Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Pace

With the signing of fofana and Castagne, it seems clear that we are set on creating an athletic and very pacy back 4. This is where the modern game is headed. 

this will enable us to play a higher line with cags and fofana also able to cover behind the progressive fullbacks. 

cags and fofana will be the fastest Cb’s pairing  in the prem alongside VVD and Gomez.  I realise that Evans is still in our no 1 CB pairing but we will surely develop cags and fofana as a starting option over the next twelve months. Against the weaker teams, we will be able to press v high with these two. 

add the speed of Barnes and under and the quickness of vards’ mind, even if his pace has dropped off just a bit beyond the first ten yards 

v exciting ........

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With the signing of fofana and Castagne, it seems clear that we are set on creating an athletic and very pacy back 4. This is where the modern game is headed. 

We are Leeds

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

this will enable us to play a higher line with cags and fofana also able to cover behind the progressive fullbacks. 

cags and fofana will be the fastest Cb’s pairing  in the prem alongside VVD and Gomez.  I realise that Evans is still in our no 1 CB pairing but we will surely develop cags and fofana as a starting option over the next twelve months. Against the weaker teams, we will be able to press v high with these two. 

add the speed of Barnes and under and the quickness of vards’ mind, even if his pace has dropped off just a bit beyond the first ten yards 

v exciting ........

Also Under to come. (Don’t know how to do the umlaut).

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

v exciting ........

Don't forget how rapid Ünder is too, we are looking at being a frightening prospect.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

v exciting ........

I’ve always been obsessed with having pace and it is definitely the way the game is going, but you still have the odd Dyche shaped curve ball to deal with !!

Pace is essential in modern day football

Its crucial.

BUT pace without a footballing brain is nothing 

I remember Franz Carr. One of the quickest wingers the game has possibly ever seen, but his ‘final product’ was usually appalling.

He just didn’t look up.

What we look to have at City at the moment is both. Which is a great sign.

Castagne isn’t slow by any means and looks to be a very intelligent player

Vardy, of course, has pace and a very alert footballing brain.

Where we need to develop is Barnes... all the pace to burn but still young and needs to ‘look up’ more. But this will come.
And it will be interesting to see if Under has both. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Its crucial.

I remember Franz Carr. One of the quickest wingers the game has possibly ever seen, but his ‘final product’ was usually appalling.

He just didn’t look up.

Where we need to develop is Barnes... all the pace to burn but still young and needs to ‘look up’ more. But this will come.

I think given he picked out Vardy with 2 passes in one game that both led to penalties, he is improving in this area!

2 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I think given he picked out Vardy with 2 passes in one game that both led to penalties, he is improving in this area!

Definitely getting better

I was talking more about previously where he can go into that mode of direct running without always thinking where he can deliver the ball

I have huge hopes for Barnes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Its crucial.

He just didn’t look up.

And what did Dimi say when you gave him this speech?  :huh:

• Haha 1