Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Cantwell wouldn't need to be done today anyway would it? 

Nope, got until 16th October to sign players from the Championship or below

So realistically if we do have a target in the Championship we can spend today just trying to get rid of the deadwood, then still plenty of time to get them if we want to

But as above, European squads have to be confirmed tomorrow so would also depend on if we want to include them in that

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leeds are getting a winger from Rennes, so I can’t see them going after Gray as well

If he is going to a Prem team it has to be today, he can only go to Championship teams after today, this new domestic window you can’t deal with other Prem teams

Raphina? I cannot believe Rennes are selling him, they have a lot of money themselves and CL football. Just shows the pull of the PL, madness.

Although nothing will probably happen in terms of players coming in today, I think yesterday highlighted we are painfully short of creativity in midfield without Maddison and Praet. I'm not saying we should sign someone just for the sake of it, chances are we're not going to be missing both players at the same time for most of the season, but with the extra games this year it would be good to see someone signed to fill in and rotate. That way, hopefully, we shouldn't be too rigid with the extra option of changing tactics and formation, rather than trying to make do. 

Perez is quickly becoming a sort of utility player than unfortunately doesn't seem to excel in any one position.

I think every other position should be sorted, especially with Ricardo due back sooner rather than later 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Impact player when Barnes tires in games, play instead of Maddison or Praet. 

I don't want to upset you on a Monday morning Ric, but I think they've also signed Jeremy Doku as his replacement lol

Edit: meant to quote re. Raphinha and Rennes - my bad

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Raphina? I cannot believe Rennes are selling him, they have a lot of money themselves and CL football. Just shows the pull of the PL, madness.

Looks like Rennes are signing that highly rated Doku to replace him

13 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I don't want to upset you on a Monday morning Ric, but I think they've also signed Jeremy Doku as his replacement lol

Edit: meant to quote re. Raphinha and Rennes - my bad

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like Rennes are signing that highly rated Doku to replace him

I might actually have a little cry

• Haha 1

We usually add three or four youth players per year and so far have signed Zach Scott and the French/Thai lad. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two come in there today.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if anyone came in beyond a youth prospect for the u/23's or so. Beyond the usual Ghezzal out on loan, Slimani out and possibly Gray I don't think anything major will happen in the first team.

Edited by LCCFox96

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Do think we will sign a central midfielder it’s clear as daylight we need an attacking option when the likes of Praet / Maddison are missing we struggled, so maybe one more wouldn’t hurt us. 

No... you can't go out and buy expensive players just in case two players happen to get injured. It's just unlucky to lose two players in the same position.

• Like 3

JJ isn't cutting the mustard at LB.  We need a natural left footer there to overlap with Barnes.  Its been said that we may look to players that have perhaps lost their way a little after early promise.  With that in mind, i'd like to see us go in for Luke Shaw.  As poor as he's been for Utd especially yesterday, he has got ability and I think Utd has basically been a toxic pit for players the last few years.

They've just signed Telles so a loan with option to buy could be good business. 

• Like 1

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

JJ isn't cutting the mustard at LB.  We need a natural left footer there to overlap with Barnes.  Its been said that we may look to players that have perhaps lost their way a little after early promise.  With that in mind, i'd like to see us go in for Luke Shaw.  As poor as he's been for Utd especially yesterday, he has got ability and I think Utd has basically been a toxic pit for players the last few years.

They've just signed Telles so a loan with option to buy could be good business. 

Shaw would cost loads and JJ is not the heir apparent to LB anyway, that’s Castagne.