Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Love how people criticise his starting line up after the game has concluded and we've lost. Every week. 

How about criticise the team news when it comes out before KO.

To be fair, there were a few people identifying it as a defensive line up which is a frustration at home against a team we should be beating 6 or 7 times out of 10.

Personally, given the injuries, I wasn't too upset about the line up at the start.  To be honest, I thought it gave us good flexibility.  I thought we would start with three at the back but with Amartey we had the option of pushing him into the middle and switch to a back four.  And that is where the problem lies.  Despite flexibility in the line up, there is little or no flexibility in the game.  At half time today we were 2-0 down so I was keen to see how he'd change it after the break...  What happened?  Nothing.  We just kept doing the same thing and hoping for different outcomes.  We should have at least changed our shape to 4 at the back.  A better option might have been to sacrifice Amartey (who I actually thought defended pretty well) and Perez.  Go 442 bringing on Iheanacho and Under.  Or even switch Amartey to left back and take JJ off who was particularly poor today.

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

The one area that BR hasn't mastered is the connection with the fans IMO. 

If you ask BR I'm sure he thinks he has a great relationship with the fans but he's just so predictable.

I haven't heard his post match interview yet but it'll probably contain:

- West Ham deserve credit.

- We didn't move the ball quickly  enough first half

- it isn't a lack of effort, we just couldn't get going today for whatever reason

- I thought we improved second half. 

-We'll learn from this and move forward

Sometimes I want to hear real honesty. Call out the players for being shocking, admit you went with the wrong set up. 

He's too nice and safe in the media and this is highly frustrating when we require a kick up the backside.

I don’t think his relationship with the fans is an issue. As for publicly outing players there’s no real need for it, I’m sure Brendan will tell the lads in the next training session what they have done wrong. I’m not a fan on outing players for bad performances, you wouldn’t announce in front of an office if someone’s performance is poor, you added it professionally in the right way. 

He says what he needs to say in interviews and that’s fine, and I can assure you he won’t be skipping into the next training session. 

None of us really know what he is like behind the scenes, and he probably prefers to give criticism constructively rather than the old school Warnock rollocking.

Edited by Pliskin

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this was clearly a repeat of last seasons slide, in respect of performance!!!

our fragility just seemed to spread throughout the team and one by one the players quality just dropped. We can't keep using the too young excuse,we were set up incorrectly and had a far too high a backline allowing them to run off us and once again Rodgers failure to adjust before half time effectively reduced the time we needed to get back into the game. Rodgers change of style last week should have been tempered and implemented against the top four who will look to press and play their own attacking game.  We just can't allow the space behind with a high line and it made our defence look like a shambles which on todays performance it clearly was.

Where as I agree with you that we should have probably ordinarily changed the system today Rodgers did the right thing. It wasn’t the system that failed it was individual performances. With no Maddison and no Praet his options were limited. He couldn’t throw under straight into the side as he probably wasn’t ready, and Albrightons days as a key player are numbered. So he went to added security at the back and Justin and Chestnut to provide the width. Unfortunately both mentioned has pretty piss poor games, between Chestnut and Amartey Antonio was given far too much restpect, and Bowen made Justin look like a pup player. 

There wasn’t a single player out there today who put in any more that a 5/10. Defensively there was a mistake a minute, the midfield was a useful as a dam made of wet tissue paper, Perez had possibly his worst game for us.

Rodgers can’t be wholly held responsible for that, the game plan went to shut when Cags ****ed up and made a hash brown out of defending. After that collectively we just never improved. Youri was constantly losing possession, Mendy was all fart no shit, Perez as mentioned was absolutely gash and Barnes and Vardy had little to work with.

We are a team, we no longer have the Mahrez who can just produce a bit of magic from nothing to win games, one or two key players have an off day and that’s it, it’s game over. 

For me it’s a collective issue, age whether we like it or not is a factor. It’s one of the youngest sides in the league and today there were one or two not old, but experienced heads in that West Ham side, and it showed. We will have days like this, but we will also have days like last weekend. As long as we are somewhat consistent and don’t go on any awful runs we should be fine. 

13 hours ago, Corky said:

Fairweather manager. Will smack a few then throw in these clueless performances where we offer bugger all in any area of the pitch. How can we barely have a shot at home against a bottom half team? 

Fed up of these lifeless displays where the opposition keeper barely has to move. 

Fairweather is the bang on word to describe us. It's been the case for a long time.

When we're bad we're truly awful. People slam the reactions on here but no shots on target at home to West Ham is simply embarrassing and a disgrace. They won't have that happen again to them all season.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, waylander said:

Again the knockers were out . But he is definitely getting his hands round the situation I think . Some beautiful displays it could have gone either against villa too. Sooo pleased to beat the Arsenal's at home 👍😊

I think this is a good point, if that Villa game ends 0-0 it's disappointing but equally it's 0-0 against a team that's started brilliantly. 

The West Ham game is an anomaly, to be honest we've turned up against teams like that in the past after being a bit rubbish so it shouldn't come as any surprise to us to see the odd random result like that against us.

Leeds is a huge game, naturally he will want to revert to 4-1-4-1 (or whatever we are calling it) but.... away at Leeds who have started well and have clear strengths i'd be tempted to put out a similar line up to yesterday!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think this is a good point, if that Villa game ends 0-0 it's disappointing but equally it's 0-0 against a team that's started brilliantly. 

The West Ham game is an anomaly, to be honest we've turned up against teams like that in the past after being a bit rubbish so it shouldn't come as any surprise to us to see the odd random result like that against us.

Leeds is a huge game, naturally he will want to revert to 4-1-4-1 (or whatever we are calling it) but.... away at Leeds who have started well and have clear strengths i'd be tempted to put out a similar line up to yesterday!

Think we have had a great start . Arsenal only lost to man city and Liverpool. And beat west ham . So all round we are doing rather well and seem to be improving on many front. Hopefully Leeds keep attacking and we serve them up like man city . 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2020 at 18:35, waylander said:

Think we have had a great start . Arsenal only lost to man city and Liverpool. And beat west ham . So all round we are doing rather well and seem to be improving on many front. Hopefully Leeds keep attacking and we serve them up like man city . 👍

Ha ha my prediction last week. Rogers is really showing some class with his defence down to the bones . Him and the players pull of a master class. 🥳🥳

22 minutes ago, waylander said:

Ha ha my prediction last week. Rogers is really showing some class with his defence down to the bones . Him and the players pull of a master class. 🥳🥳

He's a perfectly capable manager. His latest shift towards a more pragmatic and tactical approach is evidence that he is able to compromise and analyse the correct way of tackling various teams. 
He won't always be right, but as a fan, I feel confident that BR and his team are doing their homework and are able to get their tactical message across to the players.
It's particularly pleasing to see that no player has been completely dropped or been performing at a substandard level. We seem to be able to produce the goods more often than not.

• Like 1

I have been staying away from here as some of the nonsense in recent times has been embarrassing, especially regarding Brendan Rodgers being "under pressure".

Fair play to BR for some of his tactics, performances and major victories this season. Also when we messed up at the end of last season and IMO that was 95% down to the lockdown and the craziness that went with it, most clubs would be in a hangover for the next campaign but our lot are flying despite the packed fixture list and endless injury list to key players.

Lets hope his detractors dont resurface when we go on an inevitable drop in form (like most clubs). Keep it Going Brendan!!!!

• Like 4

I'm staring to see the bigger picture now and credit to Rodgers.

I think the fitness of the side is up there with the best in the league, yes, there's a trade off perhaps with some injuries but I believe these intense training sessions and the high workload are allowing us to play the systems he wants effectively. There's a fine line between winning and losing and I think the exceptional energy we seem to have at the moment through the majority of the games is the difference. We saw yesterday Liverpool and Man City were both spent in the second half. 

The systems we are playing are so fine tuned and the knowledge of them are embedded in all of the squad. This is allowing even what we might consider fringe players to go out and win games we should be struggling in. 

I've been critical of Rodgers in the past but I think he's the type of coach that believes so much in his system that when it doesn't quite go right he still believes in it and won't budge. Maybe I've called this "his ego talking" in the past but I'm starting to learn I need to be more patient.

So many poor and rude posts post lock down when things didn’t go right for us, he took pelters on this forum, some of it justified analysis but much of it hysterical childish garbage that one gets  from “super fans” On radio shows.

Rodgers is a winner he is driven by success he is obsessed by standards and improving them, he is clearly a man of deep personal quality and integrity of the highest order, but with that is a touch of arrogance as all great men have a touch of arrogance I’ll happily accept it from him. We have much to be grateful for he has given the club an identity and base, we were missing this for so long, he has helped develop new structures and opportunities that will last beyond his time with us, the new training complex, the ground re-development, his commitment to the cause with signing a new contract all shows that again our future is burning bright. I know his time with us may be limited he is ambitious and the likelihood is one of the “super clubs” will come for him, but If we are winning trophies and supporting him on and off the field then maybe his ambitions can be fulfilled here, why not ! 

all in all quite possibly the best manager in my lifetime following LCFC, And interesting the 2nd best was also a Northern Irish man. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Rodger's criticism was stupid, and seemingly an exercise in confirmation bias.

Team's dip post-Christmas seemed to be largely circumstantial. Chilwell suffering physically (and mentally) coupled with Ndidi and Maddison's injuries. Post-lockdown, the majority of teams looked out-of-sorts. 

Never thought I'd see the day where Leicester fans are moaning about finishing a PL season 5th!

58 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

The Rodger's criticism was stupid, and seemingly an exercise in confirmation bias.

Team's dip post-Christmas seemed to be largely circumstantial. Chilwell suffering physically (and mentally) coupled with Ndidi and Maddison's injuries. Post-lockdown, the majority of teams looked out-of-sorts. 

Never thought I'd see the day where Leicester fans are moaning about finishing a PL season 5th!

It’s the same thing as when you have a chance to win £1M for example, but you get a question wrong and finish up with £250k. Still an amazing prize but you always wonder what could have been...

I’ll admit I thought along those lines. Would have loved to see us the the CL again. However, at the start of last season I would have taken 5th in a heartbeat. Being in Europa League is also good for our younger players who haven’t experienced European football yet, and I think we could go much further in this competition than we would in the CL which surely will be good for building experience and confidence. Brendans done a great job so far this season in the face of so many injuries and a compacted schedule. We may fall off the pace again, and if so then so be it, but I for one will be less critical in future as I think I can see the big picture now and can see that season-upon-season we are slowly but surely getting better

Edited by car1os
  • Like 1