Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC14

European premier league

1 minute ago, January47 said:

This is never going to happen. What happens if you lose the first 3 games....the rest just become friendlies with no-one being interested. To be fair just had a look at RedCafe and practically everyone hates it.....and thats from the team that probably has most to gain.

The problem is Man United don't care what the local matchgoing Mancs think. There are millions of "fans" worldwide watching every game on TV that will love it. English supporters are a disorganised bunch and don't have the political will to fight these kind of monstrous developments together in the same way fans do in other countries, which is why we so often have the piss taken out of us by those in charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, January47 said:

This is never going to happen. What happens if you lose the first 3 games....the rest just become friendlies with no-one being interested. To be fair just had a look at RedCafe and practically everyone hates it.....and thats from the team that probably has most to gain.

unfortunately like most clubs even the fans from the clubs involved wont like the idea but ultimately the fans have no choice. 

I am glad we aren't and wont be considered as the is no way this games wont be PPV / played all around the world. You can easily see Barca vs Liverpool being played in Singapore one day. The founders of this along with Uefa will just follow the money leaving the average fan at home having to pay even more to see their beloved club. 

The FA should respond with an ultimatum, either play in the the football league or in an European super league. They should advise them that they won’t be allowed back into the efl for a number of years and won’t be allowed in any FA competitions, either that or drop them from the league now for undermining their authority and bringing the game into disrepute. What they are doing is effectively destroying the English league and doing it as a parting gesture. It’s like an employee threatening to leave for another job and trashing the company whilst he does it. Time for a sacking

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KFS said:

Imagine if they didn’t though. Why do they pander to these clubs and their wants? The reason why they got so ‘big’ in first place is that they earned the right in a meritocratic system. Surely their allure is damaged if they now exist in a league where they are able to compete every year regardless of results? Maybe I’m being a romantic but I’d love for millions of people to swap Man United for a Wolves, Fulham, Leicester because Man United fvcked off into a glorified merry go round league just because they thought they’re better than everyone else.

I think we’re being held back by the fear of them being so ‘big’ that it would ruin the premier league. IMO just let them go, ban them from the English League and we start making heroes out of other clubs and players. I personally get nothing from watching that top 6 batter everyone each week. It’s boring as anything and we need change. We need a football revolution.

But they’re not leaving the premier league ???

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

If this is run by FIFA all money generated will be retained by them and the 18 clubs and none of it will filter down UEFA and to the domestic leagues.

I think the clubs Involved will get a lot more money from this than the current CL 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

The FA should respond with an ultimatum, either play in the the football league or in an European super league. They should advise them that they won’t be allowed back into the efl for a number of years and won’t be allowed in any FA competitions, either that or drop them from the league now for undermining their authority and bringing the game into disrepute. What they are doing is effectively destroying the English league and doing it as a parting gesture. It’s like an employee threatening to leave for another job and trashing the company whilst he does it. Time for a sacking

This ISNT about ditching the premier league - it’s about ditching the champions league 

this will be a power struggle between uefa and fifa - not sure where the FA will sit in that.  Of course if finishing in the top four no longer qualifies you to compete in the flagship European tournament then that’s a problem 

and as others have pointed out - what about Portugal, Holland, Russia and turkey etc etc 

this has a long way to go and these American owned clubs leading the charge together with Agnelli will potentially place themselves the wrong side of the fence ......

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

I think the clubs Involved will get a lot more money from this than the current CL 

Of course and keep it all in house.

This is football starting to eat itself right?

Let them all f$ck off and play in they're who can generate the most money league.

That'll leave the rest of us and allow football to revert back to it once was, a more level playing field, with more authenticity and it not being simply dominated by who has the richest owner.

• Like 3

I'm not so sure. If they really went against all of their seasons ticket holders etc and their UK supporters (and all other football fans in the UK) they would be be on very thin ice. Maybe not immediately as they would be too busy counting their cash but in my opinion it would run out of steam and be left up shit creek..........actually maybe its not a bad idea after all

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not much filters down from UEFA as it stands anyway in terms of prize money from their competitions as it is.

It does through the participation of a lot more teams. 

1 minute ago, blue blood said:

Imagine if all clubs outside of this racket signed a contract stating they will not sell players to clubs in that new league. 

Problem solved. 

Players resign / break contracts and go anyway . Restraint of trade laws would make it unworkable 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

When every game is a big game, no game is a big game. 

It genuinely staggers me how few people get this.

I think those within football probably know this, they just want that one quick buck before ****ing off.

• Like 1

Most of it is just posturing for me, the "you need us more than we need you" method. I can definitely see the champions League being revamped to make it very difficult or impossible for people to gatecrash although they'll probably dangle a back door qualifying route. 

Can't see there ever being a European league as a breakaway from national leagues but I guess you never know. It would get boring very quickly for the majority of fans, and even for the players.

Just now, davieG said:

It does through the participation of a lot more teams. 

Only in the big leagues where there's a lot more teams going deep in the competitions and these leagues tend to be propped up in the main by TV money anyway, the EPL for example.

I'm pretty sure the teams in the SPL for example go something like £140k from UEFA the year we made the last 16 of the Champions League which is peanuts in any league in Europe.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This ISNT about ditching the premier league - it’s about ditching the champions league 

this will be a power struggle between uefa and fifa - not sure where the FA will sit in that.  Of course if finishing in the top four no longer qualifies you to compete in the flagship European tournament then that’s a problem 

and as others have pointed out - what about Portugal, Holland, Russia and turkey etc etc 

this has a long way to go and these American owned clubs leading the charge together with Agnelli will potentially place themselves the wrong side of the fence ......

It's the first step on the road to making the European Super League the primary competition though, the bread and butter if you will. There won't and can ever be a clean break so this would be the starting point that they'll keep chipping away at year on year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Only in the big leagues where there's a lot more teams going deep in the competitions and these leagues tend to be propped up in the main by TV money anyway, the EPL for example.

I'm pretty sure the teams in the SPL for example go something like £140k from UEFA the year we made the last 16 of the Champions League which is peanuts in any league in Europe.

Well LCFC got £73m that will never happen again with this set up.

Just tell them to sod off to their fancy Dan league, let us deal with the fallout

Might as well get it over and done with

Welcome to the Inaugural Small Potatoes League

#bythefansforthefans 

Prize Money - £50 and a quick ride on the high horse (One ride only)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The whole point of winning the league or coming in the top 4 is to qualify for the champions league, which if the top six will now be part of for the next 20 years if they are founding members will effectively stop any other team from being able to participate.

Well even if they don't go straight away, they will play 34 games and a play off in the new super league and 38 games in the EPL, they won't be playing full teams in our league if they know that they are guaranteed another year in that competition. 

Tell them to do one. Charge them 4 times as much for every player as they can afford it and when new investors realise that the new league is a closed shop and boring, they will invest again in the epl. They will become franchises and be placed around the world and people will start drifting away from it.