Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

4 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Inter Milan are offering Christian Eriksen out on loan back to the Premier League before tonight’s deadline and are willing to pay half his wages.

Leicester should be all over this 

If that’s true, he would be seriously ideal for us

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Inter Milan are offering Christian Eriksen out on loan back to the Premier League before tonight’s deadline and are willing to pay half his wages.

That's crazy. I can't believe it's worked out so badly for him there. I would be happy to give this a go, and who knows, getting to play with Kasper could be a draw... 

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I am confused about whether we are or not. The list shared on here I think includes Fofana within the 25 man squad, but surely he doesn't need to be registered because of his age? If not, that leaves us one spare slot, and potentially another if Gray were to move on. 

I believe that is the case regarding Fofana, but I think it also depends on what we do with Dewsbury-Hall as he is too old to be classed as u21 so he either needs to be registered in the squad or loaned out

• Like 1

The opportunity to get someone like Eriksen would be incredible, even if it stretched us financially in the short term. It would give us a huge injection of end product but with everyone fit it's likely Maddison AND Praet would be on the bench, unheard of.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I am confused about whether we are or not. The list shared on here I think includes Fofana within the 25 man squad, but surely he doesn't need to be registered because of his age? If not, that leaves us one spare slot, and potentially another if Gray were to move on. 

Fofana needs to be registered as a senior for the EL because he's not an academy player, so we're at our limit (23 players or 24 with KDH) in the EL. We'll have to leave 2 out (likely Ndidi and Jakupovic), but both can be in the PL squad, as can KDH given Fofana is U21 for PL.

Essentially, we're definitely at our limit without an obvious departure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Anyone got Congertons mobile number?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Squad is full even after they leave, we would need even more to leave to be able to fit with the squad registration rules of the Prem and Europe

If and it’s a big if, we lose Slimani And Gray on top of Ghezzal Chilwell Silva then we would be short of numbers, just not worth getting in unless of a sufficient quality and I believe that’s where the problems is

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The opportunity to get someone like Eriksen would be incredible, even if it stretched us financially in the short term. It would give us a huge injection of end product but with everyone fit it's likely Maddison AND Praet would be on the bench, unheard of.

Would we be shooting ourselves in the foot then? I think it's clear from yesterday that it is so important for Castagne and Praet to be working together. I love the thought of Erikson, but it might be a case of our eyes being bigger than our bellies! It was very unfortunate having both him and Madders injured at once, but most of the time we should have at least one available. 

• Like 2

I think this is why we won’t see anything from us today in terms of incomings, today will just be sales and loans out, then if we do go for someone we will target a Championship player

Edited by moore_94

People getting rowdy over Eriksen? Don't get it. He's looked doggo coming off inter's bench, which should come as no surprise considering how he downed tools and all but gave up at spurs. 

Surely we've got enough decent play makers now when madders is back without spunking a couple hundred grand a week on this quitter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I think this is why we won’t see anything from us today in terms of incomings, today will just be sales and loans out

Any players we sign from the EFL after today can't play in the Europa League, so I think it's unlikely we will spend big money on someone like Cantwell, Buendia, Benrahma etc. if we can't get it done today.

Those outside the top 7 will be in a much better position to go after those top Championship players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think this is why we won’t see anything from us today in terms of incomings, today will just be sales and loans out, then if we do go for someone we will target a Championship player

If we were considering anymore signings we'd want them done today so they can play in the EL. I think we are done barring any unusual set of events today.

4 hours ago, simon789us said:

After yesterday’s debacle we need 2 Centre backs left back and midfield cover 

After yesterday's debacle a new squad and manager wouldn't go amiss in knee jerk territory but after man u and Liverpool results I'm happy to accept we hit a wormhole in space to an alternate dimension and hope we go back soon with some bonuses of a cure for cancer and covid actually being good for us in some way! 

Accepting that, I am actually relatively calm, expecting nothing much but hoping for an exciting random development to keep me up too long this evening watching sky sports news on loop. 😱😂😎🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

For me it would be a risky move as if we wait till 2mora we’ll be competing with the rest of the prem teams which will only see the players price sky rocket

I actually think Errikson would be a good idea however unlikely it is. Praet is the only box to box midfielder we have. Let's say Mendy gets injured right now and you have Choudhury left. Choudhury can't play every 4 days in that intense role particularly tracking back whilst creating play going forward. (Choudhury is no good going forward)

Investing in that role (Cantwell being an option) would be something I'd advocate in terms of flair going forward and tracking back.

5 minutes ago, simon789us said:

no more in comings brenda said as much

Did he not say more outgoings than incomings?... not that I think we’ll see an influx in players but I’d hope we’d be able to pull off at least loan or 2 (bit ambitious)

1 minute ago, FOXYTALK said:

Sign a big b*stard up front FA or loan for depth/europa league. Need plan B and C in games. Also for injury cover someone like Gotze/Jannessen etc

what.... you mean someone like ...... ahhh...... Slimani (6ft 2in) ... what a brilliant idea!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just watching sky sports news, tuned in for what should be the most disappointing deadline day ever (but it's quiet at work so why not) 

Do we read anything into Rob Dorsett being at the King Power stadium? Not that I rely on Rob Dorsett, but have sky heard anything about potential movement? Or have they just stuck him there so he's getting paid for doing something today rather than sat his pants all day at home tweeting everything he reads on here??

Hope he’s got network bars on his phone so he check FoxesTalk for his information on what’s happening

Feel like Brendan needs to force the issue here if we are going to get any transfer traction today.

Instead of analysing something boring, or whenever he does, he should leave his office, get in his SUV and conspicuously drive past Rob Dorset and give a rogue, window down interview saying he needs ‘2 or 3 more players’. It’s an old gambit, but whatever they are doing now isn’t working, and that would provide sky with the 30 seconds of footage they need to fill the next half hour of coverage. 

• Haha 1