Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
splinterdream

What level are we at now???

Reserving judgment till the New Year!

The most significant X factor this season (apart from the reality of injuries, et al) would be how we deal with the added Europa League exertions - or rather how it deals with us. Traveling to Transylvania for a Thursday night game and then returning to play an always competitive EPL game on a Sunday would take some doing.

COME ON YER BEAUTIFUL FOXES! :scarf:

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Reserving judgment till the New Year!

The most significant X factor this season (apart from the reality of injuries, et al) would be how we deal with the added Europa League exertions - or rather how it deals with us. Traveling to Transylvania for a Thursday night game and then returning to play an always competitive EPL game on a Sunday would take some doing.

COME ON YER BEAUTIFUL FOXES! :scarf:

The Europa league will undoubtedly have an impact on our season. I'm yet to see a team navigate it without it having a negative effect on Premier league performances and results

13 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Not quite. It’s only 1 game thus far this season, but last season we couldn’t beat any of the top 4.

We were still capable of it, we should have beaten Chelsea in both games, we were unlucky to not get any points from Liverpool and Man City. We did beat Spurs and Arsenal.

19 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Same as last season, I think; man for man, our starting XI is probably third best in the league. Our depth is terrible, and we'll suffer in the latter stages of the season. Could finish anywhere from 2nd to 8th and I wouldn't be surprised. Massive, massive bonus if we get through these first five games in a great position and have Ricardo, Maddison, Evans, Ndidi, Under all coming back from various stages of injury/lack of fitness/suspensions to feel like new players though.

But getting better. Mendy and Praet are looking like new signings as they have upped their performance levels from last season (albeit early days yet), and the anticipated long run of games for Mendy (fingers crossed, injuries permitting) should do his confidence a world of good. Meanwhile, Under hopefully would raise the quality on the wide right flank, while a likely relegated Ayoze would deepen quality and options on the bench, and afford Brendan more tactical flexibility.

We still definitely need an additional high-quality CB option and perhaps an additional backup higher up the pitch, but we are already looking deeper than last season - until the Europa League (and the likely inevitability of injuries) come into play.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain... said:

We were still capable of it, we should have beaten Chelsea in both games, we were unlucky to not get any points from Liverpool and Man City. We did beat Spurs and Arsenal.

Stark reality of course is that our team could be better than last season but still end up in no better position, because the teams around us have also gotten better.

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Stark reality of course is that our team could be better than last season but still end up in no better position, because the teams around us have also gotten better.

Fair point.

But to give balance, Man City are arguably worse, Chelsea signed Chilwell, while Slabhead at Utd can't offer a good defence:ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Fair point.

But to give balance, Man City are arguably worse, Chelsea signed Chilwell, while Slabhead at Utd can't offer a good defence:ph34r:

Naughty! lol

Chilly is still likely an upgrade over Alonso on recent form, and Man City will get their walking wounded back (apart Reuben Dias and any other new signings). 

Seriously having visions of the Europa League final, with Wes and Fuchs having to "do a Terry" to be in the winners photo on what could be their farewell. 

such a run would have a serious impact on league though, can see them being shattered by the run in, fielding patched up sides and falling away by a few places (sounds a bit familiar). Good enough for 5th, could end up 7-9th.

On 28/09/2020 at 05:07, splinterdream said:

So, 3 wins out of 3 and top of the league, adapting to changes in formations, new signings yet to play, possibly more to come.....

What level are we at? 

a top 4 side, top 6, are there other teams that could threaten our position? Leeds, Everton?

Do we need to strengthen further or stick with what we have?

Will we have any of the bigger clubs coming in for our talent? 

Let’s not get carried away. Let’s come back in 10 games’ time.

The most important factor on Sunday was that the victory involved four ‘squad’ players or not necessarily first choice. 

Might seem pragmatic but this season for me is just about getting it done. Love us to concentrate on the cup competitions and let the points just tick over for mid table. 

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The most important factor on Sunday was that the victory involved four ‘squad’ players or not necessarily first choice. 

Might seem pragmatic but this season for me is just about getting it done. Love us to concentrate on the cup competitions and let the points just tick over for mid table. 

I actually disagree - I think this season is a massive opportunity in EPL and EL.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I actually disagree - I think this season is a massive opportunity in EPL and EL.

I am talking from the angle as a match going fan if I’m perfectly honest.

I totally get the argument that this is an opportunity where the ‘order’ can be shaken. I just don’t see our current squad depth capable to sustain. From October 22nd, it’s a game every three to four days until late January. 

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I am talking from the angle as a match going fan if I’m perfectly honest.

I totally get the argument that this is an opportunity where the ‘order’ can be shaken. I just don’t see our current squad depth capable to sustain. From October 22nd, it’s a game every three to four days until late January. 

Appreciate that. Just got a sneaky feeling we might be getting the balance between not enough and Chelsea'd out about right - the Goldilocks squad, if you will.

• Like 1

MASSIVE !!:scarf:

Were competing with the big boys now on a smaller budget this season we’ve bought in Castagne under and Fofana, whilst we’ve seen Castagne hit the ground running we’ve seen and heard amazing things about Under & Fofana and may they do the same as Castagne ?

Still think tho we need to bring in a quality striker to back up Vards who whilst he still looks like he can go for ever will have to reduce his game time, so we’ll need to find on our budget a beast of a goal scorer who can learn from the master Vardy !

we still have a long way to go but we’re doing bloody amazing and what we did to Man City on Sunday was just Exceptional may we keep having superb performances and results like that, to say what level we are it’s what we make of this season we have the ability to finish top 3-4-5 who knows but we’re going the right way and may it continue to keep going the right way !

Onwards & Upwards in Leicester City we Trust !! 💙🦊💙🦊

Edited by justfoxes

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I agree with you. EPL and EL we have a huge chance. EL we should get to the QF at least. We’re 6th favourites too win the thing! I think sacrificing the League Cup was ideal. Fa cup unless a very good draw should be same treatment until the QF.

• Like 1