought out an American flag we’d consider them a patriotic American right?

Bringing a flag of your country and outwardly supporting a murderous dictator are two very different things. I'm all for people being proud of where there from whether that Turkish or American, they'd have my full support of they pulled on a city shirt. 

Just keep the politics away, it's the football that brings people together. 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Basically loves Erdogan and whenever Turkey launches a military offensive he has a tendency to make a political statement on the football pitch. 

This is problematic as Erdogan has looked up/killed many of his political rivals using the failed coup a few years back to justify it and Turkeys military offensives tend to be in violation of international law and have involved numerous war crimes.

The guy is way too controversial for my liking and I for one would prefer it if we looked else where.

Politics has no place in football and this guy doesn't understand that. 

Soyuncu has also posed saluting for post match photo celebrating Turkish offensive along with the whole Turkey national squad. I dont think this will be an issue once he’s playing for Leicester