Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC14

European premier league

This shit again? We're all bored already.

It just epitomises what these clubs are about, though. Clubs metaphorically starving all over Europe because of the pandemic and all these disgusting fat bastards still want their banquet. If they're that desperate to go off and fill their bellies until they burst, let them. We won't lose any sleep over it. 

Oh, and **** FIFA and everything it represents. I for one won't rue the day when it eventually eats itself and takes all of them with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Why on earth would you want to do that when instead you could just read the headline and spend the time you've saved moaning about something you don't understand?

I’m going to put it out there. Subject to reading more of the reports, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. There isn’t an attempt to exclude successful clubs in the league i.e. anyone who “does a Leicester”. It’s about making the European competition far more competitive. Reduce domestic league, remove less appealing cup competitions, increase certainty of traditional elite football clubs who have the champions league so attractive and share the wealth within reason. It’s far better a proposal (based on the information that has been released) then first thought. 

There is no indication that this will replace the premier league, bundesliga, serie A etc. They’ll all continue as part of those leagues, this is to try and expand the global appeal of the European product.

45 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

And on top of this, I'd hope that the Football Associations affected will ban anyone playing in the league from representing their National Team

The FA aren’t going to throw away their stars that bring in the money for them. Great idea in principle but it won’t happen unfortunately. 

We sold our Soul when the Premier League was formed, this is just the cash devil coming back for his next feed, clubs like ours are nothing more than necrotic flesh for the parasites to prey on, my heart is broken by modern football and this is now will break my will to continue to pay thousands of pounds per year to fund it all.

At stage I feel it’s time to say..... I’m out ! 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m going to put it out there. Subject to reading more of the reports, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. There isn’t an attempt to exclude successful clubs in the league i.e. anyone who “does a Leicester”. It’s about making the European competition far more competitive. Reduce domestic league, remove less appealing cup competitions, increase certainty of traditional elite football clubs who have the champions league so attractive and share the wealth within reason. It’s far better a proposal (based on the information that has been released) then first thought. 

There is no indication that this will replace the premier league, bundesliga, serie A etc. They’ll all continue as part of those leagues, this is to try and expand the global appeal of the European product.

Exactly.. I actually don't think it's entirely a bad idea.. If this were a breakaway i kind of feel like people would get bored of it.. the reason Bayern V Liverpool works is because it doesn't happen that often.. also the format would be much more interesting than the expanded champions league.. If there was a way of promotion/relegation that would be interesting.

This would replace the Champions League and play out of the course of a season; whilst also playing in the domestic league. 

What I don’t understand, is how they plan on taking part in another 17 (once) to 34 games (twice). 

These teams already complain about fixture congestion etc. 

With the International Nations League, International Friendlies, FA Cup, League Cup etc, that’s a lot of football.  

This could just be a baby step to them braking away altogether, however it’s not that simple. We’ll end up with an inferior Premier League for those left behind, with reduced money and the top talent wanting to move to the big league with the big money. The FA may need to take a stance here if that’s the case and make a stand that anyone playing in this, doesn’t ply for the national team. 

I would have thought that moving forward, maybe the top 4 of the Premier League will qualify to play in this European Premier League. Then normal qualification placements for Europa League. Which means that Arsenal and Spurs shouldn't really be under consideration for it as currently stands. 

Feel a bit sorry for some clubs from places perceived as lesser nations, i.e Russia, Ukraine, Scotland, Portugsl as they're now potentially not going to have the same revenue/motivation etc due to not being able to play in the strongest and most lucrative competition. The likes of Zenit, Dynamo Kiev, Shakhtar, Celtic, Porto, Benfica etc have over the years greatly contributed and been relatively successful. Where does it potentially leave them? 

I enjoy the bit where it says 'home and away' as if that would actually be a thing lol

The only reason they'd replace the Champions League with this is because it'll be played in USA/Asia/Australia/Africa in front of an abundance of gullible cash rich fans. 

2 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

I would have thought that moving forward, maybe the top 4 of the Premier League will qualify to play in this European Premier League. Then normal qualification placements for Europa League. Which means that Arsenal and Spurs shouldn't really be under consideration for it as currently stands. 

Feel a bit sorry for some clubs from places perceived as lesser nations, i.e Russia, Ukraine, Scotland, Portugsl as they're now potentially not going to have the same revenue/motivation etc due to not being able to play in the strongest and most lucrative competition. The likes of Zenit, Dynamo Kiev, Shakhtar, Celtic, Porto, Benfica etc have over the years greatly contributed and been relatively successful. Where does it potentially leave them? 

Excluded I’d imagine. It becomes more of a closed shop for the elite. No one wants a Porto upsetting the odds in Europe again. 

Kind of want this to happen so we can hit restart. Boycott this bullshit and let all the weird Twitter virgin fans flock there. Have every team not included kick lumps out of these so called elite clubs every week and ultimately start their demise.

I’m sick of the bullshit surrounding the ‘big six’, their fans, their elitist owners, the greed and the fact that they are trying to ruin a meritocracy that inspires millions of people every week.

Get rid of them. 

Edited by KFS

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I enjoy the bit where it says 'home and away' as if that would actually be a thing lol

The only reason they'd replace the Champions League with this is because it'll be played in USA/Asia/Australia/Africa in front of an abundance of gullible cash rich fans. 

Can’t see how that would work with league games either side 

perhaps the semis and final could be played in a week’s tournament somewhere else end of the season 

the whole thing would mean those clubs involved would need much deeper quality squads to keep themselves top six 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Can’t see how that would work with league games either side 

perhaps the semis and final could be played in a week’s tournament somewhere else end of the season 

the whole thing would mean those clubs involved would need much deeper quality squads to keep themselves top six 

Simple. The PL and FA would bend to the will of the clubs involved, give them preferential fixture dates, reduce the number of teams in the league and probably scrap both cup competitions too. Oh, and let their B teams compete in the lower leagues so they always have match-fit players handy.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Simple. The PL and FA would bend to the will of the clubs involved, give them preferential fixture dates, reduce the number of teams in the league and probably scrap both cup competitions too. Oh, and let their B teams compete in the lower leagues so they always have match-fit players handy.

Imagine if they didn’t though. Why do they pander to these clubs and their wants? The reason why they got so ‘big’ in first place is that they earned the right in a meritocratic system. Surely their allure is damaged if they now exist in a league where they are able to compete every year regardless of results? Maybe I’m being a romantic but I’d love for millions of people to swap Man United for a Wolves, Fulham, Leicester because Man United fvcked off into a glorified merry go round league just because they thought they’re better than everyone else.

I think we’re being held back by the fear of them being so ‘big’ that it would ruin the premier league. IMO just let them go, ban them from the English League and we start making heroes out of other clubs and players. I personally get nothing from watching that top 6 batter everyone each week. It’s boring as anything and we need change. We need a football revolution.

• Like 1

This is never going to happen. What happens if you lose the first 3 games....the rest just become friendlies with no-one being interested. To be fair just had a look at RedCafe and practically everyone hates it.....and thats from the team that probably has most to gain.

If this is run by FIFA all money generated will be retained by them and the 18 clubs and none of it will filter down UEFA and to the domestic leagues.