Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ghezzal - Gone!

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Just another poor signing in a litany of poor signings.

You really think we're bad in the transfer market?  In the past 5 years we've 5 sold players for c£250m who cost us a total of £25m. Yeah, Ghezzal was a gamble that didn't pay off and we've had other bad signings but overall I can think of few clubs who have done better in player recruitment than us since we got promoted. 

• Like 4

Poor bloke was on a hiding to nothing from day one.  We knew he wasn't good enough before he got here, shamefully booed on to the field and none of this was his fault.  It was clearly Congerton's fault even though he wasn't here at the time.

I wish him well in Turkey.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Puel insisted on Ghezhal and bypassed the recruitment process with him.

Firstly, he has no right to insist on anything of the sort if the club don’t want to. The recruitment process saw us linked with and bid on a large number of wingers prior to his signing. I’m sure we all remember the nonsense with Jahanbakhsh, before the last minute signing of Ghezal.

I’ve no doubt he suggested him. But to me it stank of us not being able to get someone in that we’ve scouted, thus meaning Puel chucked a name into the hat.

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Imagine being distinctly bad at football but still having played for Lyon, Monaco, us, Fiorentina and Besiktas. Fair play to him, he'll probably do alright out there - issues weren't attitude based.

Sure all those clubs scouting networks have it wrong, and some bloke with Alan Brazil on his forum profile picture is right :ph34r:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nettle said:

Puel signing and was crap before he came and still is crap and he'll be back next summer because he is crap. 

Not sure I am getting your point here, it’s a bit indecisive  lol

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Firstly, he has no right to insist on anything of the sort if the club don’t want to. The recruitment process saw us linked with and bid on a large number of wingers prior to his signing. I’m sure we all remember the nonsense with Jahanbakhsh, before the last minute signing of Ghezal.

I’ve no doubt he suggested him. But to me it stank of us not being able to get someone in that we’ve scouted, thus meaning Puel chucked a name into the hat.

I don’t think the recruitment team would have been thanked for bringing Jahanbakhsh in either - he’s arguably worse 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

I don’t think the recruitment team would have been thanked for bringing Jahanbakhsh in either - he’s arguably worse 

Indeed... we were clearly desperate, I’d imagine after exhausting our scouted list of players and not getting any of them over the line. 

I can’t believe for one second it take about three months to get him in if that’s who you want. 

Edited by Babylon