Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC14

European premier league

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

In the franchise model the fans from the location are a footnote. Location is fluid. Look at the movement of American basketball clubs. 

I dont follow any American Sports so I don't really understand how they work to be honest. It's so sad though that our national sport is being destroyed in front of our very eyes by greedy business men that dont even like football. The fans of the big clubs need to make a stand and tell them to **** off. Problem is, there will always be some mugs around the world willing to pay top dollar to watch these "elite clubs" 

Edited by jayfox26

Let them go.  Ban them from the FAC and the League Cup and prevent any of their English Players from representing England whilst they are registered with a Team outside the English Premier League.

If they want to come back in the future, then they must start in the National League.

Manure and Liverpool can fvck off and take any of the other 'Big' boys with them.  Please call their bluff FA..

• Like 2

If the FA want to stop this kind of thing, don't let national teams select players from those teams, similar to Rugby Union where they don't select players who go off to play in more lucrative leagues, which works to a degree.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If the FA want to stop this kind of thing, don't let national teams select players from those teams, similar to Rugby Union where they don't select players who go off to play in more lucrative leagues, which works to a degree.

Thoughts with Gareth Southgate at this very difficult time lol

• Like 1

If the mega money is to come from sale of tv rights I don’t see how this would work . The big 6 have a world wide following but who ( Apart from their fans) in this country will pay for coverage showing Arsenal v Real or Man City v PSG . That cannot sustain the increase in what the top  clubs would expect to join the league .

I expect the clubs concerned would still like their 'B' teams to be able to play in their respective leagues to give their player game time and the eligible squad size increased to somewhere around 50. 

How many fans in Toxteth or Worsley can afford a weekly European tour? It'd become a fan free, corporate hospitality zone. Hmmmm. Clinks of champagne glasses to every movement on the pitch. No shouting with mouths full of vol-au-vent and canapes.

Big clubs are, I'm afraid, integral to the PL. City v Villa and Palace v Newcastle just doesn't cut it if there's no jeopardy of the result affecting the big teams. 

However, I'd call their bluff. Let them go and award a PL franchise named Liverpool, Manchester United Arsenal and Chelsea to a newly formed company.

See who their fans choose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

The FA/UEFA/Government need to bog this down into as much legal wrangling as possible. 

33 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Let them. This would be so ****ing boring, same teams playing each other every week, every year. It'd collapse on itself.

Then I'd have them right back to the lowest tier of English football imaginable when it does.

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'd call their bluff. Let them go and award a PL franchise named Liverpool, Manchester United Arsenal and Chelsea to a newly formed company.

See who their fans choose. 

:appl::appl::appl:

Right on.

I wouldn't want to cross any of you guys.  lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Let them. This would be so ****ing boring, same teams playing each other every week, every year. It'd collapse on itself.

Then I'd have them right back to the lowest tier of English football imaginable when it does.

Two seasons in, Spurs and Arsenal would be the Fulham and West Brom of it. 

They’d be a new big six and they’d want more money than the rest. 

Rinse and repeat 

For me it’s a smoke screen to shoehorn in some league phase to the CL or even this final 8 format.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Two seasons in, Spurs and Arsenal would be the Fulham and West Brom of it. 

They’d be a new big six and they’d want more money than the rest. 

Rinse and repeat 

For me it’s a smoke screen to shoehorn in some league phase to the CL or even this final 8 format.

I see your point but why would FIFA get involved in those shenanigans if they ultimately don't benefit from them.

• Thanks 1

So now qualifying for Europe will be based on prestige rather than achievement. So these founding clubs won’t need to perform at all in the premier league and can in effect field a youth team with no worry about how the results effects their European status . As long as they survive in the premiership the money for Europe a given 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

...and we only just missed out on another run in the CL again that will never happen under this scheme. Well £73m from one club one season suggests that it does because we spent a fair bit of that on players within the English Leagues.

Their timing is good as well just when there's a few sides challenging to break into that top 5.

Anyway any amount is better than none.

We'll need to agree to disagree, in 20 odd years of the EPL any "trickle" amount is negligible.

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t really particularly care, I grew up watching us play Championship and League One teams, as did most on here. I’m sure we won’t miss the games against the ‘big clubs’ that we win because we were ‘lucky’ or the ones we lose because of VAR. 

Just let them get on with it and watch it fail whilst us and Everton win the league for the next 10 years on and off lol 

.... I follow the Red flag in politics & Now the blue Shirts in football...

1 minute ago, davieG said:

How can be in both this European PL of 18 teams and the EPL of 20 team, that's 38 + 36 games. 74 game season?

With the money they make they can have 1 team for the Prem and another for Europe.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

With the money they make they can have 1 team for the Prem and another for Europe.

Assuming the PL allow it. Buggered if I'm going to pay for a ST that includes 10 games against their B teams. 

With all their money that could easily result in their B teams competing in the Europa League or whatever it ends up being called.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

They can't under any circumstances be allowed to have their cake and eat it. In the European league or the premier league not both. Hopefully the former.