Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Everton seem to be making all the smart buys, Ben Godfrey is a great buy for them for only 25m for a 22 future england player. He been really good for Norwich and has a professional hardworking attitude. Ancelotti knows what type of player he wants and Everton are playing really good fooball. He's sorting out their defence now and just needs to get rid another piece of deadwood thats Pickford.

I think they’ve  recruited extremely well this window. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

If and it’s a big if, we lose Slimani And Gray on top of Ghezzal Chilwell Silva then we would be short of numbers, just not worth getting in unless of a sufficient quality and I believe that’s where the problems is

No, we won't be short of numbers. Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal are all surplus that we've been trying to shift for ages. They don't need replacing - we just need to get them off the wage bill. Chilwell has already been replaced by Castagne. Gray, I'll grant you, could be replaced, but we still wouldn't be short without him, as the 25 man squad is full as things stand without him in it.

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

That's quite a lot for an u23s signing?

To be fair we are seeing players like Fabio Silva, Fofana and Traore (guy Man Utd are signing) go for £30m+ with them all playing less than 30 games

Just seems to be the way that the market is going that a highly rated youth player can’t be snatched up for a few £100k anymore

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Isn't that overplanning though when 2 people for the same position are both injured? 

When sven wanted 2 for each position it seemed overkill at the time. I appreciate we are probably there now but 3 for each position is obviously impossible bearing in mind the 25 man rules.. 

I do appreciate some positions are more important than others but it is like finding a better replacement/back up for vardy. There won't be many takers for a 3rd choice imo. 

I don't see an extra creative CM as 3rd choice - he'd be 2nd choice for either no.8 position in a way. If you try to pick a second XI, I think the 4th choice no.8 is a glaring weakness. It is bad luck to have both Maddison and Praet injured at the same time, but I think we are in slight trouble whenever we lose any one of Tielemans, Maddison or Praet. Suddenly, there's no-one on the bench to bring on in their positions for any reason, and we're in danger of running the other two into the ground with regular 2 games a week. Maybe KDH can be the player we need, but he wasn't in the squad yesterday, so perhaps BR doesn't think he is that player or isn't ready yet.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

it would probably be like 1m now, then 1m when he makes his first team debut... maybe we are binning Hirst.

Hirst will be 22 by next summer, unless he has a really good season with Rotherham he will probably just end up out on loans again until his contract ends and then binned off

This Faghir lad are the kind of players we should have playing for us in the u23s

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, Edingleyfox said:

Both Everton and Villa have really strengthened this window so no surprise they are doing well. I am not sure where the money is coming from. We certainly need another goal scorer but cannot see anything happening

They really are. Didn't Villa spend £100 million when they first moved up to the premiership, and then even more in the january transfer window? You have to wonder when it's going to catch up with them. Mind you, we could have spent a lot more if we weren't building the new training ground. 

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Everton seem to be making all the smart buys, Ben Godfrey is a great buy for them for only 25m for a 22 future england player. He been really good for Norwich and has a professional hardworking attitude. Ancelotti knows what type of player he wants and Everton are playing really good fooball. He's sorting out their defence now and just needs to get rid another piece of deadwood thats Pickford.

They have one of the best DOF’s in the world and a manager who anyone would want to play for which certainly helps. 

Oh and a bucket full of oil money lol 

Good to see them finally spending it wisely 

• Like 1