Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

Just watching sky sports news, tuned in for what should be the most disappointing deadline day ever (but it's quiet at work so why not) 

Do we read anything into Rob Dorsett being at the King Power stadium? Not that I rely on Rob Dorsett, but have sky heard anything about potential movement? Or have they just stuck him there so he's getting paid for doing something today rather than sat his pants all day at home tweeting everything he reads on here??

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Thats why someone like Cantwell could be an option as he is equally as comfortable playing wide left and attacking midfield. It all rests on Gray going obviously but that extra option to cover for Barnes and bring some creativity from the bench would be nice. Highly doubtful though, maybe we will go for Walcott on loan, another who could play in a few positions.

Is this true? Isn’t part of the reason for releasing Silva, Slimani, to get the large wage outlay off the ledger, and someone like Cantwell would be on a fairly low (comparatively) wage? So yes we may spend more than the Chilwell money, but be better off overall due to wage reduction?

Just now, Jimbo said:

Just watching sky sports news, tuned in for what should be the most disappointing deadline day ever (but it's quiet at work so why not) 

Do we read anything into Rob Dorsett being at the King Power stadium? Not that I rely on Rob Dorsett, but have sky heard anything about potential movement? Or have they just stuck him there so he's getting paid for doing something today rather than sat his pants all day at home tweeting everything he reads on here??

Nah, he was always gonna be there as always. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is this true? Isn’t part of the reason for releasing Silva, Slimani, to get the large wage outlay off the ledger, and someone like Cantwell would be on a fairly low (comparatively) wage? So yes we may spend more than the Chilwell money, but be better off overall due to wage reduction?

I mean in terms of space in the 25 man squad. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

We might still be paying Silva a proportion of his wages, unlikely due to the free but you never know. Also debatable if you're better off. 

Silva and Slimani is £8m a season in wages. Signing Cantwell for £15m and paying him £4m per year isn't really a saving. 

We also need to pay for infrastructure, so I'd imagine much of the saving in wages is earmarked for that. Our wages are way too high for our income and we also have losses to account for this season due to Covid. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Loans can be done after today yes? No chance anyone takes Slimani off our hands for a fee today so it's going to be a loan. 

No, the only deals (including loans) that can be done after today are to the EFL from the Premier League.

Slimani will go for free on a permanent this afternoon, he can't go on loan because he's out of contract in June.

I think Gray needs to go for his own sake as much as ours. He is undoubtedly talented but it hasn't worked out for whatever reason. If we could get in Cantwell as a result, that would be worth a gamble. But would he come? I think our understandable focus on Vardy upfront makes it difficult for us to attract attacking players. 

14 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

No, the only deals (including loans) that can be done after today are to the EFL from the Premier League.

Slimani will go for free on a permanent this afternoon, he can't go on loan because he's out of contract in June.

OK as long as he's gone I'm not too fussed. Never getting a fee for him anyway, need his wages off the books. 

Another horrific signing, on a personality level as much as anything else which is weird as we normally get that spot on.