Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I hate how people on here change their minds so often. Three weeks ago I swear the majority on here wanted him sacked lol 

the majority being people who thought we was going to be in relegation battle, how could you even think we would be in a relegation battle we finished 5th

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waylander said:

Probably you . but I’m a very positive optimistic on here glass always full . 😜

Definitely wasn't me, at the end of last season I was being almost universally attacked by people on here for defending the decision to nominated Rodgers for manager of the season 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

the majority being people who thought we was going to be in relegation battle, how could you even think we would be in a relegation battle we finished 5th

I know it's ridiculous. I suggested in one thread that we should aim for top six and had 3 or 4 saying that there's no chance we'll even stay up. It's amazing how fickle some people can be regarding football. 

• Like 1

He's the type of manager, a type that's quite rare in top-flight football, that believes he's got great managerial credentials already - but knows he needs to learn from his past mistakes in order to succeed more in those situations in the future (a great example for the latter would be his success yesterday at Manchester City, who his previous sides failed to beat over many games - and he admitted to the media afterwards that he learnt a new system after failing others he deployed against such teams).

Also he rarely complains about poor officiating and other club's players (unlike the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp), and so seems very grounded in himself in terms of how he wants to be positively perceived in his professional conduct.

Apparently, he has an excellent relationship with all the players in the squad and looks after them as 'individuals' (such as giving them advice in-person alone and also talking about any issues they may have and thus giving them his supportive views up-front; so that the players feel valued as both players and people) - another aspect that's very important to have as a success manager, alongside the obvious in terms selections, tactics etc - that certain managers at other clubs don't have as their managerial strengths e.g. Mourinho.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

I'm definitely glass half full with us as evidenced by the fact I couldn't understand the thread about players who you thought were going to be rubbish, as I've never signed a playing expecting them to be awful, maybe underwhelmed.

But, I don't think you can escape the fact he really cost us last year. He made baffling decisions and let his ego get in the way. It's just one game but yesterday was a marked improvement and something we haven't seen before. Admission of his faults after the game and after the first 30 mins, the balance between positivity and negativity was struck perfectly. He didn't get too clever with his tactics and have a very different approach but much more simple game plan for the players to follow.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We were in piss poor form in last years run in.. not sure if it was relegation form though :dunno:

The fact he's willing to change is a massive one for me obviously that's only gonna be vs select teams that you would say could potentially play better football than us but it's seriously massive, mixing the 15/16 counter attacking style with the silky football is deadly and we could seriously do something this season if we aren't unlucky with injuries and such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LCFOX92 said:

The fact he's willing to change is a massive one for me obviously that's only gonna be vs select teams that you would say could potentially play better football than us but it's seriously massive, mixing the 15/16 counter attacking style with the silky football is deadly and we could seriously do something this season if we aren't unlucky with injuries and such.

Yes really appreciated seeing the long pass for vardy and Barnes. A breath of fresh air. 👍

• Like 1

He is a great manger; I hope some of the doubters realize this now.

Listening to his interview yesterday it just reiterated to me that he is thoughtful and articulate, you can see the players respect him, and that he is a clever guy with tactical insight and a positive mindset that really contributes to a really positive team spirit.

Evolving the squad? Haven't we signed like, one decent player since he joined? Plus it's three games. 

It was natural to be worried and have doubts after a catastrophic ending to the season, we looked so bad and he didn't seem to have a clue how to change it. It's so nice to hear him analytical of himself yesterday and it's a huge tick in his box, I was worried he was too stubborn. But he's shown he's willing to learn and improve and that's all you can ask. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Evolving the squad? Haven't we signed like, one decent player since he joined? Plus it's three games. 

It was natural to be worried and have doubts after a catastrophic ending to the season, we looked so bad and he didn't seem to have a clue how to change it. It's so nice to hear him analytical of himself yesterday and it's a huge tick in his box, I was worried he was too stubborn. But he's shown he's willing to learn and improve and that's all you can ask. 

Difficult to suggest that the players haven't improved since he joined.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Difficult to suggest that the players haven't improved since he joined.

The squad was full of loads of young players and people making the step to this league for the first time, you'd be a really bad manager not to get a bit extra from them when they've bedded in. 

I'm not suggesting he hasn't improved him, said he was my choice before he signed and said he'd be the perfect fit and was happy to boot Puel out the door the second he looked available. But I took evolving the squad to mean in terms of signings, which I can't agree with (yet).