Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ghezzal - Gone!

Besiktas feels like a good fit for Ghezzal's ability level and playing style, and somewhere where he could have a good career and earn decent money whilst playing regularly in Europe too. I'm pleased things seem to be picking up for him and, from our perspective, if we can get a fee for a 28 year old cast off then that makes perfect sense. Hopefully he continues to impress between now and January/the summer to earn a few more admiring glances and extra pound notes on the price tag. 

• Like 1

Just now, urban fox said:

Ok wasn't sure. Hope its true that they re keen on him then. I reckon we would be happy to recoup a few Million and release his wages so would be a decent bit of business if we can.  Personally i hope he does well for them and gets a deal. Actually quite liked the bloke, shame he wasn't quite up to snuff for us but did feel he got a bit of a raw deal and got a lot of stick for stuff that was not his fault and was found guilty by association with Puel.

Agree totally. I think a couple million and wages off the books is a reasonable expectation if he continues to impress this season. Never had a problem with Ghezzal's attitude, and like you say he was mired by making most his appearances in the peak Puel era. Unfortunately though he was just not was required for a PL level - never mind compensating for Mahrez leaving - and didn't bring much to the party.  It's telling that Rodgers cut him out of the first team picture almost instantly. Hopefully he gets his move and all parties can move on.

• Like 3

On 07/10/2020 at 18:39, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah another useless puel signing like Ricardo, Tilemans, Soyoncu, Maddison, Evans..... 

Wait a minute!!! 

Puel did admittedly sign some gems - with a little help from his friends. 

On 07/10/2020 at 17:37, gw_leics772 said:

We're still trying to shoehorn a £30m golden shiny turd into our team though. 

Talking of which, what has happened to Slim in recent weeks since his being recently reintroduced as a part of Brendan's 'latest' plans? - maybe he's waiting in the "Plan C" pen now??  

3 minutes ago, Guy said:

Talking of which, what has happened to Slim in recent weeks since his being recently reintroduced as a part of Brendan's 'latest' plans? - maybe he's waiting in the "Plan C" pen now??  

He played U23's other night against West Ham when Gray scored.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

He played U23's other night against West Ham when Gray scored.

Thanks for the update, although I'm still wondering if we've seen the last of Gray and Slim as being anywhere near 'regulars' now.....perhaps being utilised in the U23s and being kept on here is to allow for a long season ahead that's likely to continue on with injuries in the way it has for us so far....especially with European and FA Cup involvement to come.... 

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

2 assists in his 5 appearances so far. Need January to come round so we can cash in before the assists dry up and they realise he's bobbins.

He’ll do alright consistently there I think. Not going to work here but Beskitas could work for him long term.

On 02/12/2020 at 23:43, sacreblueits442 said:

...he was poor as always....rubbish ball control and looked leaden footed!!!

To me 'Slim' was a classic case of a friend/fellow compatriot's recommendation (Mahrez) that went very wrong! I personally can't believe we still haven't sold him but maybe the club doesn't want to sell him off cheaply in these cash strapped times - given what the club shelled out for him in 2016! In short he cost the same fee as what we paid for 6 Kantes or 60 Mahrez's basically - a sobering stat alone!!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, sternenlicht said:

is there any possibility for Leicester to keep Ghezzal after his loan ends? Curious as a Beşiktaş fan. 

He's surplus to requirements so every chance. For reference we have Ünder on loan here who can't get a game in the same position.

How highly do you rate Ghezzal from what you have seen of him so far. €4m would probably get him, do you think Beşiktaş would pay that for him?

He never found his grove at Leicester. He clearly has talent but looked like he didn’t want to be at the club. 

He was panned before he arrived for not being Mahrez basically. That Everton game on New Year’s Day was one of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen though.

Clearly just needed a fresh start and hopefully he’s now got that at Besiktas.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

He's surplus to requirements so every chance. For reference we have Ünder on loan here who can't get a game in the same position.

How highly do you rate Ghezzal from what you have seen of him so far. €4m would probably get him, do you think Beşiktaş would pay that for him?

I think he’s doing quite alright. We have a stricted squad and he’s kinda shining among them.

I don’t know how much Beşiktaş is willing to pay since they’re financially broke. 😅 I just read that they’ll be negotiating and wondered if Leicester had any intention to keep him. 

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

I was wondering how he was getting on and just assumed he’d still be woeful and made a couple of sub appearances.. however.. 10 assists in 16 games! How?! Rachid De Bruyne tearing up the Turkish Superliga, bring the Algerian prince home 👀

Yeah and it’s not only the assists, he usually plays well and takes initiatives. No don’t take him 😂

Forget the players we’ve let go snd still had in the first place. Great timing losing all of these wages off the wage bill and having the greatest summer of free agents available to us. We can really safeguard the club this summer by spending about £50m on Edouard/Under/ and then Thauvin/Otavio on a free

24 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Forget the players we’ve let go snd still had in the first place. Great timing losing all of these wages off the wage bill and having the greatest summer of free agents available to us. We can really safeguard the club this summer by spending about £50m on Edouard/Under/ and then Thauvin/Otavio on a free

I agree. We've done very well this season at finally offloading the vast majority of the deadwood. Only Ghezzal and Matty James remain, I think. Morgan and Fuchs will probably be retiring, as well. There will be a lot of cheap or free players about this summer, and if we're sensible, we should be able to do some great business.

I'm not sure we'll be buying Under. He could still go on to have a great half season for us, but as things stand, I can't see us paying ~£20m for him, especially when there'll be much cheaper options out there soon.