Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

The only way we sign another player for the first team squad is if Gray is sold, as mentioned here: 

Or if we think "**** him" he has chosen to sit out his contract. We can choose to get someone better for the squad. Not like it does us any harm. 

If I'm Norwich I don't let Cantwell go this end of the transfer window for anything less than 50m. You're banking on him to get you back to the Prem, his value is immeasurable and what are they gonna buy now to replace him? 

Would cost a fortune. 

3 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Or if we think "**** him" he has chosen to sit out his contract. We can choose to get someone better for the squad. Not like it does us any harm. 

But Rodgers clearly rates him and the club offered him a new contract which he's turned down. If he stays the club will use him just as they did last season (off the bench) and he'll see out the contract.

In theory I would be very interested in Loftus Cheek, but I suspect he's one of those who is really going to need a good run of game time to get back to his best (hence them sending him out on loan). I am not sure we could offer that. 

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

OK as long as he's gone I'm not too fussed. Never getting a fee for him anyway, need his wages off the books. 

Another horrific signing, on a personality level as much as anything else which is weird as we normally get that spot on. 

If there's one Athletic feature I'd like to see in years time it's how we managed to so spectacularly mess up the summer of 2016. Breaking our transfer record three times, with all three being absolute duds (poor Papy Mendy is starting to rebuild that reputation though!)

Easily set us back about three years to where we are now.

9 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

But Rodgers clearly rates him and the club offered him a new contract which he's turned down. If he stays the club will use him just as they did last season (off the bench) and he'll see out the contract.

The I think "clearly rates him" is relative. A new contract means we get a better price. 

The match day squads shoe me that he clearly doesn't rate him, but that is just 2 different perspectives from the same info available. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Do think we will sign a central midfielder it’s clear as daylight we need an attacking option when the likes of Praet / Maddison are missing we struggled, so maybe one more wouldn’t hurt us. 

Isn't that overplanning though when 2 people for the same position are both injured? 

When sven wanted 2 for each position it seemed overkill at the time. I appreciate we are probably there now but 3 for each position is obviously impossible bearing in mind the 25 man rules.. 

I do appreciate some positions are more important than others but it is like finding a better replacement/back up for vardy. There won't be many takers for a 3rd choice imo. 

25 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not got Sky. Where is he, Belvoir Drive or down on Freeman's Wharf? 

He standing in Filbert Street.  He is unaware we moved to the KP and is looking for the Carling stand.

• Haha 1

Here's a list of current free agents that might tempt Brendan:

Fabio Borini (an old favourite of his)

Arnaud Lusamba

Mario Mandzukic

Mario Götze

Daniel Sturridge 

Daler Kuzyaev

Choupo-Moting 

Shinji Kagawa

Kevin Mirallas 

Jose Callejon

Aleix Garcia 

Guiliano 

8 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Isn't that overplanning though when 2 people for the same position are both injured? 

When sven wanted 2 for each position it seemed overkill at the time. I appreciate we are probably there now but 3 for each position is obviously impossible bearing in mind the 25 man rules.. 

I do appreciate some positions are more important than others but it is like finding a better replacement/back up for vardy. There won't be many takers for a 3rd choice imo. 

That's why versatile players are so important in the squad, being able to play 2 or 3 positions is hugely handy. We've got European Games this season too, so that adds another 6-12 games as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I still think we are 2/3 players short

especially when Ghezzal Silva Chilwell already gone and Slimani Gray also ? Surely we will be short ok numbers especially for Europe?

Short in numbers or short in quality? If we want to bring 2-3 more in, we'd also need to lose 2-3 more such as Gray, Choudhury, Albrighton?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Arnaud Lusamba

Mario Mandzukic

Mario Götze

Daniel Sturridge 

Daler Kuzyaev

Choupo-Moting 

Shinji Kagawa

Kevin Mirallas 

Jose Callejon

Aleix Garcia 

Guiliano 

I would possibly take Gotze on a deal that has clauses regarding injuries in it

Choupo-Moting has managed to get himself a move to Bayern, his agent is unreal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

especially when Ghezzal Silva Chilwell already gone and Slimani Gray also ? Surely we will be short ok numbers especially for Europe?

Squad is full even after they leave, we would need even more to leave to be able to fit with the squad registration rules of the Prem and Europe

9 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

You say this as though Ghezzal, Silva and Slimani were used last season?

From the group that ended last season we've lost Bennett (not really a loss!) and Chilwell. We've added Castagne, Under and Fofana.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Arnaud Lusamba

Mario Mandzukic

Mario Götze

Daniel Sturridge 

Daler Kuzyaev

Choupo-Moting 

Shinji Kagawa

Kevin Mirallas 

Jose Callejon

Aleix Garcia 

Guiliano 

I thought Choupo-Moting was going to Bayern?

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would possibly take Gotze on a deal that has clauses regarding injuries in it

Choupo-Moting has managed to get himself a move to Bayern, his agent is unreal

Hahahaaa target men in their 30's become niche players. I honestly think Slimani would have gone to Spurs if they failed to get the lad from Benfica. 

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Inter Milan are offering Christian Eriksen out on loan back to the Premier League before tonight’s deadline and are willing to pay half his wages.

Leicester should be all over this 

:schmike:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Squad is full even after they leave, we would need even more to leave to be able to fit with the squad registration rules of the Prem and Europe

I am confused about whether we are or not. The list shared on here I think includes Fofana within the 25 man squad, but surely he doesn't need to be registered because of his age? If not, that leaves us one spare slot, and potentially another if Gray were to move on.