Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

Fair play to Rodgers. I'd have happily seen him leave at the end of the season. It seemed like he'd lost the team and didn't have any idea how to get out of it. As has happened many times under the clubs current ownership, he was given an opportunity to learn from his mistakes and improve on them. It looks like he's grabbed it with both hands and stepped up another level. To handle the current injury crisis the way he has is a tremendous credit to him and it shows that he's capable of changing his thinking. My biggest concern was that he would be unwilling to shift in his thinking, but the flexibility he has shown so far this season is very impressive.

What I hope now is that we can continue to look impressive for the entirety of the season, if he can manage the team successfully and deliver when the pressure kicks in towards the end of the season, it'll show massive growth from him as a manager and elevate him to the level where he will be earning his 200k a week. Based on the fact we seem to have found a system that allows us to look compact and tight, while having a genuine threat going forwards, I see no reason why we can't go on to have some success this season. I think a lot comes down to mentality though, so I will hold off judgement on that till the end of the season.

Really can't fault him in the past six games- a very hectic schedule with injuries and tough games. To win them all with a mixture of grit and determination along with serious flair shows real quality.

He really seems to be enjoying the job again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Really can't fault him in the past six games- a very hectic schedule with injuries and tough games. To win them all with a mixture of grit and determination along with serious flair shows real quality.

He really seems to be enjoying the job again.

Put this on another thread, certainly he is making better choices than taking Nach off at half time against Bournemouth A last season:

I also think Brendan has absolutely done an amazing job over the last 6 games managing the squad and more than bought us time till the cavalry arrives next month, whats amazing is that over the last 6 games which players have performed badly, they are all playing well at the same time repeatedly.  Might not win the title as its very competitive with Liverpool & Man C but again top 4 is a massive shout and I think the players and Brendan have all learnt how to manage the situation, an exciting 30 games beckons.  We have a very very very good squad, lets hope they all stay happy, motivated and confident.

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

Fair play to Rodgers. I'd have happily seen him leave at the end of the season. It seemed like he'd lost the team and didn't have any idea how to get out of it. As has happened many times under the clubs current ownership, he was given an opportunity to learn from his mistakes and improve on them. It looks like he's grabbed it with both hands and stepped up another level. To handle the current injury crisis the way he has is a tremendous credit to him and it shows that he's capable of changing his thinking. My biggest concern was that he would be unwilling to shift in his thinking, but the flexibility he has shown so far this season is very impressive.

What I hope now is that we can continue to look impressive for the entirety of the season, if he can manage the team successfully and deliver when the pressure kicks in towards the end of the season, it'll show massive growth from him as a manager and elevate him to the level where he will be earning his 200k a week. Based on the fact we seem to have found a system that allows us to look compact and tight, while having a genuine threat going forwards, I see no reason why we can't go on to have some success this season. I think a lot comes down to mentality though, so I will hold off judgement on that till the end of the season.

its a good job you aren't in charge then. :D

Perhaps worth recalling how wrong you were next time we have a hiccup.  You're not alone in not thinking through how much of what you think you believe to be the case is, in reality much more likely to be just things you are making uip in your own mind.

Sorry if this comes over as a pop against you - not really intended that way even though I know it seems so. I just couldn't wordsmith the point I wanted to make better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Put this on another thread, certainly he is making better choices than taking Nach off at half time against Bournemouth A last season:

I also think Brendan has absolutely done an amazing job over the last 6 games managing the squad and more than bought us time till the cavalry arrives next month, whats amazing is that over the last 6 games which players have performed badly, they are all playing well at the same time repeatedly.  Might not win the title as its very competitive with Liverpool & Man C but again top 4 is a massive shout and I think the players and Brendan have all learnt how to manage the situation, an exciting 30 games beckons.  We have a very very very good squad, lets hope they all stay happy, motivated and confident.

...this is very much a repeat of the start of last season, regarding form and results!!!

When we are flying we look very good, the big change at this moment is, we are not playing with our best players but the way that the players cover for each other is like 20/13 and 2015/16. You get the feeling that we are just about invincible and the togetherness that the squad is famous for has once again come to the fore.

Not only is he improving many of the players with their mentality, he has also seemed to have learnt from his past mistakes/so-called 'failures' - and thus these two combined are having a great effect.

Am just glad he doesn't whinge about the referees, VAR - unlike the majority of the league's other club managers like to do.

2 hours ago, Jacnah said:

its a good job you aren't in charge then. :D

Perhaps worth recalling how wrong you were next time we have a hiccup.  You're not alone in not thinking through how much of what you think you believe to be the case is, in reality much more likely to be just things you are making uip in your own mind.

Sorry if this comes over as a pop against you - not really intended that way even though I know it seems so. I just couldn't wordsmith the point I wanted to make better

Haha no worries mate! I agree with you :D

End of the season I said either I'd be happy for him to go or if he stays I want the board to back him no matter how this season went.

I think he's improved as a manager in the past 2/3 months and hes not the first person to improve when given the chance to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Haha no worries mate! I agree with you :D

End of the season I said either I'd be happy for him to go or if he stays I want the board to back him no matter how this season went.

I think he's improved as a manager in the past 2/3 months and hes not the first person to improve when given the chance to.

....yes he has evolved into a more flexible manager and we are profiting from this!!!

Likewise Puel had his shortcomings and I will suspect would not have been willing to make the changes that we could all see that was required and he holds himself back, because in so many ways he is an excellent manager. His dogmatic and inflexibility did not allow us to go forward as a unified group and his man management skills alienated him from the squad.

A few weeks ago Rodgers was not too far from Puel, minus the man management problem.

22 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

So many poor and rude posts post lock down when things didn’t go right for us, he took pelters on this forum, some of it justified analysis but much of it hysterical childish garbage that one gets  from “super fans” On radio shows.

Rodgers is a winner he is driven by success he is obsessed by standards and improving them, he is clearly a man of deep personal quality and integrity of the highest order, but with that is a touch of arrogance as all great men have a touch of arrogance I’ll happily accept it from him. We have much to be grateful for he has given the club an identity and base, we were missing this for so long, he has helped develop new structures and opportunities that will last beyond his time with us, the new training complex, the ground re-development, his commitment to the cause with signing a new contract all shows that again our future is burning bright. I know his time with us may be limited he is ambitious and the likelihood is one of the “super clubs” will come for him, but If we are winning trophies and supporting him on and off the field then maybe his ambitions can be fulfilled here, why not ! 

all in all quite possibly the best manager in my lifetime following LCFC, And interesting the 2nd best was also a Northern Irish man. 

What a cracking post . The whole club is doing an amazing job. We are having a hell of a season and we dug in against wolves and got the win . Lots of bottle being developed in this squad. And star man a 19 year old new signing. 🥳

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mentioned a team bonding break sometime over the summer, where the players wrote down their view on last seasons tailing off. All were given exercise books, so no word limit then!

Rodgers said: “We went away to The Grove for some team building and part of it was looking at why we had such a fantastic season and then just fell short.

“It was a case of understanding it rather than ignoring it. It was something that helped. We looked at it honestly and openly and it was asking the players a serious question and their response was good.

“Rather than dwell on it, it was then in the past and allowed us to build a great base to look forward to the challenges.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-leicester-brendan-rodgers-exorcism-23043105

I'd give any money I had to see what Vardy, Evans etc wrote. Probably something about it being insane to go 'toe to toe' with the big boys, especially away from home.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t really know where to post this but I’m disappointed in Rodgers U-turn on the 5 subs rule. 

Just because we have the squad to take advantage of it, doesn’t make it right. 

It boosts the big clubs ability to hoard even further. Really hope the club doesn’t echo his thoughts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I didn’t really know where to post this but I’m disappointed in Rodgers U-turn on the 5 subs rule. 

It boosts the big clubs ability to hoard even further. Really hope the club doesn’t echo his thoughts. 

I agree -- I do wonder if some of the senior players have been asking for it, and if that plays a role.

11 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I agree -- I do wonder if some of the senior players have been asking for it, and if that plays a role.

I think he’s just looking at our squad and seeing the potential we have when everyone’s fit. But you’ve simply got to look at the big picture. 

Yes it might help us this year, but it will probably hinder us in future years. 

We saw saw last season how much it helped Chelsea, man united, man city. It gave them an extra tool to dismantle hard to break down sides that often sneak a point 

Edited by Lambert09

11 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Mentioned a team bonding break sometime over the summer, where the players wrote down their view on last seasons tailing off. All were given exercise books, so no word limit then!

Rodgers said: “We went away to The Grove for some team building and part of it was looking at why we had such a fantastic season and then just fell short.

“It was a case of understanding it rather than ignoring it. It was something that helped. We looked at it honestly and openly and it was asking the players a serious question and their response was good.

“Rather than dwell on it, it was then in the past and allowed us to build a great base to look forward to the challenges.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-leicester-brendan-rodgers-exorcism-23043105

I'd give any money I had to see what Vardy, Evans etc wrote. Probably something about it being insane to go 'toe to toe' with the big boys, especially away from home.

We went toe to toe with the big boys? At Old Trafford we were really timid, we didn’t go for it enough. At the Etihad we showed them too much space. Chelsea we could and should have beaten at Stamford Bridge. Spurs and Arsenal were post break and we were quite cagey. 

We just ran out of steam last season I think which exacerbated any other problems 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

He knows what is best for the squad. He works with them every day.

Personally I think we've benefitted from five subs in Europe.

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

We went toe to toe with the big boys? At Old Trafford we were really timid, we didn’t go for it enough. At the Etihad we showed them too much space. Chelsea we could and should have beaten at Stamford Bridge. Spurs and Arsenal were post break and we were quite cagey. 

We just ran out of steam last season I think which exacerbated any other problems 

:plancque:

22 hours ago, Corky said:

Just because it suits us this season doesn’t mean it will next year. 

Its always going to be an advantage to the bigger clubs. we don’t want to be the foolish club that goes along with it becacue it works for us in this current moment. 

Once it’s done it will be hard to go back. Look at the bigger picture mate 

• 2 weeks later...

Just as the moaners come out we turn it round in blistering style. But it was only the bottom team we beat 0-4 . We are having a cracking season enjoy the moments. Let the losses make you appreciate the wins . And please let’s be happy with some of the best football this club has ever seen played. And respect the fantastic manager we have . Who is already looking like one of the best managers we have ever had. :wub::trumpet:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, waylander said:

Just as the moaners come out we turn it round in blistering style. But it was only the bottom team we beat 0-4 . We are having a cracking season enjoy the moments. Let the losses make you appreciate the wins . And please let’s be happy with some of the best football this club has ever seen played. And respect the fantastic manager we have . Who is already looking like one of the best managers we have ever had. :wub::trumpet:

447975678_FTCARD.thumb.jpg.2730f950ac8c2ee934fbbf38861ea3c1.jpg

• Haha 2

On 21/11/2020 at 18:27, Corky said:

I agree it's benefitted in Europe because the kind of teams we have played we probably have better squads than. It goes without saying that it suits the teams with the biggest and best squads, not sure anyone can deny that but it will help all teams at certain stages as the fixtures list is a bit crazy. 

Respect or no respect, Rodgers needs to start earning his money and lift this squad of players who at the moment at underperforming, the lack of form shown by just about every player in the last 2 games is worrying and he is in charge of getting them playing again, fans have every right to be elated when we play well and win and equally disappointed when we lose and play poor. Hopefully we kick on from today and get back up that Premier League table and top our Europa League table...

Up the City...:scarf: