Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ghezzal - Gone!

On 05/10/2020 at 22:03, Sunbury Fox said:

You really think we're bad in the transfer market?  In the past 5 years we've 5 sold players for c£250m who cost us a total of £25m. Yeah, Ghezzal was a gamble that didn't pay off and we've had other bad signings but overall I can think of few clubs who have done better in player recruitment than us since we got promoted. 

I haven't said we are "bad" in the transfer market and I wondered how long it would take to look at the other side of the coin.

Are you telling me all the players we have signed in the last 5 years have been great? It's not just about money it's performances on the park as well.

Take another look at those who haven't made the grade including the much heralded Adrien Silva.

34 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I haven't said we are "bad" in the transfer market and I wondered how long it would take to look at the other side of the coin.

Are you telling me all the players we have signed in the last 5 years have been great? It's not just about money it's performances on the park as well.

Take another look at those who haven't made the grade including the much heralded Adrien Silva.

We are better than most in the market. Every team wastes huge amounts because transfers are a risk with so many variables for them to be a success.

I think we all know we’ve mucked up a fair share of them ourselves.

• Like 3

On 05/10/2020 at 19:49, PaddyS said:

No where near as bad as the Pack would have us believe, I just think his style wasn't particularly suited to the English league.

Hope it goes well for him in Turkey.

Fair comments but in the last one, personally I couldn't give a shit! 

Edited by gw_leics772

On 06/10/2020 at 00:55, WigstonWanderer said:

Surprised no one’s made a joke about a turkey going to Turkey. Only joking. Seems like a nice guy, nowhere near our worst signing. Not fast enough to be a winger. If given more of a chance in a no 10 type role he might have made a useful backup or third choice.

Good luck to him.

We're still trying to shoehorn a £30m golden shiny turd into our team though. 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah another useless puel signing like Ricardo, Tilemans, Soyoncu, Maddison, Evans..... 

Wait a minute!!! 

**** sake... how many times does it need to be said..... Ricardo was his only “signing” along side Ghezzal.... all of the above mentioned players were earmarked by the club prior to his arrival. 

Best we can hope for is a loan and they pay a % of his wages.

As I have said before it is a double edged sword in that the thing that helps us attract these foreign players is the same thing that means we can never get rid of them if they turn out to be useless- wages.

Sadly another player who will be with us until the last day of his contract mainly because no one else will pay him anywhere near what he is currently earning.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

**** sake... how many times does it need to be said..... Ricardo was his only “signing” along side Ghezzal.... all of the above mentioned players were earmarked by the club prior to his arrival. 

Dont **** sake me! 

How do you how much influence he had over what transfers? 

You do know who we signed Tilemans from don't you? 

Yes thats right the same club puel played over 700 times for and won the league as a player and manager. And the same club he is considered a bona fide (and I don't use this word lightly) legend! 

I think he might have had something to do with a loan move from Monaco don't you? 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

What about Diabate - didn't Puel's son recommend him?

On 05/10/2020 at 19:49, PaddyS said:

No where near as bad as the Pack would have us believe, I just think his style wasn't particularly suited to the English league.

Hope it goes well for him in Turkey.

...the review from his previous clubs' supporters was he is skillful but slow...as a tortoise!!!

That was enough to alert anyone to his suitability to play in the roll we wanted him to, we got this so wrong and this is more the fault lying with the club than with the player.