Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

Don’t want to spoil the enthusiasm and I’m not speaking with any knowledge of this lad, but don’t we already have a winger who is great a dribbling but has no end product and is apparently on his way out?

Also, would someone please explain to me why a loan with obligation to buy is good? If he turns out as a dud the that’s one he’ll of a costly mistake. It also smacks of us not having the money now and deferring the cost against future income which is worrying.

Nope? 

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

The YT highlights suggests there is some very poor finishing. It's not the assists that are converted that I'm interested in, but the number of chances he creates.

Agree. You can play a great ball and the dude at the end of it incredibly fluffs it in front of an open net, while you can get an “assist” by scoffing a terrible ball that somehow goes off your teammate’s backside into the net.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

Don’t want to spoil the enthusiasm and I’m not speaking with any knowledge of this lad, but don’t we already have a winger who is great a dribbling but has no end product and is apparently on his way out?

Also, would someone please explain to me why a loan with obligation to buy is good? If he turns out as a dud the that’s one he’ll of a costly mistake. It also smacks of us not having the money now and deferring the cost against future income which is worrying.

If you mean Gray.. Then he looks the part when dribbling and looks like hes about to go past players but then doesn't and fails. If this guy can beat his man first time repeatedly then hes already better than gray at that aspect of his game.

Fry's Turkish Delight Chocolate 51g x 21 BarsFry's Turkish Delight Chocolate 51g x 21 Bars

Double Turkish delight on the cards!

The signing is a gamble, but I think it's worth taking and it feels like the sort of signing we should be making. An attacking player with a lot of promise who is young and wants to get their career back on track. We could have signed better players, but I'd be far from disappointed with another Turkish international in the squad!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

saw some highlights on Youtube and looks like he could definitely make an impact. Not afraid to take on players, has the necessary skills and work rate and can setup Vardy with a good through ball too. If he was good enough for Roma we can make him "better, strong, faster!" we do have the technology :chant:

From what I can gather from Roma fans online, his biggest strength is his dribbling and shooting. 

We’ve been crying out for another dribbler in the first team. I think thats one of the reasons why we were linked with McNeil who was near the top of the stats for yards dribbled last season. Another dribbler like Eze who can play multiple positions would have been the cherry on top. 

Also apparently he’s got one hell of a shot on him, so instead of Gray hitting row Z we might have a winger who can get it on target! 

If he stays fit then I think it plugs a gap in the side.

Not the superstar we all wanted but better than what we have and, most importantly, is a genuine out and out right winger with a good left foot.

Happy with this than nothing and I think £25m is an acceptable price.

Now move onto a good centre half and I think we can look forward to the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Can anyone post the text of the Percy article please?

I didnt even pay i just stopped the tab loading before the pay wall popped up. but here it is 

Brendan Rodgers is close to making his second summer signing with the capture of Roma winger Cengiz Ünder. 

The Turkey international could fly into England for a medical in the next 48 hours as Leicester edge nearer to thrashing out a loan deal for the season.

Ünder is a team-mate of Çağlar Söyüncü at international level and is highly regarded in Serie A, with Rodgers offering him a big move to the Premier League.

Rodgers, the Leicester manager, has been determined to add wingers to his squad and admitted last Friday he was keen to introduce more "invention".

Ünder scored seven goals in his first season at Roma, though his progress in recent months has been held back by a succession of injuries.

The 23 year old could sign permanently at the end of the season as part of the agreement with the Italian club.

Leicester are confident of closing a deal before their game against Burnley on Sunday evening.

Rodgers has already signed Timothy Castagne from Atalanta for a fee of around £20million.

Leicester also have just over £20million to spend on a new centre-back, with negotiations ongoing with Saint-Etienne for Wesley Fofana.

Wilfred Ndidi filled in at centre-half in the 3-0 win at West Bromwich Albion on Sunday, due to an absence of defenders.

Jonny Evans is suspended for another two games, while Wes Morgan and Filip Benkovic are both struggling with injuries.

• Thanks 4